Jo'ren Rath

Big Damn Hero, Good Boy, and the Professor (Jo'ren, Rav, and Kellen Q&A)

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

It's been a blast RPing with all of you these past six games. There were highs and lows but some great stories came out of it. I haven't been able to post as much over the last three games due to my job and having two wee kids, but I guess the fact I stuck around says how much I've enjoyed Dapper Wars :)

If there are any questions, fire away!
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Cynella Alde

Re: Big Damn Hero, Good Boy, and the Professor (Jo'ren, Rav, and Kellen Q&A)

Post by Cynella Alde »

The best boi! I'm sorry for threatening to take his teeth. Evilynn has been working on the whole "not being a jerk" thing in prison, don't worry.

But like I asked Faily... Who was actually the best boi?
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Was his arm not enough for you? :P

They were all fun in their own way. I was surprised by how much I liked playing Rav; inventing Jenkins snd having Garth roll with it was a high point. Kellen had a bit of me in him ;) Jo'ren was the favourite though, and thanks to all for suffering the endless flexing jokes and muscle emotes :D
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Gosh, I will miss Rav and Kellen, especially how we ran with the rivalry of Lyseil and Kellen, and them being exes as well. :lol:

And I'll miss reading about Jo'ren's adventures. He was great, in more ways than one!

Is he and Thy gonna try out the partnership in the future now?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:30 pm
Is he and Thy gonna try out the partnership in the future now?
Jo'ren will be fighting on the front lines first and I expect he'll be avenging Shaisha by killing as many Zakuul as he can for a time.

But yeah, I'd like that. Once he's tied up any remaining loose ends I see him setting off into the unknown with Thy (and the kids?) for more adventures. <insert muscle emote>

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I really enjoyed hanging out with Big Red. We got into all kinds of crazy adventures together. I imagine a lot more during the 3-5 years of the Zakuul War arc.

Looks like I missed out on lightsabering this game... somehow.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:20 am
I really enjoyed hanging out with Big Red. We got into all kinds of crazy adventures together. I imagine a lot more during the 3-5 years of the Zakuul War arc.

Looks like I missed out on lightsabering this game... somehow.
Our Huttball antics at Nar Shaddaa were really fun. Plus the bar fight, monolith battle, and the Emperor fight at Ziost were all great.

Looks like you're coming on the "suicide mission" into Zakuul space with me, so maybe you'll get to lightsaber something there ;)

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Yeah, the Nar Shadaa Huttball games were both a highlight [with the rise to success] and low point [after getting screwed over by the Hutts] for me. Still very fun either way.

Not the first time we went on a suicide mission. Just more of the party that we just always seem to get into.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?
- The whole of the Emperor fight. I salute everyone who took part in that despite the high likelihood of death, plus we all actually survived it 8-)

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?
- Being too busy IRL to go for a council seat in Ziost. But the story worked out just fine anyway.

The most unnerving unfinished business?
- Can't think of anything, they all did plenty in their respective games.

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?
- If there was anything it has been lost with time.

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
- There were a few and they all came from reading other PCs :lol:

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren's war and End Game, as approved by the Dapperest Dog 8-)

Zakull war (On the Front Lines): The character leads or fights from the front, they are the first in and expose themselves to high chances of death and heroism.

Jo'ren survives! He leads the "quick" "suicide mission" into Zakuul space with the General, Senya, Luth, Remmington, Valen and a crack team of the Empire's finest. In the end he is gone for two years but the Team has many adventures as described in the timeline. Close bonds are formed so it is quite the burden when only Jo'ren, Senya, Ashley Hin, and a comatose Luth return with the heavily damaged Gravestone. Arriving in a friendly system he gives Senya the Gravestone's shuttle and asks her to take Luth to get medical attention. Then he leaves, using the last of the ship's hyperdrive fuel to jump to the Star Forge which he uses to repair and enhance the vessel.

The mission returned from Zakuul space too late for Jo'ren to save Shaisha, but he learns that their girls are being held by Zakuul forces and sympathizers. As the Star Forge builds up a small fleet of warships and transports for his loyal Massassi warriors, Joren seeks out the previous Wrath, Shaisha's father. Initially they fight, but after proving his strength and heart Jo'ren persuades Lord Scourge to join him in a daring rescue mission. The two Sith lead Jo'ren's forces in a massive attack into traitor-held space. Holding nothing back they cripple the planet's defenses and kill scores of defenders before they finally rescue the two children and leave ruins behind them.

For the rest of the war Jo'ren moves his base of operations to Yavin, showing up on the front lines where he is most needed, even turning up to help the Republic and getting a reputation with the Zakuul forces as being some sort of unkillable monster

End of story: After the war results in something approaching a galaxy-wide stalemate Jo'ren pulls his forces back to defend what he refers to as "Rath space", a mostly unexplored expanse of systems away from the major hyperspace routes. He takes the Gravestone and meets up with Thy Yulani to finally go and visit Nilu as they had promised years ago on Hoth. They pick up a few old friends including Senya, who has visited all of her children and feels the call for a new beginning, Lord Scourge who has been training Jo'ren and Shaisha's daughters, and Bizi Wiz, who has finally tired of his wife's cooking and wants to see the stars. With his family and friends together they head off into Rath space to investigate the mysteries of the force, have many adventures, and try to find a way to break the seemingly endless cycle that has trapped the Jedi and Sith for millenia.

Ashley Hin also survives the war and settles down to start a family. She calls her son Gerald after her beloved brother.