Katarzyna Panteer

The Dark Lord, The Princess, & The Paladin [Shaisha, Kat, Lyseil Q&A]

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Here we are at the end. I've had many memorable moments with you all, and with Dapper. The story of Shaisha, Lyseil, and Katarzyna have all come to their end with this game, so I have nothing to hide if there are any unanswered questions.

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:50 pm
Shaisha Vreysk aka Darth Tenebrous
Shaisha is not a frontliner, but will still fight for her home and family. The Empire and Empress can burn for all she cares, but she will fight to save her children (two daughters) and father. Her preferred tactics is guerilla tactics and sabotage.

Princess Lyseil Panteer
Lyseil had enough of fighting after Bankor, and would prefer to continue to stay out of the big events of the galaxy as she continues to excavate history along with her family (Zanebry and their children). Together they'll help out a little, running smuggling operations and intel, but staying out of the fighting and dangerous situations.

Crown Princess-consort Katarzyna Panteer
We must be the dawn. Guided by these words, Katarzyna will put herself at the head of the resistance against the Eternal Empire, being a bulwark of inspiration and leadership. She has complete faith that Gaul can lead Alderaan and the members of the Republic in the courts and meetings, while she can serve best by facing the danger personally.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Luth Khalan

Re: The Dark Lord, The Princess, & The Paladin [Shaisha, Kat, Lyseil Q&A]

Post by Luth Khalan »

did you have any favorite scenes or arcs with the three characters?

Is there anything you wanted to explore with any of the characters that you never got the chance to dig into?
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Damn, one last middle finger from Orokos. Poor Princess :cry:
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Katarzyna Panteer

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:25 pm
Damn, one last middle finger from Orokos. Poor Princess :cry:
Orokos was not kind to mine. :lol:

Luth Khalan wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:31 pm
did you have any favorite scenes or arcs with the three characters?

Is there anything you wanted to explore with any of the characters that you never got the chance to dig into?
For Shaisha, it would have to be taking part in fighting and killing the Emperor in Ziost. It felt like such a great ending to her entire arc, starting on Korriban where she learned that the Emperor was using her, and she learned the truth of Nathema, to Nar Shaddaa where she thought she could get the upper hand somehow by giving into his offer of power, and then pulling through at the last second to break free of his control on Ziost to help kill him. Also big love that she got to fight alongside her lover Jo'ren in that fight. I like to imagine that the spirit of Kristal was with her too in that moment. <3
Over the course of three games, I didn't feel like there was anything I didn't get to explore with her. I mostly find three games to work perfectly fine for wrapping up a character and their story, and it did so for her. :)

Lyseil was only in Bankor, so no big story arc there, but she had lots of great moments in that game I feel. Mostly just being the eternal ray of sunshine and optimism. She could've been interesting for this game with the Gree as well as Zakuul, as she was a historian and archeologist, so she probably would've enjoyed learning stuff, but... Hoth is cold ya know. xD
I would have liked to get the chance to play her again at some point, but it was not to be.

Kat on the other hand, I do feel like I wasn't really able to finish the arc of her story. My favorite moments of hers were mostly on Alderaan, but she had some good moments here too - particularly bonding with Jo'ren and Durasay as they fought together. On Alderaan it was her romance with Gaul, and the scene where she protected him during the coup. Kat was made to be a Jedi hero, and I was always happy when she got to live those moments. I wish I could have had a different outcome for her than what happened, but it is what it is.
There were two things I wish I had done more with her; the first being finding/saving her master, Syo Bakarn. The other would've been running into Lord Scourge, as he saved her life at the Siege of Coruscant, for reasons unknown to her.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Perhaps a loaded question... Who was the favorite? ;)
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Katarzyna Panteer

Cynella Alde wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:48 pm
Perhaps a loaded question... Who was the favorite? ;)
What a terrible question! I love all my children/PCs equally!

It's Kat (I am just a sucker for playing paladin-types).

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

I've never been good at Paladins (at least traditional ones) despite loving them. As one might expect, the WOOBIE often seeps in.

