OOC Chat and other things.
Aphr Ahaya

Re: GM Questions

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

There was a bit of discussion on strain/morality for dark side users as there was a house rule on a previous game (Korriban) where it was flipped for dark side users. Just to check/clarify, for dark side users, do they get conflict for using light side pips? At the end of the session when rolling for morality, is it the same as light side (if you roll above conflict you gain light side if you roll below you get dark) or is it reversed (rolling above conflict gives dark side rolling below gives light)?
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 pm
There was a bit of discussion on strain/morality for dark side users as there was a house rule on a previous game (Korriban) where it was flipped for dark side users. Just to check/clarify, for dark side users, do they get conflict for using light side pips? At the end of the session when rolling for morality, is it the same as light side (if you roll above conflict you gain light side if you roll below you get dark) or is it reversed (rolling above conflict gives dark side rolling below gives light)?
It is reversed and yes to light side for dark side users. Same table but reversed.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Do spaceworthy craft need to be Hoth-proofed as well?

More the snow and ice than the cold?
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:45 pm
Do spaceworthy craft need to be Hoth-proofed as well?

More the snow and ice than the cold?
If they want to travel around Hoth without having to de-ice then yes.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Do we have a Republic military member of rank on base?

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:16 pm
Sure, why?
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:24 pm
Garth Thul wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:16 pm
Sure, why?
Report in? Make plans?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Okay, are you angling for a thread is my question or just want to report something? The high up person is the Senator or Thy really.

But if you want a military person I can probably put something together.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Successful patrol here with a Triumph: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=402
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Can we study the sludge?
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sure.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Can it be done safely without risk of stinking things up all around?
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Out of curiosity.

i see them mentioned but how does one come by taun-tauns? Are they something you buy, or is it more of a capture and try to domesticate endeavor?

Or is it to be revealed later?
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

If Daz isn't talking, and neither is Layne, is the incident with the two of them and Baras best considered 'known only to those involved' for now?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 am
If Daz isn't talking, and neither is Layne, is the incident with the two of them and Baras best considered 'known only to those involved' for now?
Ahhh, well I can edit my post if it is. Logically speaking though it would be obvious that his missing hand has a lightsaber burn. So if he is tight lipped about it all that's gonna do is raise the tension level exponentially.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:35 pm
Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 pm
It is reversed and yes to light side for dark side users. Same table but reversed.
So as I started light then when dark should I flip my morality? Or do I stay as I am?
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

https://hoth.fallenash.com/viewtopic.php?p=4852#p4852 I think we made the decision on the use of triumphs.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

May have been missed earlier, but I'm assuming Layne finds an empty cockpit here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=431&p=5278#p5278

Are there any clues left behind to discover as to what happened to the crew? Where they went, etc?
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:19 am
May have been missed earlier, but I'm assuming Layne finds an empty cockpit here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=431&p=5278#p5278

Are there any clues left behind to discover as to what happened to the crew? Where they went, etc?
They left note:

Going to the beacon and save Master Layne.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 am
So as I started light then when dark should I flip my morality? Or do I stay as I am?
You use dark pips now, if there is any confusion.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:10 pm
Can it be done safely without risk of stinking things up all around?
I have no idea, I guess.
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 am
People will know he was hurt for sure so yes tensions will rise.
Soren Haicen wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:07 am
Out of curiosity.

i see them mentioned but how does one come by taun-tauns? Are they something you buy, or is it more of a capture and try to domesticate endeavor?

Or is it to be revealed later?
Wait and see.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:41 am
Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 am
You use dark pips now, if there is any confusion.
Posted in my pf so as to not spam public gm questions and get a clarification on my side
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »