Aurilie Alde

Re: (D8 EE Expecting) It Never Stops

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie's hand placed itself on the small of her back and attempted to soothe her in case she had a bit more to say about Carlotta. Their children would be a good reminder of their joy and reason for fighting, although poor Carlotta was sometimes a bit contentious on the matter. "I don't want to believe so much in the stereotype but they do say that the middle child sometimes is indeed given a different sort of trial. I wouldn't want to excuse her behaviour to only that, far too broad and unbefitting of our very unique children...but there might be a shred of credence in that belief, just a small bit. I'd like to give her a slight befit of the doubt because of that."

"Ah, I suppose the tango exists in deals as well. The bit of giving and taking, lifting and leading. Well, maybe that isn't so sure of an analogy but I'll put that into advisement. If only it could be so easy to use some of that charm that I see in you," she said before giving her a wink, which Aurilie hoped that her wife didn't mind so much her borrowing that certain trademark. "I'm so sure deals done by you just have a way of smoothly resolving themselves in your favour."

"Ashley is still very young but I suppose I've begun to do much at his age. Our future little prince would need to put the best foot forward, build those early connections and make potentially life-long friends. Seclusion doesn't help with that, unfortunately. Sheltering him might stunt his potential early and I feel he has much of it," she nodded surely at that. "I'm sure at the end of this conflict, such a place could be made or found. At the very least, I think we're all due for a sort of vacation with the children. Depending where Ser Keyhote is found, we could always go to him to see how he's doing?"
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"The middle child syndrome is an overstated phenomenon," Rhia said. That had been a topic discussed after many a yoga session back at Alderaan. Still, she let out a pleased sigh in response to her beloved's soothing methods. "She'll grow. I know she will."

Rhia held onto her wife, taking minor steps as they discussed the art of tango. The usage of her trademark only heightened her amusement. "I am forthcoming with what I desire, am I not? People enjoy such earnest behavior. That being said, some people rely on a bit more mystery with their words." That was her kind way of saying they were deceptive.

"We will need to start taking Ashley to Kuat more." Soon after that would become more of a reality. "Maybe sometime he should go to Corellia too?" she asked with a wry grin. "Ser Keyhote could even protect him there. You never know when a dangerous, scruffy smuggler is going to come by."
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"And I'm sure she'll overachieve some of our expectations while continuing to work on the others we've laid out for her," she said with a sheepish smile on the matter as Carlotta inevitably, once again, took the forefront of their talks in any setting. Part of Aurilie felt obligated to defend her considering that she found some similarities to her eldest daughter when she was of the same age. However, part of her wondered where Carlotta got it from, considering she always attempted to be the best role model for her children. Then again, here she was, going off and consorting with pirates to steal their things. Maybe the influence was subtle.

The way that they held each other, touched foreheads or cheeks, were small gestures that were also reminiscent of the tango too. It was unfortunate that they didn't have a setting nor time to really practice. She highly of themselves enough that she could only imagine that they would have impressed a lot of people with their skills. "Some mysteries do require some unravelling, yes. I do distinctly remember that some particular avenues need to be earned, too," she said as her hand brushed against Rhia's back.

"A trip to Kuat would go without saying, I'm sure your parents would appreciate the visit. They tolerate me enough, I'd like to think," she said with a smirk before her expression alternated between amusement and concern. "I'd hope that Ser Keyhote is with us during a visit there. There are obviously some questionable characters on Corellia. The sorts who are a bit of a lout with a chip on their shoulder for no discernable reason...Always wanting an excuse to prove themselves. I'm not exactly sure those would make good qualities in a prince, in any amount."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

It would seem that Ashley had managed to go without Rhia's incessant mothering due to the circumstance of his gender. In a way, that would have made her a very annoying mother for Aurilie. But that was a very, very, very weird train of thought that needed no more addressing. "Well, we won't have to worry about her being ambitious nor will she ever be bullied."

Rhia stuck her tongue out then giggled. "When things are accomplished too easily, then that robs the receiver of the satisfaction, doesn't it?" She rolled her eyes, though. "Sometimes it can be a little much back on Kuat. Balance in all things again, hm?"

The greatest fault the in-laws ever found in Aurilie was that she did not rule, well, the entire planet. What if Rhia had married Gaul instead?! Still, it wasn't as if Rhia allowed them to keep on that. "For all I complain of Kuat, Corellia, and so on, it is important for our children to encounter these types of people. Not as role-models but they must learn to interact with them and not be swept into unruly behaviors." And why would they need to worry about Ashley falling into weird crowds when there was Carlotta?!
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie chuckled in good humour and leaned in with a confident smirk on her feature. "I doubt you worry that much about me but I have a feeling that I'll do respectably in your stead, my love. I suppose they'll be without your charms but I'm sure I can amicable in brokering something. The Alde are nothing if not patient and diplomatic."

