Breela Po

Mother Tiger, Hidden... Jedi? (Breela)

Post by Breela Po »

Against all the odds Breela survived. She'll trade alcohol addiction for survivors guilt I guess :D

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them. She does standard involvement since she's not really a front lines kinda person. Nor is she smart enough to aid in logistics.

End game goals are:
- Take Zan'ja back to Alderaan with her to live out the rest of their days in peace.
- Take as long as needed to show her son there's a better way. Convert him back to the light.
- Spend the rest of her life teaching people Martial Arts. Laying the foundation for Alderaanian Martial Arts.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Jan Melmoar

Re: Mother Tiger, Hidden... Jedi? (Breela)

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Statistically, some of us had to survive! It's great that not only will Breela, but the art of Alder-Fu.

Did Breela's arc on Hoth go as you were expecting? What surprised you (if anything)?
What was the basis behind making Breela?/What were the character inspirations?
How did you find playing a Jedi who doesn't use a lightsaber?
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I didn't know about Breela's alcohol addiction. Was that a backstory thing?

So is that martial art like Anything Goes School of Martial Arts?

I'm guessing that ghost was her husband? Force ghost or just a hallucination?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:09 am
~sic~
Alder-fu ha! That is now canon.

Q: Did Breela's arc on Hoth go as you were expecting? What surprised you (if anything)?
A: The fact that she lived surprised me hahaha, and it looks like she got a happy ending to boot. I was honestly expecting/hoping for a heroic death - either saving her kids or saving players.

Q: What was the basis behind making Breela?/What were the character inspirations?
A: She was always supposed to be a one-off character. She was a Teras Kasi build, and I made her because I didn't like the martial artist career build I've used in the past. Other than that I started with gender-bent Gintoki Sakata, gave her white fur and kids, then threw her on Alderaan. From there she came into her own. :lol:

Q: How did you find playing a Jedi who doesn't use a lightsaber?
A: It was different, but not not unreasonable. Also the character was surprisingly well rounded. Plenty of proficiencies throughout the skill tree, plenty of versatility, and the damage values could theoretically get up there. We've seen how useless a Jedi can become when they lose their lightsaber, so the largest benefit is that a brawler can make anything their weapon. She could have easily picked up a big stick at any time and wielded it with damage 12 plus successes and 2 pierce.
Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:10 am
~sic~
Q: I didn't know about Breela's alcohol addiction. Was that a backstory thing?
A: Yeah it ties back into her backstory. I briefly outlined it on her bio - something, something, horrors of war, something, something, dread masters. The truth is I was lazy picking obligation so I made her value 20: addiction to alcohol :D

Q: So is that martial art like Anything Goes School of Martial Arts?
A: It's Teras Kasi, but since I know several martial arts irl I kinda made it a mix in my head canon. Ironically I think Teras Kasi is based on Chinese martial arts, of which I only know some Wing Chun. I suppose if you close one eye and stand on your head you can add Karate to the list. Since its foundations come from China.

Q: I'm guessing that ghost was her husband? Force ghost or just a hallucination?
A: Force ghost, hallucination, coping mechanism? Who knows :P. I will say the idea came from watching the Haunting of Hill House and its sequel Bly Manor. (Khaji being based on Owen from the latter)
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:53 am
~sic~
Hmmm, I'll try to answer these. But you better answer them yourself once you get done revealing stuff!

Q: The moment of the biggest satisfaction?
A: That's the thing. I'd say there were a few moments that were pleasant surprises. But I honestly can't think of one that was satisfying. No matter how dark Breela goes she'll always be annoyingly altruistic. The one part of her that is intrinsically Jedi. Hahaha, I can't even list my zingers as satisfying because I'd inevitably feel bad about them immediately after using them thanks to her. That includes in our little scene :P

Q: The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?
A: Not getting to test out my character in combat. Aside from that meh... she did everything she wanted to do.

Q: The most unnerving unfinished business?
A: Re ^

I can condense the last two questions

Q1: The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?
Q2: The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?

A1: I had a few gaffs, but I've not been sleeping much lately. The biggest was definitely me being too tired OOC to understand what Tyrus/Omandri was looking for in our one scene. :lol:

A2: Again in reference to that scene ^, I thought about walking it back but holy hell if Breela wasn't legit triggered. It was kinda humiliating. Stupid, syrupy, disney-level melodrama!