The main common area; utilized for eating , sleeping, and basic sub standard living.
Zeno Thul

The Evening Shift [D1 EE, Open]

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno was in the halls, taking stock of the situation in the halls. They would need space and systems here to be brought back online.

[Opening a base renewal thread, 4 more people maximum]
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Baesal Zyn

Re: The Evening Shift [D1 EE, Open]

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal's assesment of the base's condition was...dismal...much to do with little time and ressources. It might be better to wait until they had stable more power but she supposed the fusion lantern she held in her hand might be able to suffice.

The ever ressourceful droid, R5-T8, was following her, bringing some supplies.
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Zeno!" Coutness Lanar calls from across the way. Having left from that previous meeting of powerhouses, getting her fill of seeing the bigger figures of the Republic and Empire both, she followed Zeno out and caught up with him eventually. Moving through the ever shifting movement of people putting their minds and muscles to work one of her hands touches on a shoulder to carefully make her way around them before approaching Zeno himself.

"You're usually a man with a plan, yea? Just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do to organize something together," she says, a quick offer of a placating smile.

[Lemme know if someone else had designs on this, Presence focused]
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri had followed Riss from the meeting large black coat still dropped over his shoulders somewhat obscuring the sling his arm was in.

He nodded to those present, player ignoring the somewhat paradoxical position this puts Omandri in in a later time slot.

He was on the mend but would still help with things as much as he could.

-----------------
Int focused skills in mechanics, Medicine, xenobilogy, education
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal had spotted Zeno...but now the who's who of Alderaan seemed to have popped out of the nearest air duct

''Good evening'' she spoke as she joined the group ''Are you here to make an assessment of our conditions as well?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

It wasn't just the Alderaanians and the Jedi who had been alerted to Zeno's presence. An extremely distinctive Sith made his way directly toward the group. He moved with surprising grace considering the heavy armour and stopped a few meters away. His hands clenched before he reached up and removed the helm that covered his face in the Armour of the First Wrath. Bright golden eyes, notably free of Darkside taint, looked at them intently.

"Well now. Zeno Deathwright. Baesal Zyn. What are the chances?"

There was a pause as he looked them up and down, and their friends. Then he chuckled.

"You picked a funny place for a reunion."

[Discipline is my favoured roll for this]
Last edited by Jo'ren Rath on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Good evening everyone," Zeno says with a nod. My plan is to hopefully clear out engineering so we can get access to what tools and materials are in there to help with all the other repairs and mechanical work."

He notices a few Imperial soldiers and frightens them into help doing menial labor to move heavy objects.

"Let's get to work."

D1 EE, Renewal, Coercion, Depleted Power 3 increases max 4 dice, 2eA+3eF+2eD+2eC: 2eA+3eF+2eD+2eC 2 failures, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Destiny Flip and 4 strain to use LS, +3 successes and +2 advantage, 1 boost to next roller and successful roll.

Also, don't forget your upgrade to your roll if you were in Tension... Like I forgot.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Engineering? That was my idea as well'' she set down the fusion lantern ''Give me a second I'll give us some power''

Without more ceremony she plugged her power source to the nearby systems. The Lantern light up and soon the area was bathed in a a soft light and sweet blessed heat. It would not power the whole area but it is enough to help their work

''Jo'ren'' she looked up and down at the mountain of a Sith ''It has been a while...'' she squinted at his chest ''...new armor?''

---
Diffs reduced by one for the team
favored skills: mechanics, computers, education, xenology,
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

"Heh, well I've had it a while now. Guess it has been a long time huh? What's new with you?" He looked at the power source and felt something stirring in the force as it began to power up. That had been happening more frequently of late. "Guess we should see what else can be done around here." He shook it off and went over to see what the soldiers were doing.

His hands clapped to get their attention. "You're all running around scared of him? Where's that Imperial focus, where's your discipline soldiers?"

As he started to show them how to work more effectively he suddenly became aware of a feeling. The Force was tugging at his mind, responding to his presence, like it was trying to reveal something to him. But what? He extended his senses into the area, perhaps there was something more important here?

