Zeno Thul

A Monster's Love [Epilogue]

Post by Zeno Thul »

9 years after the war with Zakuul...

Zeno looked his mother in the eye. He had tears in his eyes as he leaned in, kissed her on the cheek and pulled her into a hug. She was just breaking into her 80s now, and this... it was hard for her. Even his sister's sadness and disappointment could be seen, and she always disliked him when they were children. But when he had made his way to them and helped protect the station during the war she had given up that chip on her shoulder. No words need be said between Deathwrights on the day of fate. He separated from his mother, gave his sister a hug, then moved to the next person observing.

Ziandra whispered something quietly in his ear that was only for him. She was unhappy with this decision and it showed, but that can't undo 20 years of love and care he had given her and their daughters. He would take those words with him into oblivion. He whispered back, smiled, kissed her then moved on to the center of the room to address the others. "I'm sorry to have invited you all to see this. I cannot promise it won't be scarring or triggering. But it is important to me that you all understand that this is the choice I am making. You all will need to live with that choice, even if you don't like it."

He looks to Zash, who stood to the side, simply observing. She received a nod of appreciation for her assistance, and even a small smirk. Then stepped into position among the symbols on the floor. A complement of Blackguards formed a defensive ring around the area before Lady Massacre led the twins in.

Now adults, they wore ritualized robes and it was obvious that they were having seriously mixed emotions. Opila's eyes were bloodshot from crying all night, while Kasha had a slight tremor in her balled fists as she kept as stoic an expression she could. Stepping into their appointed locations, they each took one hand from their father, then each other.

"I'll soon be with..." He pauses as a difficult breath is swallowed, as tears flow in opposition to the forced smile.

In that gap, Opila jumps at him with a hug. "Don't." It was whispered, but the room was quiet as a tomb.

He returns the hug and pulls Kasha in as well. Taking a few breaths, he finally finds the words again. "I'll soon be with you both forever, my beautiful, sweet, amazing baby girls. I love you more than you will ever know."

Zeno guides them back to their spots and smiles, as he turns them and places a hand on each of their backs. He takes a few breaths and that were filled with the terror of iminent oblivion, but also an unquestioning determination to see this through.

And then his eyes closed for the last time. He concentrated and focused the force through his hands to connect to their spirits. And while his eyes remained closed theirs opened, revealing a crimson glow. His fingers separated from them and left a crimson chain leading from his hands to their backs as his feet lifted several inches off the ground. Then there were a series of shockwaves emanating from all three that shook the footing of all observers slightly, followed by a soul shattering roar of pain from Zeno. His body contorted and twisted, pulling into itself into what must be one of the most painful ways to die most of those present must have ever witnessed...

With the sickening sound of a mutilated corpse falling to the floor, the small shockwaves, the crimson chains, and the shout that had echoed through the force instantly stopped. The body slowly dissolved into an crimson shadow substance that absorbed into the twins rather than forming into a wound or vergence. Most people present likely didn't want to admit it, but what fell was the silence of oblivion. The man known as Duke-consort Zeno Dinami Deathwright Thul ceased to exist.

Kasha turned slowly to Opila before collapsing at her feet and holding tight to her legs, sobbing. "I can't hear him anymore. He was... he's..." She screamed with a pain that any present who had known Zeno to do the same would instantly recognize.

Opila slowly knelt down with her sister. "But we can feel him," she replied, crying and holding on tightly.

There were no condolences, congratulations, or comments that could do anything to stop the pain. Time might not even be enough. Even when trying to give of himself to others he seemed to have a knack for making it suck.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery