Cynella Alde

The Purpose of Nobility (Cynella and Dayana Q&A)

Post by Cynella Alde »

Dayana, if it's not clear from the fiction, will live through the war as a defector to Zakuul. They're the right type of fascism for her! Didn't work out so well... She has a fear for red now.

Meanwhile, House Alde will have their fate soon. I, for one, pray that Cynella and Aurilie have their happy ending. That or the kids are going to have a reason to be woobies!

I suppose I'll also include my NPCs. Vera Ordo feels like a progenitor to Varina... Though the latter is much more of a dirtbag. I went in without much expectations for Eralynn Varad and came out loving the antagonist force she represented. I love others too but those two hold a special spot for me.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Jan Melmoar

Re: The Purpose of Nobility (Cynella and Dayana Q&A)

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Cynella Alde wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:15 pm
Dayana, if it's not clear from the fiction, will live through the war as a defector to Zakuul. They're the right type of fascism for her! Didn't work out so well... She has a fear for red now.

Meanwhile, House Alde will have their fate soon. I, for one, pray that Cynella and Aurilie have their happy ending. That or the kids are going to have a reason to be woobies!

I suppose I'll also include my NPCs. Vera Ordo feels like a progenitor to Varina... Though the latter is much more of a dirtbag. I went in without much expectations for Eralynn Varad and came out loving the antagonist force she represented. I love others too but those two hold a special spot for me.
Fingers crossed for House Cynella, we can't lose another power couple!

Cynella was a pleasure to interact with and I really enjoyed seeing her evolve from Alderaan and through Hoth.

How does she see the coming role, and what part does she play?
How do the kids turnout? (Jan will be sending hers over on supervised playdates)
Did she turnout as you imagined when you created her? What was the biggest surprise?
Did you draw on any real life influences when you were coming up with the character concept?
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Loved your NPCs, even when that <expletive deleted> took Rav's arm off :shock:

Thanks for the cameo in Dayana's story. Hopefully she'll be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her days...metaphorically at least.

Cynella was great and I wish I'd had more interaction with her at Alderaan with Kelken. Glad we got to have an event together here :) Sorry your Bizi Wiz backpack failed but thanks for assisting him on the mission ;)

Fingers crossed for Cynella and Aurilie!

Having played a whole bunch of Star Wars characters through PCs and NPCs, what's next on your list of concepts that you would like to play?
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Dayana joined the other side?!?!?!

Alister would potentially be disappointed.

Also thanks for the attention that Z got in the earlier dapperverse games. I had a lot of fun with them.
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:20 pm
Fingers crossed for House Cynella, we can't lose another power couple!

Cynella was a pleasure to interact with and I really enjoyed seeing her evolve from Alderaan and through Hoth.

How does she see the coming role, and what part does she play?
How do the kids turnout? (Jan will be sending hers over on supervised playdates)
Did she turnout as you imagined when you created her? What was the biggest surprise?
Did you draw on any real life influences when you were coming up with the character concept?
Cynella's primary struggle for this game was the struggle of motherhood versus her hero complex. The kids really added into it because the last one, well, she was basically a sheltered girl trying to find her place. So for her role, I ultimately chose Support so she could continue to help people while also not putting herself at risk.

The kids will depend on the survival results and conferring with Boogie!

Hmm... I think I conceptualized her as someone who would become a heroine after some growing up, the classic protagonist journey. Instead, she's leaned heavily into being a mom. But the biggest surprise is how much her values align with mine. It isn't perfect but I had never intended even a sliver.

Real life influences... I'm not sure. I know compared to myself, I had to make sure to strip away any lack of confidence. I'm the type who says "I suppose" a lot while she says things without that hesitation.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:07 pm
Loved your NPCs, even when that <expletive deleted> took Rav's arm off :shock:

Thanks for the cameo in Dayana's story. Hopefully she'll be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her days...metaphorically at least.

Cynella was great and I wish I'd had more interaction with her at Alderaan with Kelken. Glad we got to have an event together here :) Sorry your Bizi Wiz backpack failed but thanks for assisting him on the mission ;)

Fingers crossed for Cynella and Aurilie!

Having played a whole bunch of Star Wars characters through PCs and NPCs, what's next on your list of concepts that you would like to play?
Poor Rav! To quote one wide man: "She's crazy and she needs to go down."

I had a lot of fun with the Jo'ren cameo! I actually have this amusing concept that someone trained by Jo'ren will finish the job.

I forget why we didn't have more threads! I'm usually not too pushy about them. While I do love the Alde Couple, I did have Cynella/Kellen as a potential. Basically ANY Alderaanian person was. Would be interesting to see that play out.

Cynella and Jo'ren was hard for me to want outside of dire circumstances. She's staunchly against the Empire, which incidentally made her difficult to thread with.

Next concept... Two come to mind. Part of me wants a bloodthirsty Sith, more like a rabid beast. The other is the complete opposite end of the spectrum: a professional. More reserved, by the book, etc.

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Soren Haicen wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:51 pm
Dayana joined the other side?!?!?!

Alister would potentially be disappointed.

Also thanks for the attention that Z got in the earlier dapperverse games. I had a lot of fun with them.
Dayana misjudged and wanted to join the winning side. I imagine many of her former allies want her to pay... Jo'ren included!

I admit that Zanebry aligned with one of my favorite archetypes. Who would have guessed that he'd start an orphanage?

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Awwww :( Dear Woife. The future is so cruel to us! Even if this was our last chance to play them either way, it does sadden me to know their potential fate. I do like playing the Alde couple and would have wanted a happy future for them, even in this turbulent galaxy of war.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:44 am
Awwww :( Dear Woife. The future is so cruel to us! Even if this was our last chance to play them either way, it does sadden me to know their potential fate. I do like playing the Alde couple and would have wanted a happy future for them, even in this turbulent galaxy of war.
As much as I love woobies, I for once sought a happy ending for Cynella. Dayana, as the fiction demonstrated, could have died and it wouldn't have shifted me. Fate does like to play with my heart when I actually care.

It's going to be bittersweet playing out the rest of their time together.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Just wanted to note, if it wasn't obvious, that I very much enjoyed playing their scenes together. Me, not being well-versed in Star Wars, wasn't really expecting the war and the entire impact on the galaxy. That was admittedly a bit of a downer in many ways but I suppose there were good moments we were able to play out.

A question for you, were there things that you envisioned if things went differently? I suppose Cynella potentially wouldn't have found herself on Hoth either?
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:51 am
Just wanted to note, if it wasn't obvious, that I very much enjoyed playing their scenes together. Me, not being well-versed in Star Wars, wasn't really expecting the war and the entire impact on the galaxy. That was admittedly a bit of a downer in many ways but I suppose there were good moments we were able to play out.

A question for you, were there things that you envisioned if things went differently? I suppose Cynella potentially wouldn't have found herself on Hoth either?
Hm I may have not reprised Cynella, though I liked the opportunity of being a mother after her prior arc had been about maturation. If she had been married to the Royal Prince, then she probably wouldn't have come. The other suitors I toyed with? Eh, who's to say?

The tragedy is that Cynella would have lightened up with the kids. She had recognized that she'd been smothering them over the course of Hoth. Now, well, Carlotta in particular has a lot of angst. Poor girl probably misses being lectured.

There must always be a woobie... Thank you for often reminding me, though, that Cynella is not one! She is the sun, and while she may not rise, her legacy goes on.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Cynella Alde wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:51 am
Poor girl probably misses being lectured.
Ooof, that's definitely worth a lot of woobies to be cashed. :(

And no problem. Had a lot of fun playing in scenes with you!