Large hangar for space and land based vehicles, plus basic maintenance equipment.
Soren Haicen

One eye open. (Day 4 Mid Evening)

Post by Soren Haicen »

Soren wasn't much on watching trials, at least not when no one he really knew was involved. So with half the base occupied with that he instead made his way to the hangar. There was a storm raging outside and while he didn't expect anyone to come inside, it was a rather good opportunity to engage in shenanigans which is why he was here.

BEst to keep a eye out for anythign out oof the ordinary, right?
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Jan Melmoar

Re: One eye open. (Day 4 Mid Evening)

Post by Jan Melmoar »

" 'scuse me dear."
Something out of the ordinary that was behind him seems to be asking Soren to move aside from one of the narrow paths between the ships.
"I have a jacuzzi and shrimp cocktail session lined up and it simply cannot wait."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Never stan' 'tween a determined woman an' her cocktail." A voice called out from underneath the Sparrow.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Wouldn't dream of it." Soren replied as he stepped out of the way. "That sounds like a thing that would earn you the death sentence in certain places."

Or at least a deathly glare.

Has:
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"And they said chivalry was dead."
Jan passes Soren with a smile and 'oh thank you dear' as she saunters past.
"Is that Garth Thul under there? Garth, it appears nobody can stop you from dispensing deep wisdom."

The Czerka director heads for her cruiser and disappears up the boarding ramp, only to emerge a few moments later holding what looks like a 6 pack, heading back towards the other two.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth's laugh echoed in the hangar. "Chivalry ain't dead, not s' long as ah'm around Ms Melmoar. Ah ev'n resist'd th' urge t' objectify yer as y' walked past."

Garth replied as he slid himself out from under the ship.

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Well, at least one of us can keep it going then." Soren repleid with a look towards Garth. "From what I understand it's a whole lot of work and doesn't always pay that well." Which was true for a lot of work honestly.

Has:
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Oh thank you Garth, I appreciate that resisted and that you felt you had to resist. Clearly a decade of outrageously expensive Pilates and salads has paid off."
Jan slides an oil splattered stool out from under a beat up speader and sets the beers down, daintily selection one and popping the top off.
"I'm sure I would objectify you right back were I not happily living in sin."

She turns to cock her head at Soren.
"I don't believe we've met. But if you're looking for work that pays just a hair more than chivalry does, I'm you're woman."
She extends her other hand.
"Jan Melmoar, I'm with Czerka Corp. Or perhaps these days, Czerka Corp is with me?"
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"I don't know if just a hair more is exactly what I'm looking for, but I suppose they say something is better then nothing." Soren repleid as he extended his hand to shake Jan's. "I'm Soren Haicen. Don't really have anything else fancy to add to that."

He paused a moment. "Suppose I could say Mercenary and Bounty Hunter, those aren't very fancy but most don't find em too disagreeable either."

Has:
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela was feeling antsy and couldn't bear the thought of watching her friend get dragged through the mud. So instead she wandered the base aimlessly, mind turning over earlier events. That's when she found her way to the hangar with the others. "Good evening everyone. Keeping busy?"
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth dipped his head as Breela approached. "Jus givin' the Sparrow a once over before seein' jus how weatherproof she is now. Jan were kind nuff t' offer some pleasant conversation t' Soren and me."

"Y' out fer a stroll?" Garth asks, aware of the strain recent events must be putting on Breela.

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Garth is keeping busy, Soren is loitering ominously and I am drinking."
She offers a bottle in Breela's direction.

"You're welcome to join. Although I'm not sure if we've met. I'm Jan Melmoar."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Eyeing the bottle longingly, "Breela Po." She stares some more, borderline salivates, "Thanks... but..." No- no- NO- NO!! Bad Breela! "I quit drinking a couple of weeks back." She felt like she'd just wrestled a Gamorrean, she certainly was sweating like one now. "Thank you, though." She adds hastily.

"I'm just clearing my head. Trying to," she smiles, "not really succeeding." She nods at Soren. "Good to see you again."

Damn I want that drink. Her tail twitches.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan raises an eyebrow with a slight smile.
"I've got some harder drugs back on the ship if you want, but certainly don't feel any pressure to partake."
She twirls the bottle a few times before sliding it back into its case.

"It's not easy to quit a vice like that. Or, so I'm told. I've never tried."
The director sips her from her own bottle again.
"I see you know Soren, that's wonderful. Are you in his line of work? Or perhaps something a little more....strategic?"
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth leans against the hull of the Sparrow folding his hands behind his head.

"Ah've been more partial t' the vice of a good woman, or ev'n better a bad one." Garth jokes with the group.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:35 am
~sic~
"No sorry," she wipes her mouth tremulously, "I'm just a run of the mill, stick in the mud Jedi. I actually don't know Soren well, apart from the fact that we both mopped up sludge together a couple of weeks back. I think we've run into each other in the halls, but that's about it."

