Durasay Mixo

One Last Adventure... (Durasay + Tyber QnA)

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Well, I will say every story got wrapped up in a nice little bow. Ask away.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Nudimsu

Re: One Last Adventure... (Durasay + Tyber QnA)

Post by Nudimsu »

Been a honor to serve with you! *salutes*

Any passing thoughts on Nudie's development under your tutelage?
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:18 pm
Been a honor to serve with you! *salutes*

Any passing thoughts on Nudie's development under your tutelage?
Durasay is extremely happy that Nudimsu has opened himself up for romance with Lana. And that he isn't an emotionless golem, even if it's only subtle!
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

*salutes big blue*

I like to imagine at some point, Jo'ren, Kat, and Durasay made like an oath to their fellow badasses that they'd look after the other ones' family if anything happened to them. :D Loved their scene together against Vaylin.

Is there anything you wish had happened on screen that was left out for either Tyber or Durasay?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:22 pm
*salutes big blue*

I like to imagine at some point, Jo'ren, Kat, and Durasay made like an oath to their fellow badasses that they'd look after the other ones' family if anything happened to them. :D Loved their scene together against Vaylin.

Is there anything you wish had happened on screen that was left out for either Tyber or Durasay?
*salutes*

Absolutely with that Oath.

Durasay - at this time, no. Everything that was supposed to happen on screen, did. His story is done.

Tyber - was designed with just Ziost in mind. Revisiting him would have been neat, especially with the powerbase of the crew of the Chromium Viper and Task Force: INCITE
"All journeys end..."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Durasay is one of the characters it's been the most interesting to see definitely maturing from game to game. It's neat.

Can I toss you the 'tell us about his babies' softball here? :D
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:22 pm
Durasay is one of the characters it's been the most interesting to see definitely maturing from game to game. It's neat.

Can I toss you the 'tell us about his babies' softball here? :D
You absolutely can!

Durasay and Verash have a set of twins, coming up on age 5.

Lucrezia Organa-Mixo and Cesare "Chet" Organa-Mixo.

Both were born strong in the Force, and are most cherished by their doting parents. Cesare takes after his father quite a bit, showing that same pride/arrogance dynamic, and also is rather rough and tumble and very active (he recently started space tee-ball and pee-wee huttball).

Lucrezia is every bit her mother. That very royal bearing, eloquent and graceful, and a keen mind. She's one who will be very sassy to those who deserve it (a very Organa trait). She will take up the political and business savvy of both her parents, and make use of those natural talents in the Force.

I do have 0 additional XP sheets for both kids, in case something happens.

Cesare - Consular: Arbiter (Brawn 3, Willpower 4, Presence 3, 2's elsewhere)

Lucrezia - Mystic: Prophet (Intellect 3, Willpower 3, Presence 4, 2's elsewhere)

Chet will be enamored by the Paladins on Alderaan, and despite what Verash and Durasay had tried to stop early on, he will find himself in the Jedi Order. He very much is a wholesome fratboy himbo.

Lucrezia will be of the more mystical bent, seeking out esoteric knowledge, and exploring the Mysteries of Death, especially with Durasay dying during the war, and giving himself over to the Force. Lucrezia is very pastel Goth.
"All journeys end..."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

I loved reading Dursay's story over these games, it was a great arc. I'm also really glad we got to have our moment in the sun fighting side by side together in this one 8-)

What was the most unexpected development of Dur's for you over the series?
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:55 pm
I loved reading Dursay's story over these games, it was a great arc. I'm also really glad we got to have our moment in the sun fighting side by side together in this one 8-)

What was the most unexpected development of Dur's for you over the series?
Most unexpected development over the whole series? Everything with Verash. It started off as just a plot hook for the Turtle, but the turn to courting with romance in the air at Alderaan was just *perfect*.

A close second would have been on Bankor, his raw emotional response to Lelia's death. That was a major turning point in his mindset.
"All journeys end..."
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I missed a bunch of stuff about Durasay but I'm curious to know the history he had with Captain Syrian. Enough to get a 10k bounty.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:07 am
I missed a bunch of stuff about Durasay but I'm curious to know the history he had with Captain Syrian. Enough to get a 10k bounty.
It was 15 of my 20 Obligation. When I first made Durasay, he only had the obligation of High Risk which is... fine? Very generic but fine.

