It was me, Jerri, the whole time or Dapper Dog's Q&A Thing

Post by Dapper Dog »

Thanks for all the limbs.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Baesal Zyn

Re: It was me, Jerri, the whole time or Dapper Dog's Q&A Thing

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Thank you once again for this saga!

What were the biggest curve balls the PCs threw at you?

What were your favorite moments?

When is the next game? 8-)
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Much love and appreciation to you, Dapperest of Dogs. You are loved! <3

I gotta know... THE POLLS! What was the meaning behind the polls??!
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

I've loved every game I've been in; I'm sad that it's over, but also grateful for all the good times! I'm sure I caused a few headaches at times, and for that I apologize.

One thing I've been dying to know since the reveal:

Was Jerri *always* Darth Irrej, even on Alderaan? Or did you come up with that later?
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:16 am
Much love and appreciation to you, Dapperest of Dogs. You are loved! <3

I gotta know... THE POLLS! What was the meaning behind the polls??!
The polls were a way to have people decide on future events or the outcome of the war, each poll was worth 5 points with one or two options being the best choice, so there were 30 points to be earned in the polls for the future conflict. The players earned 25 points out of 30 points.
Baesal Zyn wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:13 am
Thank you once again for this saga!

What were the biggest curve balls the PCs threw at you?

What were your favorite moments?

When is the next game? 8-)
The heel turn by Layne early on was not expected; I think players assuming Vitiate was back, he was dead it was just an echo but that is fine. I expect players to do strange things so that is fine, the goat meme was enjoyable.

Like this game, or overall; this game had a great deal of interesting moments hard to really pick one as I am usually pulled from one scene to another. I usually enjoy the more offbeat characters I guess.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:24 am
I've loved every game I've been in; I'm sad that it's over, but also grateful for all the good times! I'm sure I caused a few headaches at times, and for that I apologize.

One thing I've been dying to know since the reveal:

Was Jerri *always* Darth Irrej, even on Alderaan? Or did you come up with that later?
That was later, originally he was just using that as a cover but then I saw an opportunity for chaos and surprises so consider this a moment of seeing how the sausage was made.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

The Jerri reveal was very amusing. More so for me who had no idea what went down on Alderaan.

Thanks again for all these games!
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Did you really get to cut off enough limbs to satisfy yourself?

Just curious... For science.
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Soren Haicen wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:56 pm
Did you really get to cut off enough limbs to satisfy yourself?

Just curious... For science.
I think so, I am not a huge fan of mangling PCs but I think I had more than my fair share.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:58 am

Thanks for all the limbs.
As, I thiiiink, the biggest contributor still? You're welcome. Was happy to make the sacrifice.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Gree Speech

Red Perpendicular = Hurt or damaged
Blue intersection = anger
Green Bilateral = Nominal or normal
white perpendicular = broken/not salvageable/ beyond repair
Yellow parallel = stranger/person/sentient
Gray ascent = night mode/nightvision
white secant - death/fatal
red vertical = bad/poor/dangerous
Black tangent = conflict/battle
verdant radial = prudent/careful action
black intersectors = wildcard/dangerous element/potential enemy
green circular = repair
grey parallels = objects/things/equipment
green secant = location/current place/shelter
gold intersector = gree/masters
grey intersectors = weapon/soldier/fighter
verdant perpendicular = observe/study
black vertical = good/heroic/best result
green rhombus = rest/recharge/sleep/downtime
Silver rhombus = intimate relations/sex/intercourse
pink secant = desire/want/affection
black circular = purpose/design/goal
Orange circular = explore/study/experience
pink vertex = fear/cowardice/terror
white vertical = worst result/bad end/critical failure
silver vertex = surprise/good surprise/unexpected
Blue Vertex - confused/confused/unclear
orange perpendicular = down/moving down/direction of below/3-dimensional
orange rhombus = competent/good at role/craftsman
gold vertex = good/benevolent/helpful
red intersector = bad person/enemy
purple vertex = understanding/knwoledge
silver intersector = good/ally/friendly
silver circular = friendship
green bisector = galaxy/creation/infinite space
yellow rhombus = defeat
orange vertical = apologize/make amends
gray interval =time/hours/units of time
Black bisector = hero
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

I don't think I got all of it that I encountered right (I definitely had 'black' by the wrong end until quite late, and never quite fully sorted 'orange'), but I really enjoyed bouncing Tethys off of the Gree language stuff.