I particularly wanted to see more of Lyseil. Alas! We move forward.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Three awesome characters. Lyseil inspired Kellen, Shaisha was the first person Jo'ren spoke to in Korriban ("S'up?"), and Kat was a proper Jedi Paladin 8-)

Obviously I have much love for Shaisha and I'm sure the kids will go on to great things, but they were all fun to read.

What surprised you most about each character?
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Katarzyna Panteer

Cynella Alde wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:57 pm
I've never been good at Paladins (at least traditional ones) despite loving them. As one might expect, the WOOBIE often seeps in.

I particularly wanted to see more of Lyseil. Alas! We move forward.
I also wanted more of her, but Alderaan felt like it would be too much politics for her and I just *had this idea* of Kat for a long time that I wanted to play! And Hoth also seemed like it could work for Lyseil, but seeing as we were in lack of badass warriors, I'm glad I chose Kat. :)
Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:15 pm
Three awesome characters. Lyseil inspired Kellen, Shaisha was the first person Jo'ren spoke to in Korriban ("S'up?"), and Kat was a proper Jedi Paladin 8-)

Obviously I have much love for Shaisha and I'm sure the kids will go on to great things, but they were all fun to read.

What surprised you most about each character?
Hey, you also kinda inspired Lyseil IRL, mr.I-found-two-mummified-dinosaurs. 8-)

Loved Shaisha's and Jo'ren's dynamics, and also how they were fond of eachother, but never to the point of tying eachother down. Both had their different things they wanted to do and cared for eachother in their own ways. The fact that Jo'ren was there to save her from the Emperor/fight the Emperor also just cemented how much she liked him. Those two girls are gonna cause so much trouble out in the galaxy once it is their turn. :D

As for what surprised me the most about each character, hmmmm...

- Shaisha caring deeply about the few people close to her. Sure, she was ambitious (her Emotional strength), but she ended up being someone very motivated by protecting those close to her. Becoming a mother completely turned around my headspace for her between Nar Shaddaa and Ziost, and it put a lot of things into perspective. It wasn't just about power anymore for her, but that she didn't want to lose what mattered to her... and she lost Kristal, so that just intensified it a lot. She didn't want to lose her kid, her father, and Jo'ren too. She thinks she is preserving the Empire that Kristal died for, but uh... yeah, she doesn't really understand what exactly Kristal envisioned for the Empire so she was just doing her best. :lol: She's for sure kept an eye on those daughters of hers over the years, especially Addison and helped out Mama Serasai to stay afloat. They're Kristal's legacy, so she must protect it.

- Lyseil didn't have a lot of surprises. I made her to be a very feel-good character since I was a bit bummed over Nai'tiri's death, and I just loved taking it over the top. If I had to say something, I'd say I was surprised at how hard she could be when it came down to fighting... she didn't like violence, but she was very much "take no prisoners" once the chips were down. Oh I think the biggest surprise was how well she connected with Zanebry! I did not really expect them to have such a vibe, the princess and the scoundrel, but I suppose that is just so very Star Wars. :P

- I think with Kat I was mostly surprised at how much she would have her patience tested. She did not expect feeling even more disillusioned with the Jedi on Alderaan, so thankfully she met Thy and Tethys who were very much helpful to her to make her see that she shouldn't leave the Jedi. The fact that she was able to continue her own path while remaining a Jedi was a surprise for sure, and I'm glad that Dapper allowed her to be a bit of a trailblazer there in trying to bring her more progressive ideas to the Jedi by becoming promoted to the rank of Master. She did want to see the Order become a bit more humane and sensible, less strict on some things, and more strict in other regards.
I was surprised that she became such a hero figure, so I gotta thank Dapper for that, as well as other players and characters adding onto that. :)

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Both Keyhote and Jan were happy to see Katarzyna turn up when the chips were down.

If you play a Jedi in the future what similarities would they have to Kat? Differences?
Likewise for a Sith and Shaisa?
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Is the Jedi Paladin thing canon or is that something you came up with?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Katarzyna Panteer

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:32 am
Both Keyhote and Jan were happy to see Katarzyna turn up when the chips were down.