"The Force is reaching out to me. Carry on, I will investigate the source and see if it can aid us."

---

D1. EE. The Evening Shift. Roll 2/7. Discipline vs Hard increased 3 times. Boost from Equipment. Boost from Zeno. Player upgrade from General.: 4eP+1eA+2eB+4eD+1eC 2 failures, 6 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Classic Trollokos 8-) 2/7 rolls, 1 successful 1 failed
3 boosts to the next roller - enjoy!
Plus a Triumph! - Discussing with Dapper
Last edited by Jo'ren Rath on Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I think most Republicans disagreed with my opinion when I was cheering you on at the temple," Zeno said with a smirk at Jo'ren when he came over to whip the soldiers into shape.

He didn't otherwise interrupt what the Sith was focusing on.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'll round up some volunteers, rather than voluntold's, mmm?" she says with a pleasant little smile directed Zeno's way. Glancing around at those that were gathering she gives a wave over for Omandri to join her at her side, and to pair off with him while they went about looking into ways to help. For a little while Riss would spend some considerable efforts gaining the support of a number of individuals across the base that would have fathered just take a break but looked like they still had some steam left in them. After all, when the Countess Lanar came asking you for help it was really hard to look her in the eye and tell her "no." That was a trap that all too many of her closest friends knew all too well.

Eventually, she'd return with her small entourage of able-bodied Republic workers ready to give their best to impress the far too pretty Countess.

"See how much vigor they have about it Zeno?" she calls out over some of the louder bit of work, flashing that teasy grin of hers.

[Roll]

Day 1, EE | Depleted Power 2 (3-1), vs Leadership, Formidable with Upgrade, vs Leadership, Kill With Kindness (remove 2 setback), Cascader (Damaged +1 Setback), Tension Upgrade, Three Boost: 4eP+3eB+1eC+4eD 4 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 Setback to next roller.

2s/1f, out of 7 total.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:49 pm
"I think most Republicans disagreed with my opinion when I was cheering you on at the temple," Zeno said with a smirk at Jo'ren when he came over to whip the soldiers into shape.

He didn't otherwise interrupt what the Sith was focusing on.
There was a small smile on Jo'ren's face although most of his attention was taken by the stirring in the Force. He half turned to his old comrade. "You should have seen it Zeno. It was glorious!"

As the new recruits approached he gave the woman leading them a nod. "Zeno still surrounds himself with talented people. Good." Then he closed his eyes and let his senses pull him towards whatever it was that he could feel.

After a moment, all was revealed...

His lightsaber was suddenly in his hand and he moved to attack!

...no. What was he up to? After a few moments what had appeared to be a blank wall had now revealed a hidden access door. The molten remains of a locking mechanism on the other side of the wall flowed out of a hole beside the door. The saber blade disappeared with a snap.

"Universal...hah." He gestured to the opening. "This will help us get to where we need to be."

---
3/7 rolls: 3 successes / 0 failures

(OOC: Triumph converts the failure to a success as the Force reveals an alternative route into an otherwise inaccessible part of the Engineering area. )

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri grimaced a little at all the noise, he had the beginnings of a headache and he needed to do something about his arm pain. He dug around in his bag and fished out a slender cylander with a needle gently putting it in his injured arm the pain cleared up, for now.

Then he pulled put a little canister like the kind that could hold mints but instead of mints he had the pills he had refined that increased blood flow to the brain. He tool one and felt his focus sharpen even as the headache got a little worse.

Omandri was a bit less talkative than usual and searched for something to do to help. He was a basic mechanic, only ok with computers but he found some old manuals for some of the equipment and went through those. His long years in academia had prepared him for parsing technical manuals.

------------------------
D1 EE nase renewal stimnapplication int average medicine increased 2 times one upgrade and set back: 2eP+3eA+1eC+3eD+1eS 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

+1 int for the scene take 4 strain
Apply nullcain to ignore crippled crit for the scene

D1 EE base renewal education/int upgrade from earlier thread base hard with 2 increases and an upgrade: 3eP+3eA+1eC+4eD 2 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pass 4/7, 0 fails
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

As far as temple massacres were involved...better not talk about it now and remain focused on the task ahead

''A secret passage? That will be useful...I wonder where it leads?''

She looked around their current area

Her main focus was proper isolation and energy preservation...can't keep this place warm an operational if there are leaks everywhere and so she reached out to the Force and her mind echoed within the walls of the structure.

''There are a few leaks, I'll fix them in no time''

The evening shift opportunity, Mechanics, assisted, bench (+1 sux), Force tools, Master Artisan (-2 strain), local power -difficulty, General's boon, Manipulate: 5eP+1eB+2eF+5eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Light side for...advantage? Giving two boosts to the next roll

Pass 5/7, Fail 0
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

The area was looking much better now that the heavy junk was out of the way and the equipment is being put back into working order. Not a bad bit of work for the group. He continues with moving junk and directing soldiers with tough love.

"How have you been, Jo'ren? Getting into plenty of trouble?"

----

OOC: 5 successful rolls means successful opportunity, nothing is gained by doing extra rolls I don't believe

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

(Triumphs may get us somethin' good if we want to temps the devil)
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The common area was looking much better after the work, not the greatest place to sleep but it was free of debris and most of the ice. It wasn’t immaculate but it was functional, clean, and somewhat comfortable despite the gnawing cold.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri closed a book and pinched the bridge of his nose sitting in a recently cleared off spot. He looked about and small smile touched his lips through the headache. They were at least making solid progress.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:27 pm
Omandri closed a book and pinched the bridge of his nose sitting in a recently cleared off spot. He looked about and small smile touched his lips through the headache. They were at least making solid progress.
Riss leans her head in over his shoulder, resting against him a bit. Careful, of course, to not disturb his injured arm.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:26 am
"How have you been, Jo'ren? Getting into plenty of trouble?"
After helping to finish clearing things up he walked over to Zeno and gave him a grin. "Heh, you know it! Either I find trouble or it finds me." A big shrug and he looked around at their handiwork. "Not too bad. Just need to get some more power to this place. So. Alderaan huh?"

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Riss wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm
Riss leans her head in over his shoulder, resting against him a bit. Careful, of course, to not disturb his injured arm.
Smile a touch softer he tilted his head to rest on hers "Good to see that silver tongue of yours is good for more than getting me in trouble." He teased in a quiet tone

Description|Theme
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:32 pm
After helping to finish clearing things up he walked over to Zeno and gave him a grin. "Heh, you know it! Either I find trouble or it finds me." A big shrug and he looked around at their handiwork. "Not too bad. Just need to get some more power to this place. So. Alderaan huh?"
"Yep. Alderaan. It's been getting worse though. Did you know a few years back they made sanctioned murder illegal? The nerve."

He shakes his head in disapproval. "Got my twin girls, and my wife is way smarter than I will ever be."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:17 pm
"Yep. Alderaan. It's been getting worse though. Did you know a few years back they made sanctioned murder illegal? The nerve."
Omandri sat up a little and said in a raised voice to carry over the space "You're welcome!"

Description|Theme
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:17 pm

He shakes his head in disapproval. "Got my twin girls, and my wife is way smarter than I will ever be."
"What? Illegal? So how do they get rid of the corrupt politicians and nobles?" Jo'ren shook his head. The Alderaanians were a truly strange people with odd customs.
Omandri Rist wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:20 pm
Omandri sat up a little and said in a raised voice to carry over the space "You're welcome!"
There was a confused look from the big Sith, but he gave the man a wave. "One of your friends from Alderaan huh?" He called over, "I'm Jo'ren Rath. Any friend of Zeno's..." Well, yeah. It meant something anyway.

"I guess you know what you're doing Zeno, but man." He smirked. "Twins you say? Hands full then. My girls are with Shaisha, although by now the eldest probably got shipped off to my family. She takes after her mother..."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Friend might be strong but Omandri sent a wave back to the large Sith "Omandri Rist." He said before settling back down, he had no intention of further interrupting their conversation.

Description|Theme