Tethys Carrack

Re: [Day 7 - MM] By the Zword (Republic Only)

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys nearly scoffs. On her, that's a deceptively mild exhalation of sound--Hnf--and a tightening at the corners of her mouth. "Abstract 'time' has moved on, and Bankor is healing now, but many people suffered needlessly because of your choices. Some still are suffering. If you can't acknowledge that, haven't learned from it, then this affectation of wisdom is just that--affectation, self-delusion."

Seeing that the refugees aren't in immediate danger, her physical tension has dialed back, but she isn't exactly relaxed either. "Of course the galaxy isn't fair and perfect. It's full of people. The Force is made up of people, of living things and our connections to each other. If you truly believed those lives and those choices didn't matter, then I don't think you'd be in this tent, helping these people."

She opens a hand, stiffly--it's the one that had been wrapped in a death grip around the handle of her med kit a short while ago. "But this is an emergency situation. If you're not here to involve yourself in the conflict, then what we need to know right now is whether you'll pledge yourself to continue not to harm these refugees or the base's defenders. If you can do that honestly... we'll figure the rest out later."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She nodded to Baes and then said to Tethys, "It'd be an odd turn to have an eleventh hour killing spree, master Jedi."

"I am content, here."
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...Whatever bad things she'd done then, she's not doing them now," Layne said, "And she did help with the emperor, and now these people. I think it's time to move on from the past."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"At the moment, what matters is helping the sick." he nodded.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"In the short term," Tethys nods agreement to Galen. "In the middle term, though, these people won't be truly safe unless we can secure them against the pirates, and perhaps Zakuul as well." She glances warily at Zash. "How far does your willingness to aid them extend, Zash? I suppose I don't need to call you 'Darth,' if you've really left your past behind."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I am not here to fight battles," she responded. "Unless forced."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...might get forced to when they do decide to show," she said with a shrug, "Still, one extra body can't hurt, but probably won't make the difference either. Especially since everyone seems to know how to shoot lightning these days for some reason..."

She shrugged that bit off.

"...You could probably help without wading into battle directly, though? I doubt anyone's going to volunteer for any force-strengthening rituals or anything like that, but I'm sure you could think of a few ways to help when it comes to it?"
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Force strengthening rituals? Garth mouthed the words in thought, then shook his head, although not as emphatically as he might have previously.

He had always been a good guy, but with the recent comingling and the pull he had felt recently along with his meditations on a less black and white lifestyle, he pondered....
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Will you defend these innocent people, if the rest of us fall?" Tethys is more direct.

"I know you possess great power in the Force. Unless you traded it all for this new appearance you've adopted, anyway."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"If I must," she said calmly. "Try not to fall though, keep your balance."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"There's a great deal of slippery ice out there," Tethys responds without hesitating.

"Anything could happen. I trust in the Force, but it doesn't hurt to have a back-up plan."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"What us the risk of the illness spreading beyond the refugees?" he asked. "Defending everyone will be much harder, if we're all sick."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I think moderate but it may be best to keep this area off-limits to the soldiers and limit the movements of refugees," she said.