Layne Hoshin

Re: [Day 7 - MM] By the Zword (Republic Only)

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Hmm," she grunted and shrugged, "Stims' all I got. Got some rationpacks if it helps, and firepaste if it's necessary for heat. Other than that, credits but I don't know where'd you buy proper medicine with them around here."

[10 stimpacks given, can provide rations/firepaste/credits if its indicated to be helpful]
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Disinformation is possible but I am no expert in spy maneuvers.''

She waved to the others as well

''Greetings everyone. What is happening? A lot of people are falling sick.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:06 pm
"Hmm," she grunted and shrugged, "Stims' all I got. Got some rationpacks if it helps, and firepaste if it's necessary for heat. Other than that, credits but I don't know where'd you buy proper medicine with them around here."

[10 stimpacks given, can provide rations/firepaste/credits if its indicated to be helpful]
“Junk Town maybe, before the liberation but now, not much of an option. Goods are more worthwhile than creds here,” she said honestly. “I don’t think the sickness is life threatening, at least no one has died yet, but still it seems to spread fast.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''It may not be life threatening in itself but it does'nt need to be to cause great harm. History is clear on this: disease can more readily defeat the defender in a siege then the shells of the enemy's artillery.''

She took down some notes

''Any idea of when it started?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

The healer's Ithorian patient makes Tethys think of her young padawan Glade, and she smiles gently and recites a sentence Glade taught her in the flattened, dimensionless pidgin-Ithorian that's the best approximation sentients with only one throat can manage: a set phrase wishing the hearer good health.

Then she sighs. "I wish we could accommodate you better here. We got people out of enslavement only to share our troubles with you all instead. I appreciate all everyone here has done to share the burdens, as much as I would rather not have to ask it of you."

Tethys flips through her kit. "I have a few packets of antivirals left here. They're probably best used on people who are just starting to show symptoms, especially older patients."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Unfortunately, Hoth is far from rich with natural herbal resources." Galen frowned.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"That would be helpful, master Jedi, even a few could make the difference," she said to Tethys.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Well, people seem to think you're doing miracles with that little you've got to work with. Hopefully we'll be able to get these people off-world soon and into a hospital."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She chuckled and said, "The only miracle at work is stretching out the little bit of kaff I have to last."
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth arrived just in time.

'Ah ain't a medical expert, but ah am a master of the kaff dispenser." He laughed wryly and extended a hand for the nurses cup.

"Would be mah pleasure."
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Ah, Garth. Never late." Tethys smiles. "We still have whole cases of the powdered kaff from ship's military stores. I think someone is using them as furniture at the moment," she adds wryly. "But I suppose when we all start drinking that, we'll know times have really become desperate."

She checks over the next sick patient herself, to give the Junk Town healer a break. Basic emergency medicine training only goes so far, but it's better than nothing.

---
D7 MM--Medicine diagnosis, unknown difficulty, Destiny flip, boost from medical kit: 2eP+2eA+1eB 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Needs difficulty dice!

D7 MM--Sense, for good measure: 3eF 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImage
1 FP activates basic Sense to, well... sense the life energy of all living beings in Short range. Including, maybe, if there's something notably off about the sick people--GM's discretion.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne wasn't much help; but she had more or less the same idea as Tethys, at least as far as using the Force went. Reaching out to see if there was anything unusual going on with this disease, to whatever extent the Force could reveal it. Which may or may not have been the case.

Sense: 2eF 3 Dark Side
ImageImage

[if it makes sense (get it?), use a dark pip?]
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:38 pm
"Unfortunately, Hoth is far from rich with natural herbal resources." Galen frowned.
''No...but sometimes animal secretion can do the same task. We could also start growing some or synthesize the precise molecules.'' she scratches he head.

She turns to the doctor in question
Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:59 pm
She chuckled and said, "The only miracle at work is stretching out the little bit of kaff I have to last."
''I have my personal stash that I am willing to share but first forgive us if we are rude and let me present ourselves: This is Garth of House Thul, this Is Galen Sol of Alderaan's paladins, this is Tethys Carrack, this is Layne Hoshin and I am Baesal Zyn of the Jedi Order''
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:17 pm
Layne wasn't much help; but she had more or less the same idea as Tethys, at least as far as using the Force went. Reaching out to see if there was anything unusual going on with this disease, to whatever extent the Force could reveal it. Which may or may not have been the case.