So coming in, reading on the White Maw, I tagged Dapper about making the change to my obligation to Old Enemy. Just to engage more with the setting.
Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 am
The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Biggest Satisfaction - Resolving all loose threads

Biggest Regret - regret is a sin. But in all seriousness, with everything said and done, I can't say I have any, with how things turned out and the story told.

Most Unnerving Unfinished Business - None. Like I've said, every bit of plot thread was resolved.

Self-inducing face palm? - none that really let curses fly. I suppose more that I spent a lot of xp into combat abilities I never got to use.

Biggest WTF/Screen spitting moment? Again, none personally. I was busy with work and life, and essentially thought of myself as a featured player more so than main character. I had some great character moments that I enjoyed, but nothing that caught me off guard.
"All journeys end..."
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay Mixo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:22 pm
Name: Durasay Mixo
Species: Pantoran
Background: Military Training (Ranged - Light chosen)
Faction: Republic
Career: Guardian
Specialization: Peacekeeper/Armorer

Duty: 20 (Loss Prevention)
Obligation: 20 (5 High Risk, 15 Old Enemies)
Morality: 73 (Only if a Force User) Light Side Paragon - After the destiny pool is determined, add one additional Light Side point to the pool
Emotional Strength:Pride
Emotional Weakness: Arrogance

Force Rating: 3

XP Total: 650 XP
XP Spent: 650 XP

Wounds: 23
Strain: 13

Ranged Defense: 2
Melee Defense: 2/3(Vibro-Sword)
Soak Value: 8 (with heavy battle armor, superior, cortosis, armor master)

Brawn: 4
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 3
Willpower: 1
Presence: 4

Skills:
Cool 1 (1eP + 3eA)
Leadership 1 (1eP + 3eA + 2eB + 2eF)
Lightsaber 2 (2eP + 2eA + 1eB)
Mechanics 1 (1eP + 1eA + 3eB)
Negotiation 1 (Pantoran racial bonus) (1eP + 3eA + 2eF)
Ranged (Light) 1 (Military Training background) (1eP + 2eA)
Discipline 2 (1eP + 1eA)
Melee 1 (1eP + 3eA)

Talents:
Command 2
Commanding Presence 1
Toughened 1
Enhanced Leader
Field Commander
Improved Field Commander
Toughened 2
Force Rating Increase
Toughened 3
Second Wind 1
Dedication 1 (Brawn)
Gearhead 1
Inventor 1
Toughened 4
Grit 1
Armor Master
Armor Master, Improved
Tinkerer (Lightsaber chosen)
Inventor 2
Confidence 1
Falling Avalanche
Armor Master, Supreme
Dedication 2 (Brawn)
Imbue Item
Force Rating Increase
Comprehend Technology
Toughened 5
Saber Throw

Force Powers:
Influence Basic Power
Range Upgrade 1
Control Upgrade (to Social Checks)
Foresee Basic Power
Control Upgrade (Initiative)
Duration Upgrade 1
Strength Upgrade 1
Duration Upgrade 2
Strength Upgrade 2

Other Abilities:
Anzuri Toxic Tattoo - +1 Wound Threshold
Cold Climate Adaptation - Pantorans remove 1 setback die to checks due to cold environmental conditions.
Pantoran skill - Pantorans begin play with 1 rank in Cool or Negotiation (Negotiation chosen)

Credits and Gear:
3664 credits + 2500 credits for returning PCs 6164 total (164 remaining if pregame spends are cool)
Weapons:
Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols (Primary – Bantha’s Eye Targeting laser, Magnetic Weapon Tether. Damage 7, Crit Rating 3. Auto-advantage on hit. Range Medium Secondary - Magnetic Weapon Tether, Damage 7, Crit Rating 3, Range Medium)

Vibrosword (Damage +2, Crit Rating 2, Defensive 1, Pierce 2, Vicious 1)

