Galen Panteer

The Eternal Hunt (Galen)

Post by Galen Panteer »

You can ask about Xal, too, but he's just hiding in a laboratory somewhere until the end of time.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Katarzyna Panteer

Re: The Eternal Hunt (Galen)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Galen, you were the best of us, and were not allowed to die. :cry:

I was very happy to see Galen find his place to belong in the end, after so many years of wandering. What will the old Jedi master say about all this I wonder?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

I'm not sure what Lyshea would say.

But, Yulu...
Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 pm
"My advice is never go to Hoth, it's awful. Children, the best part is making them, the other best part is raising them. The worst part is raising them!" the holocron said with a laugh.

Yulu then said, "But seriously, visions can be good, but do not get so hung up on what could be, because that moment ain't happened yet. Live in the now, know what could be coming but live in the now. You spend too much time preparing for what could be and you're liable to make what you didn't want to happen, happen anyway."
It was good advice.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Lyshea was probably too high to care. :lol:

I'm betting Galen's progression wasn't exactly as planned. Anything you would have changed about his original conception or was his trajectory perfect?
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

For how I made him, he worked out pretty well. He was the first Star Wars character I made for this system and I had no idea what I was doing (so little has changed). He was made to be a hired gun who could fit in wherever, which worked out fairly well.

Plot wise, very little of what happened to him was expected or planned, but looking at his story overall, it worked out. He probably should have dealt with a lot more Conflict along the way, buy I like that he ended fully light side.

I do wish he'd gotten to use the lightsaber more.

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys: "Why exactly couldn't we recruit this guy, again? He's better than some of the actual Jedi..."

She only interacted with Galen much after he'd found some degree of balance in his life, admittedly. Still, she'll definitely grieve him, as she came to know him later on.

Actual question: I've wondered, watching him in this game, how much of a curve ball Alderaan threw for you with Galen. Obviously winning the princess's hand changed his material and social circumstances a lot, but did it end up changing his trajectory as a person leading up to this? Or as a Force user?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

It was definitely unexpected and altered a lot of things. I fully expected him to go back to Bankor when it was all over, continuing to be a gun for hire, who Force trained in private and who occasionally hunted.

Alderaan changed everything. He became a public figure and much of his life story was public knowledge. He had a home and a family, but he didn't really have a purpose. He was already very heavily Light Side after Bankor. Alderaan increased that. It made sense for him to at least learn from the Jedi, so he went to Tython. Then he joined the Paladins to help train others.

The one thing he didn't really embrace until Hoth, was his title. It wasn't until the pirate negotiation that he really understood what it meant to be Prince Consort.

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

I recall Lyshea wanting him to at least have some guidance but didn't want to pressure him into joining. Spiking everyone with hallucinogens is okay, though.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Yeah. Fortunately, he met Yulu's ghost during Bankor. And, turned him into a holocron for Alderaan.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Just stopping in to say thanks for the RP! Galen was a cool cat.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I didn't know Galen died.

It was nice to see him again after so long. Since I missed Alderaaan I missed a lot of story that happened.

What were your favourite moments? Any characters that Galen really liked?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:13 am
I didn't know Galen died.
It's disappointing, but I figured he was willing to face anything to keep his family safe. Whether that meant actually rescuing and defending them or fighting to ensure Alderaan's freedom, he'd be at high risk.
It was nice to see him again after so long. Since I missed Alderaaan I missed a lot of story that happened.
I enjoyed catching up with Remmington. It was fun encountering those he'd met on Nar Shadda again.
What were your favourite moments? Any characters that Galen really liked?
There's a long list for both. Being chosen by Jameela is he most notable moment overall. Buying off the pirates stand out now, as well, as I really didn't expect that to go the way it did.

Zenebry and Aphr were the family he never had, until he had one. His daughter Azaria is named after them. On Bankor, he became fast friends with Cole. His second born, Collen, is named for him. Garth, Baesal, Nudie and so many others were important to him, too.

Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:51 am
The moment of the biggest satisfaction?
In addition to the above, I'd say capturing the last kath hound peacefully on Alderaan. That was a big part of his character growth, that began with a small solo thread on Bankor, where he was just walkng through the forest and enjoying nature.
Darth Bellious wrote:
The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?
There is a part of me that will always think I shouldn't have brought Galen to Hoth and just let him have his happy ending on Alderaan. I don't really regret it, but it's something that I'll always wonder about.
Darth Bellious wrote:
The most unnerving unfinished business?
Technically, everything was settled, but I always thought the affair with the crime lord's fiancé/wife/widow/successor on Nar Shadda could come up again.
Darth Bellious wrote:
The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?
They acklay hunt during Nar Shadaa, without a doubt.
Darth Bellious wrote:
The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Probably the acklay.

But, there's always Jerri.

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Yeah, I honestly didn't think the pirate thing would go so smoothly and we'd have to fight our way through. Noice job! :lol:
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Galen, Z will certainly miss himin the years to come.

Just remember if your wife needs a shoulder to cry on...

Have her call one of her brothers.

But really, just wanted to stop in to say I had fun interacting with Galen.
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has: