Zeno Thul

The Antivillain (Zeno)

Post by Zeno Thul »

Anti heroes are lame. Anti-villains are where it's at. I think most is probably known about him already, but since there won't be a return for him, ask anything. :D
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Jo'ren Rath

Re: The Antivillain (Zeno)

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Can't remember if I ever asked you about the Deathwrights? Did you make them up or are they a part of Star Wars somewhere? Either way I thought it was a cool background.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

So, which girl is going Jedi again? :D
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Neither. Zeno was open to Opila doing so, but I storywise assumed Ziandra would have convinced her to stay among the Paladins so she can inherit the house. She'd be working with Kasha to kill their grandfather and allow Kasha to take Deathwright.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Much love for the Korriban class of whenever we graduated.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the change over time in Zeno. I remember him getting so mad at Jun-tsu’s choice back in the day. Now he keeps the anger more caged, but always burning.

Zeno also was one of very few Alderaanian folks who liked Delmi. Was grateful for your presence in every game you were in.
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Does Zeno survive the war? :o
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Hey, thanks for the threads. It was great to see Zeno again. He's always good fun and it's been cool to see how he's changed over time.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Zeno is my mentor and it has been fun to have him help Nudie navigate the battlefield of love for the past two games.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

It was pretty coo to see Zeno again and changed a lot from before. I must have missed out on a lot of stuff that happened to Zeno on Alderaan.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:47 pm
Does Zeno survive the war? :o
He does. But he doesn't survive too much longer after. Being on the front lines has mathematically/mechanically become less effective for him than just hanging out with command staff. He may have only personally gotten 3 successes in the mass battle event, but he boosted contributions of others by more than 30, and only half he available BM targets were actually used. And he gets to do that at planetary scale range.

But then after the war, and when his girls are ready to take on their grandfather, he's going to do the ritual Zash did on Korriban but in reverse, imparting his strength to them at the cost of his own existence. Won't even be an echo of him left in the force. Though in that time he'll probably make a Holocron just so his family can still talk to him if they want a reminder.
Luth Khalan wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:59 pm
Hey, thanks for the threads. It was great to see Zeno again. He's always good fun and it's been cool to see how he's changed over time.
I wish I could have gotten more in, particularly on the last days, but RL is a giant weight on my shoulders right now. He still does love her, but it's not the same anymore, just another thing that changed.
Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:02 pm
Zeno is my mentor and it has been fun to have him help Nudie navigate the battlefield of love for the past two games.
Did you get the XP breaks on force powers for him being your mentor? Been great getting to know Nudi. He'll keep referring to your full name and it'll keep getting better. He's turned Cheunh into a hobby.
Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:22 am
It was pretty coo to see Zeno again and changed a lot from before. I must have missed out on a lot of stuff that happened to Zeno on Alderaan.
Zeno's biggest shift was his daughters being born while living in a peaceful world. His goal shifted from aggressive, desire to win everything to a jealous and agressive desire to see his daughters become whatever they want and loving them in the deepest way he can. The only part of the Sith code that still resonates is "Peace is a lie, there is only passion." If Remmington had been an NPC though, he likely would have tried to kill him and left the body on Jun-Tsu's doorstep. But as a player, that would have been lame to do to him and would have hurt the story.

----

Another thing to mention: while it may seem weird for the light side granddaughter to kill grandpa, this is a Sith Lord that commanded and succeeded at planetary genocide and erased all trace of his rival faction's existence. They're doing the galaxy a favor.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

These are mostly two different answers between me and Zeno. So I'll answer for me first and Zeno second. For the entire career of Zeno.
Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:07 am
1) The moment of the biggest satisfaction?
2) The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?
3) The most unnerving unfinished business?
4) The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?
5) The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Me:
1) Coming out of Korriban as a lord. Didn't expect to do so well there honestly. Had a lot of help, but that was exciting.
2) Same as every game. I tend to avoid interaction with GM IC because I don't want to burden them. I was significantly less involved in most plotlines because of that.
3) Took too long to try to take on Zash, but by the time I could everyone had changed so much IC that it would be silly to pursue it.
4) Every big fight, because everytime I basically got steamrolled or had to flee because I still don't have the mindset for this rules system.
5) Having not thought about it before, Riss apparently considering Zeno to be a"better" person than Syl. Makes sense given the relationships and ger being unfamiliar with him, but I was surprised. Especially since it is so far from the truth of Zeno and Syl. Simultaneously WTF and LOL.

Zeno:
1) The birth of his daughters. He has not and will never be as happy as he was that day.
2) No Regerts tattoo. Zeno doesn't regret. He might feel it in the moment or for a day or two after, but he lets regrets go relatively quickly.
3) That he didn't just kill Jun-Tsu. He believes the empire is being ruled by the void engine and that is a pretty big part of why he doesn't go back. He suspects it'll be a repeat of Vitiate eventually.
4) Rushing in to Death's Shadow solo the first time.
5) Ulgo trying to murder his family. He still wants to have that man in a cell on Thul estates, to keep him as a pet so that he can torture him constantly.