Jan Melmoar

Honour & Greed - Keyhote and Jan Q&A

Post by Jan Melmoar »

As so we come to the end of this series of campaigns. Thank you as always to Dapper for making it happen, and to all the players who contributed quality throughout the year and years it went on. In particular, to Lucinia Malveaux's player for being an excellent partner in sometimes quite literal crime!

I very much enjoyed the two characters I ran, Ser Keyhote the Noble Knight and Jan Melmoar who was mostly just in it for the money. Two every different people, but that was part of the fun.

Keyhote dies in the Zakuul War, heroically fighting on the front lines to defend an orphanage as part of his knightly quest. While he is slain (presumably after the entire Zakuul force piles onto him after a week of fighting) the children are saved and have an opportunity to build new lives for themselves in The Republic. But Keyhote's legend - whether for insanity or nobility- lives on.

Jan takes more of a support role to the war with her risks finely calculated. Utterly shameless war profiteering takes places and with the investments she'd made in shipbuilding and infrastructure the war is nothing but a boon for her financially. Melmoar Industries, a galactic conglomerate is born.
The war does take the life of one of the very few people she cares about though with the effects being twofold. The first is an understandable burning fury at the invaders which sees Melmoar Industries take industrial sabotage to a whole new level. The second is that Jan ends up doting on her adopted child, simply seeing too much of Luci in her to do anything less than love her completely. It's still a weird upbringing though.

A short epilogue from Jan's perspective is up here: viewtopic.php?p=17499#p17499 if anyone is interested.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: Honour & Greed - Keyhote and Jan Q&A

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Thanks for all the fun! Luci and Jan were the highlight of not one, but TWO games for me.

We'll always have the beaches...
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

I will read your fiction soon, don't worry. For now, I loved the juxtaposition between Cynella and Jan! While Lucinia offered an evil nobility Foil, Jan challenged the capitalistic beliefs Cynella has.

At least Cynella can be glad that the child is in a loving home.

As for Keyhote... No more visits for the Alde children! His inclusion definitely brought out Cynella's more derpy side. My goodness, is she my Sokka equivalent? No boomerang, though...
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

So sad that Keyhote died, and your fiction for Jan was super-sad. :(

What kind of mother will Jan be for the adopted daughter?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Okay that just broke my heart. Poor Keyhote :cry:
Definitely a quirky but memorable character.

And Jan was a highly amusing boss lady. I'll read the fiction in a bit but I'm just making my rounds atm. Thanks for the RP!
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:14 pm
Thanks for all the fun! Luci and Jan were the highlight of not one, but TWO games for me.

We'll always have the beaches...
Life's a beach, and if not, it should be!
Cynella Alde wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:16 pm
I will read your fiction soon, don't worry. For now, I loved the juxtaposition between Cynella and Jan! While Lucinia offered an evil nobility Foil, Jan challenged the capitalistic beliefs Cynella has.

At least Cynella can be glad that the child is in a loving home.

As for Keyhote... No more visits for the Alde children! His inclusion definitely brought out Cynella's more derpy side. My goodness, is she my Sokka equivalent? No boomerang, though...
Cynella - Social Capitalism. Jan - Late Stage Capitalism.
Thank you for the fun scenes on Hoth :D I definitely enjoyed the interaction between the two, and Cynella might be partially responsible for the next generation getting raised like human beings instead of CEO in little suits.
The loss of Keyhote does hurt, but I couldn't justify him anywhere than on the frontlines, a noble knight would do no less. He had lots of great interactions with Cynella and her new family.
Fields of Love Page 587 - The Knight's Last Stand wrote: And so Keyhote stood alone on the field and his opponents numbered 5 and 20 Knights of the Zakuul. And the greatest of them, Bereloth strode forward, and his axe was dark as midnight and death followed with it.
"Stand aside Hutt, the children there belong to the empire. Each of them will enjoy the privilege of our great culture and our people. You are outnumbered, and I see no-one who stands at your side."
Keyhote nodded gravely but made no move, his huge form sitting squarely between the knights and their prize.
"You are mistaken, FIEND! Although you bring an army you stand alone, although you come a a company I shall slay you one by one. You fight not for one another, not for love, but for your own glories! I am surrounded by the love of my friends and family and although you fail to see it, it is as though there are a hundred of me." The Hutt drew his great sword and pointed at the invaders. "I shall not fall until those behind me have the chance to experience true love!"

The hutt's squire did tug at his sleeve and in a quiet voice he said "My lord, there are two many, and each of them is trained as if they were a sith! You cannot hope to prevail." And Keyhote turned his gaze to Sando. "Sando, my squire, my friend. A knight fights not for victory, but for those they protect. We fight not for glory, but for peace. If I fall today, I fall fighting for love and all that is pure in our world, I shall have no regrets. As I fight these villains you shall gather the children and lead them to safety. Do not rest until each and every one of them has found safety."
And the two embraced as tears were shed before the squire bid his lord a sombre farewell. As he hurried back up the hill to the orphanage the battle was joined as true to Keyhote's word, the noble knight did not fall until his mission was done. And then he rested.
Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:28 pm
So sad that Keyhote died, and your fiction for Jan was super-sad. :(

What kind of mother will Jan be for the adopted daughter?
I was originally thinking that Jan was going to be the ultimate tiger mom. Lots of 'you have it easy!' energy. But I think between Cynella's words and Lucinia's passing she's going to soften some. Probably still some tough love but she's also going to spoil that kid a lot....if they can manage an A average.
Breela Po wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:35 pm
Okay that just broke my heart. Poor Keyhote :cry:
Definitely a quirky but memorable character.

And Jan was a highly amusing boss lady. I'll read the fiction in a bit but I'm just making my rounds atm. Thanks for the RP!
Only the good die young (for a hutt). Thank you for the RP as well :D It was really interesting to see Breela as a badass mom on a mission.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Cynella did try a light touch! "You don't want the kid to become maladjusted, right?" Still worried about the upbringing nonetheless.

Jan's injury really did dig into her Hero Complex! Even if Jan was weird and exploitative of the common person, Cynella still wanted to protect her.

Didn't get to use Improved Bodyguard...
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Jan seemed pretty interesting to me. How did she score herself that ship?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:36 am
Jan seemed pretty interesting to me. How did she score herself that ship?
It was a post-game goal after Ziost. I intended it to be a base of operations for Jan and her Czerka team, never expecting it would actually be used. But then Hoth had two ship combats so to my surprise it actually got to contribute!
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

That's pretty sweet
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

The Bottom Line is pretty swag.

Only one question of import here. Can Pipka come and babysit? Afterwards we can go for some target practice and talk shop.

(I may have forgotten to add getting that Verpine Shatter Rifle by any means necessary into my endgame goals)
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Pipka wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:03 am
The Bottom Line is pretty swag.

Only one question of import here. Can Pipka come and babysit? Afterwards we can go for some target practice and talk shop.

(I may have forgotten to add getting that Verpine Shatter Rifle by any means necessary into my endgame goals)
Of course! Pipka can take the next generation to the target range and teach them the importance of overwhelming firepower! If the goats can't provided a Verpine Shatter Rifle then I'm sure Melmoar Industries can work something out :D