The less said of what Aurilie's parents thought of Cynella, the better. They had expected someone from one of the Alderaanian Houses at the very least but the prince was rather staunch in her decision. There was, of course, that laughable wedge that her siblings tried to push but it was further proof that they would make horrible heirs to the kingdom. She nodded thoughtfully on the matter, something she did agree strongly about. "Of course, Rhia. I don't think it would do for our children to grow complacent and lazy while living in the remote region of Alderaan. As I've been in some of my siblings and cousins, it does make them rather sheltered and almost laughable caricatures of what the other Houses whisper of the Alde. That would probably displease me far more than their current antics. It's an entirely different matter in how they may look to others outside of our home. I don't know if I could suffer the embarrassment, to be honest."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"I would only worry if you decided to show up in that Corellian outfit," Rhia said, giggling at the memory. She still had her getup stowed away too. After a bit of reflection, she had realized how ridiculous she had looked. But also awesome.

Rhia let out a whimsical sigh. "Our children will always have to contend with the other lineages within the House, won't they? They won't struggle with any of that, though." She pursed her lips as she thought on their legacy a bit more. "Well, Ashley has displayed the same diligence as you. And Carlotta has far too much energy for laziness to ever cross her. As for Susette, well, only time can tell." If Rhia had her way, though, then their youngest would have already been starting on the most rigorous of programs.

Such wasn't easy for a literal infant, however.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie raised her brows at Cynella with an amused smirk. Her first response was perhaps to give her a kiss on the forehead and pulled her into a quick hug, happy to hear her giggling. She doubted that her problems would go away so easily but to hear her in good spirits was perhaps a sign of being able to provide her with some good spirits. "Come now, Rhia! That thing is reserved for only special occasions and worn around adults who should know better. Well, and when there's a princess needing help involved. Sometimes, I do need to go a little rogue to ensure her honour is maintained. It's perhaps bad enough the galaxy is filled with questionable characters but I would feel deeply wounded if I had some part in encouraging incorrigible behaviour in our children. As we know, these are very formative years for them. I can be silly but not silly. "

"We will ensure that our children are strong and fit enough to fulfill their future roles." On the topic of ruling Alderaan, it was some small wish of any Alderaanian parent that their children could potentially rule the entire planet. Of course, Aurilie knew what might require some upheaval within House Panteer and all of Alderaan to even be possible in the immediate future. It was either unlikely or would require a lot of friction to make possible. "In a way, they're a bit blessed to all be born so close to each other. I imagine that a few years apart would be enough to form some divide, like myself and my younger siblings. While they are all great enough to be able to pursue their own paths in the future, I would hope that they remain supportive of each other and close as siblings. They should be able to stand against the galaxy if that were the case."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"There's something to be said about Corellians and rescuing princesses, isn't there?" Rhia continued giggling. "Yes, such outlandish tales are best kept away from our children until they're ready. That being said, they should learn someday how to manage such rough personas from you. You never know if they'll find themselves in a similar situation."

Rhia's smile was a mixture of hope and worry. "They will have to stand together, seeing as we've had to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the Sith." She looked at all the refugees, how trying their lives had been only for it to be worsened by the accursed Zakuul Empire. "How much they will have to fight, well, remains to be determined." It had been difficult to come to terms with her parents' protectiveness. Only now did she understand why a parent wouldn't want a child to be in the military.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I heard it's somewhere in the cultural folklore, enough that it might be considered derivative rather than unique to some. I suppose in a way, their bravado is a bit infectious and I have to find a way to temper that aspect if I were to ever take up that role again." She said, thinking about the next and final job. Once was perhaps silly enough but she had already made a role for herself and it seemed like she would have to commit to the bit, so to speak. "Once more and I think I might be ready to shelve the persona once and for all. That said, I'm not so sure when or how to approach our children about such things. I'd like to think mine was merely innate and passive exposure during my travels. That said, it wouldn't sit with me well if any of our children were taken advantage of or absconded by a Corellian..."

She found herself giving a shake of her head at that with a bit of evident disgust at even the thought of it. Their children would be nobody's fool, if she could help it!

Aurilie looked a bit pensive at the unknown future, especially regarding their children. She would relax her hold on Cynella and reach to take her hand into hers once more. Her gaze looked to her wife as she sympathize with that hope and worry. "If we could help it, they would never have to take up arms for war for their entire lives...however, that might be far too idealistic and naive for any reality. It seems obvious that they will find some hardship in life, some may say that they are already going through that with both of us absent at home. They will become adults eventually and at some point, we might have to be a bit more proud than concerned. That said, I know that perhaps I'm not so ready to make that leap yet. Hopefully, they will take these challenges in life and only be tempered to become greater people, rather than crippled by them."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Really now? You don't think that the pairing is simply for the theater? Perhaps I need to up my bravado if I'm to keep your interest," Rhia concluded, of course punctuating it with her signature wink. That bit of playfulness subsided when she considered more about their children's future. "Surely we've imparted on them the importance of responsibility. If any of them were to marry a Corellian, then surely this individual would be joining House Alde and be a worthy addition indeed."

Unfortunately for the two lovers, not everybody in the galaxy could get ranks in nobody's fool. Especially not what seemed to be in store for Carlotta's future.