Sense: 2eF 3 Dark Side
ImageImage

[if it makes sense (get it?), use a dark pip?]
They just have the feeling of being suppressed or weakened, given their ill state.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:28 pm
''No...but sometimes animal secretion can do the same task. We could also start growing some or synthesize the precise molecules.'' she scratches he head.
"There's likely fungus, lichen and other algae out there too, but we'd have to know what we're looking for." he responded.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth just shrugs as he hears the smart people talking. "Ah guess moth' nature can still teach our society a li'l sumthin sumthin after all these years."

"Although knowin' what we need, an knowin if its even here and where t' find it are still sep'rate problems."

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:28 pm
''I have my personal stash that I am willing to share but first forgive us if we are rude and let me present ourselves: This is Garth of House Thul, this Is Galen Sol of Alderaan's paladins, this is Tethys Carrack, this is Layne Hoshin and I am Baesal Zyn of the Jedi Order''
"Nice to meet you all, I don't feel confident calling a Jedi by name, master Jedi," she admitted.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Well, that result was to be expected she supposed. She was still focused on sensing others through the Force when the conversation continued. She'd only been half-following along and absent-mindedly offered a response.

"Well my status is at least is somewhat up in the a--"

She then looked around and realized how that might be taken. A small cough followed.

"--Anyway, whatever you want to call us is fine. So, this sickness? How worried do we have to be about this turning into a full-blown outbreak? Gonna be hard keeping things going and dealing with any attacks if everyone is sick."
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

At Layne's words, Garth tried hard not to think of what measures may need to be taken to ensure the survival of the entire camp...

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:13 pm
"Nice to meet you all, I don't feel confident calling a Jedi by name, master Jedi," she admitted.
''It is no problem but I will not pressure you. Can I ask when this disease began spreading? Miss?''
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Do as you're most comfortable, of course, but the Order doesn't set as much store in formality and titles as some people imagine. 'Tethys' suits me fine," Tethys says, a half-shrug lifting one shoulder as she hands her patient some painkillers. Unfortunately, if there's anything out of the ordinary about this illness, it's beyond the rescue first-aid and triage training Tethys has received, so she can't really do much besides offer basic palliative care--and record the affected people's names in her data file for someone to check on them again later.

She does give the Junk Town healer another look, though, brows drawing together a little. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure I ever learned your name," she says apologetically. "I ought to have, when you've been such a help to the others."

---
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:09 pm
D7 MM--Medicine diagnosis, unknown difficulty, Destiny flip, boost from medical kit: 2eP+2eA+1eB 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Needs difficulty dice!
D7 MM--Difficulty dice for Medicine. Hard vs 2 succ + 2 adv. Except the right ones this time instead of 3 upgrades, whoops...: 3eD 2 failures, 4 threat
ImageImageImage

Orokos pulls no punches; that nets out to 0 successes, 2 threat.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Apologies, master Jedi." She poured some tea down one of the ithorian's mouths, "You can call me Zash, if it pleases you."

"The Force has a delicate but thorough sense of humor, old friends."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Some small instinct in her might've reached for a lightsaber she didn't have with her; but then, the other part went back to that time in the vergence... where she'd thought Zash was responsible and actually there; and she'd decided to try and strike up a conversation instead.

"...I'm honestly not as surprised as I probably should be," she said after a moment.

That lack of a hostile response might've come as a shock to the Jedi there. Or even Zash. Last time Layne and Zash met, back on Yavin, they'd would've fought again if not for the Wrath's intervention, after all.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Zash'' the words came heavy in Baesals mouth and her traits hardened. She tapped on her datapad mulling something in her head before continuing

''Odd indeed...'' she frowned then breathed in, thinking of soothing fractals. ''Someone with your knowledge must have an idea of what this disease is?''
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It's a derivative of a flu common to the Republic Core worlds, adaptable and able to jump species quickly. It is not fatal unless there are underlying conditions or poor health in general," she responded.