'I wanted to clear my mind alright. Mission accomplished, now all I can think about is that drink. Dammit, maybe I am an addict!
Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:34 am
"Ah've been more partial t' the vice of a good woman, or ev'n better a bad one." Garth jokes with the group.
"Bad women are the best," she winks at Garth. "I think you've got the best of both worlds going for you."

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Seems like I picked the right ethical side of the woman divide. Does dangerous flying count as a vice? If it does we should indulge it at some point, Garth....in your ship of course."
She flashes a smile at The Sparrow before glancing back at Breela.

"Well, I won't hold being a jedi against you, we all have our faults. I gather it's been a busy time for you lot?"
Her eyebrow arches slightly.
"Ah, you know Soren from the sludge. I suppose there are worse introductions. I confess, that smell did very nearly ruin my date night. Still, I suppose it did have to be done."
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Soren had offered Breela a nod in greetings, but didnt comment yet. Instead choosing to listen to conversation and loiter ominously, it has a skill he had nearly perfected after years of practice after all. "I mostly wtick to drinking as far as vice's go." Soren finally offered after a few moments. "Relationships can be a big mess for a Mercenary after all. Unless you keep things transactional." Was that even a word?

"That smell was something awful." Soren agreed with a nod. "I mean, I've smelled worse. But that's definetly not something you want to track into your bunk for the next three weeks. So I'm glad we were doen with it quick."

Has:
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:48 am
"Well, I won't hold being a jedi against you, we all have our faults. I gather it's been a busy time for you lot?"
Her eyebrow arches slightly.
At that Breela rolls her eyes, "Layne's always causing problems for someone. Nothing new there. And I appreciate you not holding it against me. Admittedly that side of things hasn't been my concern. Not really." She thinks back to Jubbs."The good news is with my problems may come opportunities. But that may be something to discuss tomorrow. For tonight I'll be on pins and needles, until I know for sure."
Soren Haicen wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:22 am
"Relationships can be a big mess for a Mercenary after all. Unless you keep things transactional." Was that even a word?

"That smell was something awful." Soren agreed with a nod. "I mean, I've smelled worse. But that's definetly not something you want to track into your bunk for the next three weeks. So I'm glad we were doen with it quick."
"Bleh, don't remind me." She agrees with Soren. "I suppose mercenaries have something in common with Jedi then. Getting attached is always dirty for us."

"So I know all about Garth and his Miyi." She says conversationally. "What do you guys do? How'd you end up stuck in the trenches with us factionalists?"

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:48 am
"Seems like I picked the right ethical side of the woman divide. Does dangerous flying count as a vice? If it does we should indulge it at some point, Garth....in your ship of course."
She flashes a smile at The Sparrow before glancing back at Breela.
"Less 'f a vice and more 'f a calling, but whene'er the mood strikes fer a spin, gimme a call. Always up f'r a good challenge."
Breela Po wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:19 am
"So I know all about Garth and his Miyi." She says conversationally. "What do you guys do? How'd you end up stuck in the trenches with us factionalists?"
Garth suddenly looks afraid.

"My Miyi? Tryna get me killled Breela?" He jokes. "Th' Baroness don' belong t' no-one."

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Breela Po wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:19 am

At that Breela rolls her eyes, "Layne's always causing problems for someone. Nothing new there. And I appreciate you not holding it against me. Admittedly that side of things hasn't been my concern. Not really." She thinks back to Jubbs."The good news is with my problems may come opportunities. But that may be something to discuss tomorrow. For tonight I'll be on pins and needles, until I know for sure."
"Then we can do do our best to distract you. I admit, the thought of there being so many opportunities on the horizon had me on pins and needles as well. But I shall have to persevere."
She sighs, feigning deep pain.
"Let me know if any of them pay well." nodding at Soren. "And don't forget to include another working professional."

Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:49 pm

"Less 'f a vice and more 'f a calling, but whene'er the mood strikes fer a spin, gimme a call. Always up f'r a good challenge."
Vigorous finger gunning.
"I shall."
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

The finger gunning is returned with a very casual salute.

"Should be free fer the next coupl'a days, unless somethin' pops up." Garth adds to Jan, shooting a probing glance Breela's way.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She chuckles at Garth's response regarding Miyi.
Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:02 pm
"Should be free fer the next coupl'a days, unless somethin' pops up." Garth adds to Jan, shooting a probing glance Breela's way.
Breela grins at that. "Well I can give you this much. I want to go on the offensive, tomorrow if possible. My friend Jubbs has been undercover for a couple of weeks pretending to be a slave. I'll take every gun that wants to volunteer when the time comes."

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"....Okay well this conversation actually just got interesting."
Jan leans forward with her eyes sparkling.

"Undercover agents? Taking the offensive? Guns? Just what have you all been up to? I swear, I look away for 5 minutes and all of a sudden people are organising pirate killing parties without me."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Just another day in the life really." Breela says honestly, "Well... without the usual resources necessary to pull such things off. That's why I need all the help I can get."

She pulls both Soren and Jan into the know. (I believe the raid is outlined on page 2)

"I'm not wealthy by any means, but I can pay in favors. I believe Jubbs has found my little girl, but my son is still missing. So the reward for information on him stands."