If you play a Jedi in the future what similarities would they have to Kat? Differences?
Likewise for a Sith and Shaisa?
Keyhote and Jan are both amazing. And Kat was happy to fight alongside both of them. :)

For a Jedi, hm, I might try someone a bit less disciplined than Kat? Mechanically I have lots of things I wanna try though. But maybe someone more into secret lore and that kind of stuff, and less about being a "defender of the people".

For Sith, I would probably try someone more casual about the whole Sith thing, as Shaisha was very terrible aka really deep into the Dark Side-stuff (if she had come back for this game, she probably would have been the top tier on Dark Side, so opposite of Tethys).

Katarzyna Panteer

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:51 am
Is the Jedi Paladin thing canon or is that something you came up with?
Not something that existed in the lore beforehand, afaik, but I liked the Blackguard that showed up for the Alderaan game so that was some inspiration for it.

Mostly though, it was seeing the need for teaching safe ways of using the Force to people who were not Jedi and who would never be Jedi. Kat believed that the Force didn't belong to Jedi or Sith, and that many could be saved from the Dark and from doing potential harm to others if they just learned to use their gifts in a safe and productive way. So that was the basis for the Paladins.

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Ah, that's an interesting niche to get into but makes sense. Force Sensitive have to go somewhere.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Zayne Rist

Post by Zayne Rist »

Well, it was a pleasure spending with Kat. We didn't have our sparring match in, but Kat was in like half the threads I was in already... lol.
Agents of Jedi Council of First Knowledge | Human | Hero of Battle of Alderaan | Jedi Arbiter |The Peaceableness - Dynamic-class Freighter
Jedi Fighting Style 5 - Shien, and Djem So with Rist Assassin techniques

Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Cortosis Shield, P-14 Hazardour Suit, Mercantile Datapad, Comlink, Hunting Googles
Battle Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Rist Ancient Battle Armor, Stimpack, Thermal Cloak, Hunting Goggles
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Lyseil will be missed! Honestly I was quite sad to hear she didn't make it.

The other two as well not that I interacted with them as much.

I do wonder wll you try for another paladin type jedi anytime in the near future? Or is it something you will put away for a while?
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Katarzyna Panteer

Zayne Rist wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:33 pm
Well, it was a pleasure spending with Kat. We didn't have our sparring match in, but Kat was in like half the threads I was in already... lol.
I was a bit more relaxed with my usual posting activity this game than I usually am, so part of it is also my fault for not bringing it up again. Always a pleasure, Zayne.
Soren Haicen wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:02 pm
I do wonder wll you try for another paladin type jedi anytime in the near future? Or is it something you will put away for a while?
Maybe? I won't say never, but I'm also interested in trying other things. Star Wars is a big galaxy, and there's so much to play around with, as well as lots of interesting character concepts. But I would be very happy to see it again in the future. From me or other players. :)

Katarzyna Panteer

Also, in case anyone was curious, I have compiled my character sheets for my three characters. Lyseil and Shaisha have been advanced to the same XP amount as Kat, just for my own fun if nothing else, just so I had an idea of where they were at when they died. :)
Darth Tenebrous (Shaisha Vreysk) - Keeper of Sith Traditions, Lore, and History.
Species: Pureblood Sith
Career: Sentinel - Specializations: Shien Expert, Seer.

Brawn 2 - Agility 2 - Intellect 2 - Cunning 4 - Willpower 4 - Presence 2
Wounds: 15 - Strain: 14 - Soak: 4 - Ranged/Melee Defense: 4/4

Skills:
Athletics 1eP+1eA
Charm 1eP+1eA+3eF
Coercion 4eA+3eA
Deception 2eP+2eA+3eF
Discipline 2eP+2eA
Knowledge (Lore) 2eP+1eA
Leadership 1eP+1eA+3eF
Lightsaber 2eP+2eA
Negotiation 2eA+3eF
Resilience 1eP+1eA
Skullduggery 1eP+3eA
Stealth 1eP+1eA+2eB
Vigilance 4eA+1eB

Talents:
Conditioned (1)
Counterstrike
Dedication (1: Willpower)
Defensive Stance
Force Rating (2)
Forewarning (1)
Grit (2)
Keen Eyed (1)
Natural Mystic
Parry (1)
Reflect (2)
Reflect, Improved
Sense Advantage
Shien Technique
Side Step (1)
Street Smarts (1)
The Force Is My Ally
Toughened (1)
Uncanny Reactions (1)

Unique Talents:
Broken Child : Once per Session may spend a Destiny point to increase Force Rating by 1 for a scene, suffer three strain as well.
Lost To Emotion: There are times when the Dark Side emanates from your body, chilling the air about you. Most often this is a state of uncontrollable rage. When you are in this volatile state of negative emotion (GM discretion), you automatically gain 1 Dark Side pip for any Force Check and gain 3 Morality (always shifting you closer to the Dark Side).

Force Powers:
Bind (Basic)
Foresee (Basic, Control: Initiative)
Influence (Basic, Range, Control: Skills)
Move (Basic, Range, Control: Hurl, Control: Pull)
Protect/Unleash (Basic, Strength)
Sense (Control: Upgrade Difficulty, Duration, Strength, Control: Upgrade Ability)

Noteworthy Gear:
Chwûq (Ember in ancient Sith), Shoto Lightsaber: Engaged, Lightsaber. Damage 6, Critical 2, Accurate 1, Breach 1, Defense 2, Sunder, Deflection 2.
- Lorrdian Crystal (Red). Modded: +2 Deflection
- Shien Reverse Grip: 1 automatic Advantage to all Lightsaber/Cunning checks.

Siqsa (Demon in ancient Sith), Basic Lightsaber: Engaged, Lightsaber. Damage 7, Critical 2, Accurate 1, Breach 1, Defense 2, Sunder.
- Ghostfire Crystal: 4 advantages or Triumph negates opponent's Parry. Modded: +1 Damage, +1 Defense)
- Curved Hilt: 1 Automatic Advantage when facing a single opponent.
- Custom Grip: Removes 1 Setback, gives 2 Setback to others. Modded: Accurate 1.
- Shien Reverse Grip: 1 Automatic Advantage to all Lightsaber/Cunning checks.

Shadowsuit Armor. Soak 2, Defense 2. Grants wearer 2 Boost dice to all Stealth rolls.
- Energy Dispersion System: When using the wearer's soak to reduce damage dealt to the wearer's strain threshold, count the soak value as 2 higher.
- Armor Inserts: turns into Armored Clothing. Average Perception check to notice armor insert. Modded: +1 Soak, +1 Defense.

BPEA-1A Cascader: Upgrade all Charm, Deception, and Leadership checks by 1.
Lyseil Panteer-Varliss - Leading scholar on xenoachaeology
Species: Human
Career: Colonist - Specializations: Scholar, Scout.

Brawn 2 - Agility 4 - Intellect 4 - Cunning 3 - Willpower 2 - Presence 2
Wounds: 14 - Strain: 13 - Soak: 3 - Ranged/Melee Defense: 1/1

Skills:
Charm 3eP
Coordination 4eA+1eB
Deception 1eP+2eA
Knowledge (Core Worlds) 1eP+3eA
Knowledge (Education) 3eP+1eA
Knowledge (Lore) 2eP+2eA
Knowledge (Outer Rim) 1eP+3eA
Knowledge (Warfare) 1eP+3eA
Leadership 1eP+1eA
Perception 1eP+2eA
Piloting (Space) 1eP+3eA
Ranged (Light) 1eP+4eA
Stealth 2eP+2eA+1eB
Streetwise 1eP+2eA
Survival 2eP+1eA
Vigilance 1eP+1eA

Talents:
Brace (1)
Codebreaker (1)
Confidence (1)
Dedication (2: Intellect, Agility)
Forager
Grit (1)
Heightened Awareness
Knowledge Specialization (1. Education)
Natural Hunter
Natural Scholar
Quick Strike (1)
Rapid Recovery (2)
Researcher (2)
Resolve (1)
Respected Scholar (1)
Stalker (1)
Toughened (1)
Utility Belt
Well Rounded (1)

Noteworthy gear (all accounted for in dicepool):
Model-1 "Nova Viper" Blaster Pistol: Ranged Medium, Ranged-Light. Damage 10, Critical 3, Pierce 4, Accurate 3. Stun Setting. Enc. 2.
- Custom Grip: negate 1 Setback. Modded: Accurate 1.
- Blaster Actuating Module: +1 damage, but 1 setback. Modded: +2 Damage, +2 Pierce.

