Riss

Scumbag Smuggler Princess: A Bisaster Story

Post by Riss »

I'm not quite done yet, still have my heist going to focus my attention on. Which I've been looking forward to! My time in Dapperverse has ever been memorable, and I appreciate you all for your shared contributions in our joined stories!

I love Riss, and I'm happy to answer any and all questions you may have.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Re: Scumbag Smuggler Princess: A Bisaster Story

Post by Nudimsu »

You were the bestest BFF a Chiss could ask for.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

I'm curious about the turn around in the karaoke thread. Riss is generally hostile to anyone Imperial as far as I can tell, and their previous interactions hadn't been super friendly, but she warmed right up in the karaoke thread? I'm generally curious what's going through her head and what changes things like that for her.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Riss

Post by Riss »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:44 pm
I'm curious about the turn around in the karaoke thread. Riss is generally hostile to anyone Imperial as far as I can tell, and their previous interactions hadn't been super friendly, but she warmed right up in the karaoke thread? I'm generally curious what's going through her head and what changes things like that for her.
I believe the best way to phrase it is that Riss compartmentalizes a lot.

When it came to the Karaoke thread and Luth, if she let herself stop long enough to think about it- she doesn't like Luth, because she's a Sith and Sith enslave and murder people for fun. However, for the purposes of that moment with the Karaoke thread she'd have to think about it to make that connection and understanding.

During the party, she expects her relationship with Luth to last as long as the party does- and potentially the night after, cause she's an open to physical intimacy kinda gal. However, after that, they'd be done. She has no expectation that Luth will murder anyone at the party, so she chooses to ignore everything else she is in favor of having a good time and flirting.

It's why she can go from insulting Zhorrid to being ready and willing to follow her to a bedroom.

It's also why you may notice she generally tries to avoid saying certain things/delving into certain topics. She doesn't quite stifle her opinions, but her stance and world view doesn't have to get in the way of a good night with pretty guy and or lady.

Thank you for asking!!
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Oh Riss. Our friendly reminder to always have a good time.

Assuming she survives, what do you see in her future?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Riss

Post by Riss »

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:23 am
Oh Riss. Our friendly reminder to always have a good time.

Assuming she survives, what do you see in her future?
Good times! I'm glad she was a good reminder of that!

I foresee her simply trying her best with the position she as, but not always being particularly good at it. Returning as Countess Lanar, she would settle even further into that role. Using what authority she has there to try and make something of her family home, and to ease the lives of those she can.

Mostly, she'll likely try to simply settle down as much as she can and live a properly good life. Get married, have kids, become a boring adult with a stories and colorful past.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Does Riss survive the war? What will she be doing during the war?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss survives the war. Being most concerned with her loved ones, and those she feels most responsible for she doesn't push herself into the concerns of the war itself. Doing what she can for those around her that she might create a good life under the galaxies new circumstances.

It's not particularly heroic, but she has always been a woman who fights for those she cares for first and foremost. As she gains years that guiding light of family and love is what keeps her going most.

It hurts in it's way to have to choose her family over the Republic, or even Alderaan. To accept certain things of the coming days. However, when it is between these things and family- family and loved ones do remain first in her heart.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Thank you for our thread. Allowed Cynella to play off her core struggle for this game.

What challenges did you see for her at Hoth in comparison to her at Alderaan?
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss' main struggle surrounds the idea of her needing to decide who she wants to be. With Alderaan, she worked through a lot to finally decide she is willing to be the one to take responsibility for others as well as herself. Thus, much as some part of her taking back her family name was an endeavor fueled by her desire to have back "what was hers" but did allow her to accept the true responsibility of it and in the convening years serve well as a Countess of Alderaan.

In Hoth, she further focused on tackling who she actually was as a person. Could she really change? Could she become better, or was she still only just the worst of her offenses from back when she was truly awful. Hoth added an interesting mix to that struggle for her because as much as she was a good person she did have what she felt was selfishness at a time but an inability to risk sacrificing others. Which was something I think Aurilie and Cynella were actually the main recipients of, and to some extent Cipher-5 (Bozr Thesk) as well, in which she tried to point things out that she felt would "help them" and to an extent push her agenda on their lives.

Through conversations with all three, she decided that she couldn't very well do that. This in conjunction with a true understanding that if some of her closer friends did understand the gravity of some of her crimes, she would be made to pay for them. Which is all what eventually brought her to where she ended the game on.

Having the Eternal Empire war coming to play was unexpected from prior to the game, but did create quite the interesting wrinkle. Riss would never have felt before that she would be in a position to have to choose between the safety of her family or Alderaan, but Riss is a woman who is focused most on those closest to her and her family. Which did create a new challenge for a time but also solved the earlier one. In some essence, she did eventually figure out who she was and what she was willing to be.

This may be a little extra than the question necessarily warranted but I hope it's enjoyed cause I found myself on a roll and I think it's all pertinent enough. Admittedly, some of this does maybe come from me hoping that Riss' actions and decisions can at least be understood by you guys!

As always, though I forgot on the last couple posts, thank you for the question!
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I'm just curious if Riss' opinion of the Empire will shift after Hoth
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Riss

Post by Riss »

Nah.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Since we're past the goal line, I just want to say thank you for all the good moments with Riss in Hoth and Alderaan. I very much enjoyed the unlikely friendship/romance between the Jedi and the Smuggler. :D

Even if the characters drifted apart in the timeline, I loved all our scenes together and look forward to many more in other games. <3
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

To echo Kat a bit here I also wanted to take time to say thank you for all the moments and scenes we had. From that first little background connection in Alderaan to being one of the driving forces in Hoth.

It's been great working with you and bouncing ideas off eachother, you're always a joy to play with and I definitely look forward to more games in the future.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Hello! Just wanted to say thank you for allowing Aurilie to come along for the Riss ride (or was it the other way around in some parts?). I think also they got to play the part of anchor in different opportunities as well, which I hope will continue into their turbulent futures.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Riss

Post by Riss »

You guys are all amazing, and I love each of you ever so much. It has been my honor playing these stories with you, and I do enjoy the thought of how these characters will continue to support one another for years to come.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."