Rhia shifted over to grab onto her beloved's hand more firmly, not enough to hurt or cause concern. All she wanted was to maintain their connection. "Then I must be glad that they have a mother who is so adept with a rifle." Giggles started escaping her again. "Well, well, the most unique thing I have to offer is my familiarity with bartering. Let us hope that that is the greatest hardship they have to face in life. That or being unable to eat too much cake at their friends' parties."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"From my handfuls of interaction with the Corellians, I've gathered there's a bit more credence to the stereotype to more to be just an act. I'm sure you must see some agreement to that as a Kuati. If it comes to being wedded to a Corellian, I suppose we'll need to remind ourselves that our children would have become full adults by then and we might need to stand by their decisions. I'm sure something that my family had to endure before and they managed to survive." Likewise, she supposed that her family might have felt the same regarding her marrying a Kuati than an Alderaanian.

"And you do have my complete interest, my dear," she said to Rhia as boldly placed her fingers on her wife's chin. There wasn't a notable height difference between the two so no head adjustment was really required, especially as she leaned in to give her a kiss that was sure to last longer than a fleeting moment.

"...However, if that was some small request to return as the scruffy Corellian, in an occasion where our children wouldn't be so affected by bad influences, I'm sure something can be negotiated," she said with the obligatory theatrical roguish smirk.

Her expression would turn a bit bemused by her words, hardly bothered by the close and connecting grasp by her beloved. "My dearest Rhia, this humility is a bit unlike and unbecoming of you. You're more than worthy of the mantle of being the sun in our lives, our family. Even if some of us have different ways of showing our gratitude." The fact that Rhia allowed them to have cake was indeed some small concession or mercy. "You've given us a lot and I'll be more than happy to remind you of that with every breath."

With that, she did look at their rather depressing surroundings and let out a sigh. "...Even when circumstances aren't so encouraging. It has been admittedly a long day. Perhaps we should consider retiring for the evening, my love?"

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Corellia possesses a certain aura to it," Rhia said with a faint smirk. "It's a miracle that people don't automatically search any ship marked by Corellian citizenship." She shrugged. "Such would be a gross violation of immutable rights, however."

Rhia had long been accustomed to meeting her wife in embrace. It was perhaps an odd bit that she often shifted to be on the shorter side when, in all other matters in life, she stood proud and tall. "My oh my, you really have taken to the role, haven't you?" she asked, teasingly prodding her beloved a few times. "No wonder you've done so well with the whole thing. Speaking of, we will need to figure out something with the ill-gotten goods." Her lips pursed in thought. Never before had she really considered what to do with tainted wealth. To toss it away seemed too wasteful...

"I would claim that I have been humble many times before," Rhia said as hints of red showed up on her cheeks. "Certainly the opposite of arrogance, at least." She shook off her embarrassment then giggled. "Ah but yes, I should focus on how my family has inspired me to press onward."

As much as she had helped earlier, there was still much more work to be done. Maybe the people viewed her much like Aurilie: a sun in these dark times. "We have been taking up the space here for quite some time, haven't we?"

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"With so many questionable characters in the galaxy, I'm sure any shipyard or patrol would risk a backlog if they were to ship every Corellian ship. I suppose they could even wrongly suspect an Alderaanian ship of such underhanded tactics too." She said with a faint smirk. "I only wear that hat when the situation calls for it, of course. Any other use of it would seem a bit indulgent, shall we say? As for the ill-gotten goods, when and if they are in hand, should likely go to the betterment of my kingdom. I'm sure my citizens are self-sustaining and cared for but I'm sure that any small additional comforts would be well appreciated, especially during the harsh winters."

Aurilie found herself smiling at the hints of red on Rhia's cheeks, especially when she had thought that her wife was hard to embarrass. "I'd say the effect is quite mutual in many ways, considering how you've also inspired us to press onward with your optimism. Yes, even Carlotta, I'm sure."

She shook her head as she stood to her feet, more than willing to lend in hand to her wife to do the same. "We hardly ever just take up space, my dear, only grace it with our presence. Shall we?"

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"It's true that no people is free of miscreants." Rhia let out a faint sigh. "Law, no, justice is such a hard concept to uphold." Her talents didn't lend themselves well to legislature. Instead, she was more than happy to campaign for them, preferably with words over violence.

The challenge was especially so when it came to this pursuit her wife had gotten herself involved in. At the very least, it was undeniable that Aurilie continued to have only the best of intentions. Anything short would have come as a complete shock. "I would be remiss if they weren't already cared for. However, there can always be improvement. Let there never be stagnation when I'm around!"

Rhia kept her chin high under the continued praise. Such was the proper Kuati way to receive attention. Dignity begot more respect, supposedly. "Oh Carlotta. Even with her, there is no doubt that she appreciates all that I have done and all that I will do for her benefit." She crossed her arms and raised a brow, all in mock consternation. "It is still such a mystery where she got such petulant behavior from." It certainly wasn't her! Nor Aurilie. Confusing!

But in a galaxy of chaos and confusion, the light they shared remained clear. "Yes, darling, though when you put it like that, it's a shame they won't marvel at us any longer," she said not-so-seriously. Nonetheless, she added her signature wink.

/Scene!