Durasay Mixo's Lightsaber - Yellow blade, with a noxious yellow vapor that seems to follow every swing
Damage 8 (base 6, +1 from Mod, +1 Superior), Crit 2, Engaged, Disorient 4, Vicious 4, Accurate 1, Sunder, Superior, HP 5/6 used (+1 HP from tinkerer)
Tainted Nightsister Crystal (reflavored from the monks on Bankor)
- +1 Damage Mod (Installed as first mod)
- +1 Disorient Mod (Installed)
Custom Grip Attachment (-1 setback from checks with this weapon, +2eS to checks for anyone else to use this weapon)
- +1 Accurate Mod (installed)
Magnetic Weapon Tether (may recover hilt as an incidental at engaged range)
- Innate Talent Quick Draw Mod (installed)
Superior Lightsaber Modification
- Grants the Superior quality to the weapon (+1 Damage, +1 Advantage to all rolls with the lightsaber)

Equipment:
Utility Belt, Backpack, Handheld Commlink, Datapad, Wilderness Survival Kit (Thermal Cloak, Multitool, Distress Beacon, Two emergency comlinks, spool of wire, ration bars, med-pac, two respirators, a water jug + filter, a glow rod, fifty meters of high-tensile micro-fiber line, ten ration packs, and a flare gun), 2x Extra Reloads, Breath Mask/Respirator, Heavy Battle Armor (Soak 3, Defense 1, HP: 0, Vacuum Sealed Attachment, Superior, Cortosis Weave, Heating System), 10x Stimpacks

BPEA-IA Cascader - while wearing the Cascader, Durasay upgrades each Charm, Deception, and Leadership check once (1800 credits)

NOBLE REGALIA
Source(s): Desperate Allies, Page 49
Although often inconvenient to wear, severely limiting to movement, and historically archaic, few things command innate respect as much as the traditional attire of a planet's nobility. Varying from culture to culture, noble regalia typically incorporates multiple layers of ornate, expensive clothing. Although a casual observer might not recognize the wearer's exact rank or title, noble regalia nonetheless conveys a degree of aristocratic importance.

Encumbrance: 1
Hard Points: 3
Rarity: 7
Price: 750
Categories: Half Body

Features:
Downgrade difficulty of social checks to interact with nobility or subordinates once.

Custom Tool Kit - 700 credits
Add 1 boost die to checks made using the kit. Add a setback to others using the kit.

Cultural Etiquette Manual (Alderaan) - 35 credits
Add 1 automatic advantage to social checks made to interact with the listed culture.

Background:
Durasay is a proud (one could easily say arrogant) man in his late forties. Coming from a long line of military members, he mustered out of the Pantoran Defense Forces about seven years ago, finding himself into the line of a gun for hire. He eventually wound up with Nudimsu and his crew. He always had a way with words, an almost preternatural talent for either turning people to his side, or knowing just how to frame his arguments to come across as the best course of action.

He's beyond charming, though it's really his ability to lead that stands out. Also with a cunning mind and quick fingers, he's easily at home in the gambling dens as he is the warroom. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a short fuse when frustrated, even with military training to hone his discipline.

Since Nar Shaddaa, Durasay returned home, running a grass roots campaign of political office that ended with him being elected Senator of Pantora. A popular voice with the Populist faction of senators, seeking to give more power to each member system and decentralize the Republic government as much as possible while still maintaining law and order. More importantly, providing for the general welfare.

It was his own sense of Duty, and a bad habit of taking risks, that Durasay immediately volunteered for the mission for Bankor, his contacts with the Pantoran Planetary Forces allowing him to commission his old armor and operate under his rank of 'Captain. He looks to help the people of Bankor, while hoping to strengthen their own Populist group.

During Bankor, Durasay was impacted by his encounters with a young force sensitive named Lelia. She was talented, impulsive. The older Senator saw something of himself in her, and through several conversations, tried to gauge her thoughts on the Force, the nature of the conflict inherent in it. His rage was stoked when she was murdered by Dynos Val, a Sith that had already negatively impacted another so close to him.

In the interim since Bankor, Durasay was elected to a second term as Senator from Pantora. It will be his final term, due to term limits from the Chairman of Pantora, and Durasay takes the responsibility seriously. He is a member of the Military Affairs Subcommittee, chosen for it thanks to his efforts in helping liberate Bankor.

While not necessarily invested in the politics of Alderaan, he is there as an observer for cultural exchange.

