Luth Khalan

Birbs of a Father [Luth and Raela Q&A]

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth Khalan
To start with, I think with this ME2-style suicide mission into Zakuul space happening, I think that counts as Front Lines for her. She will lead the infiltration into Zakuul space to retrieve the items and information they need to disrupt the data signals of the Zakuul fleet. Hopefully what snippets of Zakuul she was able to retain from her brief time in the Emperor's head will help, as well as her experience with deep cover infiltration.

And if not, she'll help a lot of people. So it'll be okay. :)

If she survives the suicide mission itself, she will go on to continue her intelligence work, in deep cover if it's deemed necessary.

She will retrieve her children and Arymis and get them to the Jedi first, but then full speed ahead.

Results: Alive

Raela
Raela Ausar, meanwhile, will be in a support role as a doctor and researcher within the Empire. She will protect her immortality as much as possible within the confines of a galactic war.

Results: Alive
It's the end! Ask away. There are a few mysteries still surrounding both, and they are connected.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Birbs of a Father [Luth and Raela Q&A]

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Thanks for the fun birby.

Favorite scenes? Moments?

No love for Lt. Organa and her bug zapper?
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Sylvain Torsin wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:51 pm
Thanks for the fun birby.

Favorite scenes? Moments?

No love for Lt. Organa and her bug zapper?
Of course!

The Baras and Syl death scene was really good, omg. I loved her Jedi talks with Tethys, too, which ended up being a huge part of her arc.

Lt. Organa... I only played her for a couple of days, so I would feel weird about doing something for her? I mean, I could ask Dapper to do a roll...

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Hmm I'm always so bad at questions for these things but thank you for always being a joy to play with! I am glad Jaheem's wife made it out Ok.

So thank you for all the rp and interactions over the years it's always a bright spot when I see you're in a game. And I enjoyed the couple of scenes and budding relationship Luth and Omandri have and am glad they will both live to see that grow as well!
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

I wasn't able to interact much with Luth this game, but I very much enjoyed seeing her development as well as your enjoyment with the game. :)

Kat would welcome Luth to Alderaan at least, if there is any Alderaan left. ^^;

Thanks for the great moments in this game. <3
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Thank you for the inter-character drama in this game! :D I never quite knew what was coming next until quite near the end of game in Tethys's scenes with Luth, and I really appreciated the chance to play straight-Jedi opposite your questioning Sith, as you know.

One thing I actually have been wondering--what did Luth think would happen when she struck that deal with the Emperor, before he enacted his sudden yet inevitable betrayal? Were you-the-player thinking it would be a turning point in the way it turned out to be?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:38 pm
I wasn't able to interact much with Luth this game, but I very much enjoyed seeing her development as well as your enjoyment with the game. :)

Kat would welcome Luth to Alderaan at least, if there is any Alderaan left. ^^;

Thanks for the great moments in this game. <3
Yeah... 800+ posts and I still didn't feel like I did enough or interacted with enough people this game. @_@ I honestly would've loved to hear Kat's perspective and just hang out with her some. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed!

You're welcome, same to you.

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Great story arc and drama for Luth, it all seemed to come together with a suitably tragic ending. Sorry we didn't get much time to post together, RL jumped in the way of three separate opportunities but so it goes!
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:32 pm
Hmm I'm always so bad at questions for these things but thank you for always being a joy to play with! I am glad Jaheem's wife made it out Ok.

So thank you for all the rp and interactions over the years it's always a bright spot when I see you're in a game. And I enjoyed the couple of scenes and budding relationship Luth and Omandri have and am glad they will both live to see that grow as well!
It's all good! Yeah. Raela wouldn't feel right not being part of this, but she also wants to protect her secret immortality. She's basically going to become a private researcher and long-term history chronicler, probably, as she watches the galaxy go through changes.

Aww, of course! I'm always happy to hang out when I can. He's a good friend, it'll be fun to think about the influence that has in the years following.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:32 pm
Thank you for the inter-character drama in this game! :D I never quite knew what was coming next until quite near the end of game in Tethys's scenes with Luth, and I really appreciated the chance to play straight-Jedi opposite your questioning Sith, as you know.

One thing I actually have been wondering--what did Luth think would happen when she struck that deal with the Emperor, before he enacted his sudden yet inevitable betrayal? Were you-the-player thinking it would be a turning point in the way it turned out to be?
Tbh, same. Watching her mindset evolve with a bunch of huge things changing her perspective rapidly was a wild ride. It was neat to finally see the Jedi perspective through her eyes, and Tethys in particular. She's straight Jedi but has her own ideas, too.

