Dapper Dog

[Day 7 - MM] By the Zword (Republic Only)

Post by Dapper Dog »

The refugees were going about their morning, nerves were one edge due to the constant attacks and no sign of respite in sight. Injuries were high from the attacks and there was not as much medicine to go around for the members of the expedition and the refugees. But thankfully there was a local medicine woman who was tending to the people and seem to have very great if miraculous results.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Garth Thul

Re: [Day 7 - MM] By the Zword (Republic Only)

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth was no Captain Alderaan, not by any stretch. For this little neck of the universe he might very well have been the closest thing to a military representative though.

So when he wasn't flying defensive missions to ward off pirate incursions, or setting high scores on Swoop Racer, he was here, trying to lift morale and raise spirits.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen walked through the tent village, offering help where he could. He had little experience with medicine, but he could help make sure the refugees were comfortable and, at the least, be an extra pair of hands where needed.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Things...had been hectic. She had left Hydra to recover, hidden on the Moth, so she could make a public appearance.

Things needed to get done
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne was still angry a lot; but slowly things were turning around. Little steps, and all. One of those steps was coming out here to help. Layne had a surplus of stimpacks that she probably wasn't going to get through on her own any time soon, so she thought she might as well have them help out where they were most needed.

Although, from the rumors it seemed as if there was someone doing a much better job than stims could do. Sounded curious enough to at least check out.

[ooc: Will donate stimpacks as necessary]
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Locked in.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Resettlement of displaced people had been the original mission that brought Tethys to this sector, before the pirate attacks on refugee transport had derailed her into joining the Hoth expedition. Experienced in sorting out and mediating the various needs of groups like the one now residing in Echo Base, she’s been spending a lot of time in and around the tent area in recent weeks. Of course, the refugees’ biggest problems require solutions that are not available right now: more space and resources, an end to the incessant attacks on the base, and, most critically, comms and transport offworld. Without those things, everything else Tethys and the others can offer is really just a small stick-on bandage.

Still, her medical kit has plenty of those too. She’s no Omandri Rist, but, like the medicine woman, at least she can help with the small stuff. So that’s what she arrives to do after breakfast. Anyone who needs more help than she can offer will get sent to the medical bay.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

OOC: Oops, it made me stop to log in as I was posting (for this post too… twice??), and I must have missed the thread lock in between. Delete me out as needed! :oops:
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: I can allow five, that's the cut off, carry on.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:41 am
Things...had been hectic. She had left Hydra to recover, hidden on the Moth, so she could make a public appearance.

Things needed to get done
"You've finally reappeared.. Is everything alright?"
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth glanced around seeing...a number of jedi wandering around the tent city.

He waved to friends and acquaintances as he approached and sat down sharing story time with some of the displaced children. As an orphan of the war, they held a special focus for his attention.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys smiles as she sees Garth on the way to her usual spot. “Hello, Garth. No Miyi this morning?” Miyi is at least an honorary member of the War Orphans Club by means of her connection with Garth, though maybe not a primary member… Tethys still isn’t really clear on whether Xero is her blood parent or not.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Many people had face coverings as a flu like sickness was sweeping through the refugee camp, it was not fatal but it did tend to force people into bed rest for nearly a week or two, and for thee elderly they may have a longer recovery time.

There was a long line and crowd around what passed for the medic’s tent, she was known as a miracle worker and well spoken of by the locals. She had worked in Junk Town as nurse to the doctor there who went missing during the purges.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne headed there, box of stimpacks in hand, both to see if they could use some of them, as well as curious to see what this medic might be doing that was so miraculous. The Force allowed for many things, including the healing of others, so she assumed it was something like that. Which was worth taking note of.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:07 am
"You've finally reappeared.. Is everything alright?"
She was taking note of the flu-like symptoms as she walked, rebreather plugged in. It might appear mild but an outbreak here could prove devastating.

''Oh...hey there Galen. Things are...interesting'' she grimaced under the mask ''...you got the message?''

She changed her pace to match his
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I don't use the holonet much to begin with." he shrugged. "Until we get off planet communications, I don't have any use for it, really."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''But someone can use it against you'' she lowered her voice ''An enemy as a device capable of getting everywhere linked to the holonet.''
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He lowered his as well. "What does that mean?"

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:51 am
Layne headed there, box of stimpacks in hand, both to see if they could use some of them, as well as curious to see what this medic might be doing that was so miraculous. The Force allowed for many things, including the healing of others, so she assumed it was something like that. Which was worth taking note of.
Tethys nods to Layne as she too heads for the nurse's tent. She might look a bit distracted, her mind working on strategies for managing the outbreak of illness. Even minor infectious diseases are a major headache in living conditions like these; she's seen it before.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The line outside the nurse’s tent was thick with people coughing or showing signs of fever. They reached the front where a dark-haired woman was treating an ithorian woman of older age. She was applying some treatment alleviate the worst of the symptoms.

She looked up and said, “I hope I am not going to have to treat Jedi and soldiers now, I don’t have really any resources for that.”
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:49 am
He lowered his as well. "What does that mean?"
''The Cunning man possesses an artefact known as the Black codex...long story short she can use it lik a backdoor to all databases linked to the holonet, including recordings and so on.''

'They were about to reach the tent
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:47 am
The line outside the nurse’s tent was thick with people coughing or showing signs of fever. They reached the front where a dark-haired woman was treating an ithorian woman of older age. She was applying some treatment alleviate the worst of the symptoms.

She looked up and said, “I hope I am not going to have to treat Jedi and soldiers now, I don’t have really any resources for that.”
Tethys smiles and opens the hand not holding her emergency medkit. "No, just here to add my hands again for the superficial cases, and tally anyone who needs Dr. Rist or the other Republic medics later."

---
edit: fwiw, I did note refugee aid as Tethys's main downtime activity. :D
Last edited by Tethys Carrack on Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne gave a nod to Tethys as they headed in, then once they were in she put the box down, and found herself being remarked on by the unfamiliar woman.

"Well, I have a bunch of stims laying around my ship I'm not using, so I thought they might do some good around here at least."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“I will take them but we need medicine, these people are not injured just sick,” she said calmly. “Best I can offer them is some tea, and what little I have to spare. I have seen about fifteen patients just today,” she said.

She led the ithorian to lay down and then added, “It’s not the best of conditions but we manage.”
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:51 am
''The Cunning man possesses an artefact known as the Black codex...long story short she can use it lik a backdoor to all databases linked to the holonet, including recordings and so on.''

'They were about to reach the tent
"That does sound pretty dangerous." he nodded. "I made sure my datapad was disconnected. I wonder if there's anyway we could use that, though."

He gave the others a wave as he and Baesal approached.