In the interim time period between Bankor and Alderaan, Durasay did not receive much contact with his secret Sith Lord, Moyr A'haya, also known as Lord Tenebrous. With rumors that she had killed a staunch ally, Durasay began to realize that if she could do that to an ally, what was the nature of their relationship? Without any contact, despite reaching out, he began to separate himself, realizing the need to protect himself, and perhaps those he cared about.

During the festival at Alderaan, Durasay was contacted by a noblewoman, Verash Organa, seeking to make a trade deal with Pantora. After their business was concluded, Durasay kept calling upon her. Maybe it was the atmosphere of the festival, but it blossomed to a full relationship with the consumate business woman. An intelectual equal, and the ease with which he opened up to her. It just felt right, and the pair fell in love.

Since Alderaan, Durasay and Verash have gotten married, further cementing an alliance between Alderaanian and Pantoran noble families, though that certainly is only a bonus compared to having a partner to live out the rest of his days with. They have two young children, who have shown signs of sensitivity with the Force, though Durasay shields them from the Jedi, choosing to teach them himself.

Coming to Hoth with the crew of the Turtle, the aging Durasay may be seeking one last adventure, or simply a need to determine what the nature of the Gree are, and are they a threat…

Xp Spends

Pantoran Species + 10 Obligation

Agility 3 - 30 xp
Cunning 3 - 30 xp
Presence 4 - 40 xp
Command 1 (C1, R1 Peacekeeper) - 5xp
Commanding Presence 1 (C1, R2 Peacekeeper) - 10xp
Banking 5

New Nar Shaddaa Character +65
Toughened 1 (C2, R2) - 10xp
Enhanced Leader (C2, R3) - 15xp
Command 2 (C3, R3) - 15xp
Field Commander (C4, R3) - 15xp
Influence Basic Power - 10xp
Range Upgrade 1 - 5xp

NSSession 1 - 20xp
Improved Field Commander (C4, R4) - 20xp

NSSession 2 - 20xp
Toughened 2 (C3, R4) - 20xp

NSSession 3 -25xp
Force Rating 1 (C3, R5) - 25xp

Bonus ending 15xp
Influence Skill Control - 15xp

Bankor Session 1 20xp
Toughened 3 (C1, R3) - 15xp
Foresee Basic power (mentor discount) - 5xp

Bankor Session 2 20xp
Second Wind 1 (C2, R4) - 20xp

Bankor Session 3 20 xp
Armorer Specialization - 20xp

Bankor Session 4 25 xp + 30 bonus xp
Dedication (Brawn) (C2, R5) - 25xp
Foresee Control Upgrade (Initiative) - 10xp
Mechanics 1 - 5xp
Lightsaber 1 - 5xp
Gearhead 1 (armorer, C3, R1) - 5xp
Inventor 1 (armorer, C4, R1) - 5xp

Over Ziost/Coming into Alderaan 75xp
Grit 1 (armorer, C3, R2) - 10xp
Armor Master (arm, C2, R2) - 10xp
Improved Armor Master (arm, C2, R3) - 15xp
Tinkerer 1 (Lightsaber chosen) (Arm, C2, R4) - 20xp
Toughened 4 (arm, C2, R1) - 5xp
Inventor 2 (arm, C3, R3) - 15xp

Alderaan Session 1 - 25xp
20 xp - Falling Avalanche Force Talent (Armorer, C3, R4)
5 xp - Confidence 1 (Peacekeeper, C3, R1)

Alderaan Session 2 - 25xp
20xp - Armor Master, Supreme (Armorer, C4, R4)
5xp - Foresee Strength Upgrade 1

Alderaan Session 3 - 30xp
25xp - Dedication 2 - Brawn (Arm, C4, R5)
5xp - Foresee Duration Upgrade 1

Alderaan Endgame - 20xp
10 xp - Lightsaber 2
5 xp - Foresee Strength 2
5 xp - Foreesee Duration 2

Hoth Session 1 - 30xp
25xp - Imbue Item (Arm, C2, R5)

Session 2 XP Gained: 65

In bank: 5

Spending:
25 XP - Force Rating 3 (Arm, C1, R5) Force Talent
20 XP - Comprehend Technilogy (Arm, C1, R4) Force Talent
15 XP - Toughened 5 (Arm, C1, R3)
10 XP - Saber Throw (Arm, C1, R2) Force Talent
"All journeys end..."