House Panteer Forces Armor (A/KT Wing Commander Armored Flight Suit): Soak 1, Defense 1, Enc 3. Reduces strain received from Critical Hits to the wearer's vehicle by 1 (minimum 1). Reduces damage from fire and weapons with the Burn quality by 1.
- Enhanced Optics Suite: remove up to 2 setbacks from all Perception, Vigilance, and Combat skill checks due to darkness, smoke, or other environmental effects that obscure vision. Modded: 1 skill (Vigilance).

Expensive Jewelry: Add 1 automatic Advantage to Charm and Deception checks, others add 1 Boost to recall the character.
Bardottan Chronoscanner: In use, the chro- noscanner is capable of quickly analyzing the chemical composition of an object and estimating its date of manufacture within a range of roughly a century. While it cannot pinpoint the exact date that an item was created, it can readily distinguish between an ancient artifact and a more recent replica.
Katarzyna Panteer - Crown-Princess of Alderaan and an Eternal Alliance commander
Species: Human
Career: Guardian - Specializations: Soresu Defender, Protector.

Brawn 3 - Agility 2 - Intellect 5 - Cunning 2 - Willpower 3 - Presence 2
Wounds: 19 - Strain: 15 - Soak: 5 - Ranged/Melee Defense: 2/2

Skills:
Athletics 3eA+2eF
Charm 2eP+2eF
Coercion 3eA+2eF
Cool 1eP+1eA
Deception 1eP+1eA+2eF
Discipline 2eP+1eA
Education 1eP+4eA
Leadership 1eP+1eA+2eF
Lightsaber 4eP+1eA
Lore 1eP+4eA
Mechanics 1eP+4eA
Medicine 1eP+4eA
Negotiation 2eA+2eF
Resilience 3eA+2eF
Vigilance 1eP+2eA

Talents:
Body Guard (1)
Confidence (1)
Circle of Shelter
Dedication (2: Intellect)
Defensive Stance (1)
Force Rating (1)
Grit (2)
Heightened Awareness
Parry (4)
Parry, Improved
Parry, Supreme
Physician (1)
Reflect (2)
Reflect, Improved
Soresu Technique
Stimpack Specialization (1)
Toughened (3)

Force Powers:
Endure [Basic, Strength]
Enhance [Basic, Coordination, Resilience]
Influence [Basic, Range, Skills]
Sense [Basic, Upgrade Difficulty, Duration, Upgrade Difficulty]

Noteworthy Gear:
Basic Lightsaber: Engaged, Lightsaber. Damage 10, Critical 1, Breach 1, Sunder, Accurate 1, Defensive 1, Deflection 1. Enc 1. HP 5 (5/5)
- Ilum Crystal. Modded: -1 Critical, free install. +4 DMG.
- Custom Grip: Remove 1 Setback while using this weapon, others suffer 2 Setbacks while using this weapon. Modded: Accurate 1.
- Reflex Grip: When lightsaber is used to Parry or Reflect, suffer 1 additional strain, but count Parry and Reflect ranks as 1 higher. Modded: Defensive 1, Deflection 1.

Jedi Battle Armor: HP 5 (2 used), Soak 2, Melee Defense 1, Ranged Defense 1. Enc 5. Full body, sealable.
- Heating System: Reduces the difficulty of Resilience checks made to resist the effects of extreme cold by one. Removes up to 2 Setbacks added to checks due to extreme cold.
- Amphibious Modification: Provides up to five hours of oxygen in submersive or airless environments. Does not protect against vacuum. Removes 1 Setback from physical checks due to underwater conditions.