<3
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 pm
I don't think I got all of it that I encountered right (I definitely had 'black' by the wrong end until quite late, and never quite fully sorted 'orange'), but I really enjoyed bouncing Tethys off of the Gree language stuff.

<3
I tried to keep it consistent, but also have a few that went against the grain like any language, rules are broken. I am glad some enjoyed it.
Remmington Balmung

Trying to figure out the Gree speech pretty amusing. Thanks for all the work on that.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Again thanks for everyone that played, this has been a labor of love for all six games started on a whim when a game ended early and I felt ambitious enough to try and run something. My biggest goal early one was really two fold which I will explain shortly but first I just wanted to say I appreciate the thanks and praise, really it’s players that make these fun and frustrating in equal measure and I can look back and go man I could have done a number of things better but I am glad we could bring this tale to an end.

It's important to me that stories have an ending, which is why I decided on six games.

Early Goals

My early goals were to have a fun Star Wars game based in a universe that was fun and I was familiar with and it just happened I was very familiar with the Old Republic setting rom the MMO on both sides, so I decided on that.

To have fun I wanted to focus on two things, make sure that failures were not the end of the story for players and that actually failing stuff can be fun on the journey and that there was more to do than just daily events which were nice for keeping people involved but always have been my least favorite part of the games.

Therefore in the first real event of Korriban, I encouraged players that failed getting to the school to have short scenes in the desert of them getting lost and in many cases creating small jumping off points that would affect character trajectories throughout the games, not intended but looking back I am happy it happened.

Giving players personal plots and hooks was a lot of work but I am glad I did it because it gave characters a chance to have personal stories that had a dun habit of intersecting with other characters and led to some of my fave moments like tracking the Nikto murderer on Nar Shaddaa or the man romantic subplots of Alderaan, which is probably one of my more favorite games.

Making the Sausage

Admitting I was wrong on a call or ruling was never hard for me as a GM, sometimes we get things wrong or make mistakes, like the initial Baras fight at Nar Shaddaa was probably what he should have been but was still way too much for the characters involved. Also, I know the rules, but I am not a wiki which often had me going what book is that from, what does that do? Players sometimes think I have everything memorized, but I really don’t, and I am not afraid to ask like where that is from… what does that do. I will say I learned a great deal about the game from others, I am not a rules lawyer by any means my focus is on the story and crafting scenes more so than mechanics, but I am glad to have other people to give me the right information.

Personality conflicts are probably the hardest thing to deal with and even after six games are always a mine field but thankfully, I got better and sometimes you just have to say hey knock that off, and I try to get better at that. I know drama happens but thankfully we have been able to resolve things in a peaceful manner with minimal tears.

Thanks for all the Limbs

In the end I am glad we finished this journey I will be taking a break; I look forward to the games, but I will admit this game was a lot of anxiety, finishing something is a great deal of pressure to get it right. Plus, I am in a very different place, in my personal life, here than I was about six to eight years ago when this started. Nothing bad just different and priorities have changed, but I was glad to have had the privilege to run these games for people and it felt good to know people looked forward to the series.

That’s basically the best thing I could hope for.
Remmington Balmung

Oops, I forgot to ask this earlier but what did the hilt that Jo was selling do?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:24 pm
Oops, I forgot to ask this earlier but what did the hilt that Jo was selling do?
I had not decided, I sort of went with inspiration in the moment.