I have no idea, she thought she might learn something important? I mean she did, so she wasn't wrong, but as a player, I was like, "Hmm... time to pull out Raela, there's no fucking way she's surviving this." XD I was surprised when things worked out such that she made it.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:23 pm
Great story arc and drama for Luth, it all seemed to come together with a suitably tragic ending. Sorry we didn't get much time to post together, RL jumped in the way of three separate opportunities but so it goes!
Omg, I know. Those two hanging out would have been fun this game. Dang it irl!

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

I definitely found myself quietly rooting for Luth as her story progressed. Thanks for the RP!
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Breela Po wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:04 pm
I definitely found myself quietly rooting for Luth as her story progressed. Thanks for the RP!
Aww, thank you. <3

Apropos of nothing, I actually didn't want her to take another trip through the Heel-Face Revolving Door again. XD; She was intended to be loyal! That... didn't end up working out as intended...

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:15 pm
Apropos of nothing, I actually didn't want her to take another trip through the Heel-Face Revolving Door again. XD; She was intended to be loyal! That... didn't end up working out as intended...
Well, *shrug* no plan survives the battlefield. But having joined the single jedi mother club, you're at least in good company with Thy, Breela, and we'll clump in auntie Tethys
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Breela Po wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:20 pm
Well, *shrug* no plan survives the battlefield. But having joined the single jedi mother club, you're at least in good company with Thy, Breela, and we'll clump in auntie Tethys
Yes. XD Luth is going very pacifist Jedi Consular after all this, so she'll probably help out Auntie Tethys if she's cool with it. And her experience with the Dark Side may help the kids who think their elders are too disconnected to understand what they're struggling with.

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

I missed most of Luth's story. What happened to get her to swap back and forth between sides?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:27 am
I missed most of Luth's story. What happened to get her to swap back and forth between sides?
Baras' blackmail, mostly. She was initially a deep cover operative against the Empire working for SIS in the Republic. Then she got extracted after the first attempted murder of Baras. Baras, however, tracked her down and blackmailed her using the safety of the people she cared about. She wasn't so worried for the ones in the Republic, but in the Empire... that was more of a concern. So she gave in rather than asking for help. Eventually it came to a head at Bankor when she was nearly caught, and extracted to the Empire, where she became Baras' apprentice fully... and the mother of his children a few years later. Then come Hoth, things took a turn between talking to Tethys and the whole thing with allowing the Emperor to possess her, which brought her to the light.

It was a wild ride. Some stuff I as the player could have handled better. That brings us to where we are now, though.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:54 am
The moment of the biggest satisfaction?

The biggest regret, now that everything is set and done?

The most unnerving unfinished business?

The biggest self-inflicted facepalm that made curses fly?

The biggest WTF/screen-spitting moment?
Okay, let's see.

Satisfaction: Watching the whole story come full circle with a lot of difficult internal work from her and finally finding the courage to reach out for help. In Nar Shaddaa, she ended up in the situation she was in because she was too scared to ask for help. Seeing her finally overcome that was meaningful. And while it wouldn't change her course either way, finding out that all that work meant something to an old friend is the icing on the cake.

Regret: Her background with Sith Lords before Nar Shaddaa never really got explored, and I was a little sad about that. She had a suspicion, but she never fully had it confirmed that her kids are the inheritors of more than one Sith bloodline. There's only so much time to explore every plot thread, though.

Unfinished Business: Probs that above? She also has an outstanding debt of pain with Draahg, one she's not likely to be involved in resolving, but I eventually decided that her older son will.

Self-Inflicted Facepalm: Ugh, there were so many. I was afflicted with serious COVID brain fog, and it came out in my posts. Every time she had to make a big, public point I was like, "Oh god, why did I say that..." Maybe accepting the Emperor's hand was the biggest moment of Birb being afflicted with The Dumb.

WTF moment: Honestly... I don't think there really were any and I mean that in a good way. Everything was built up and foreshadowed, and even when I was surprised, it was like, "Shit, yup. I should've seen that coming."

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

An addendum, as it came up in Breela's Epilogue:

Ended up splitting the difference. It took longer than intended, but she did end up helping with founding that colony. It's possible it'll eventually end up folded back into the Republic... but it's also entirely possible it'll end up expanding and becoming an allied region to Jo'ren's. We did go through hell together in the end, after all.