A cave system filled with crystalline growths.
Vaylin

Re: [Day 5 - MA] Break on Through

Post by Vaylin »

"That's a lot of words for corpse," she said as the Jedi engaged her.
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Vaylin engaged the fighters and they were pressing her hard as he kept track of Thy moving around harrying her at range with flung rocks and debris. But she was simply leading her until she trapped Thy behind a massive boulder nearly crushing her.

OOC: Failed and Despair increases Breakthrough by 1.

Thy Coordination: 2eP+3eA+2eC+2eD+2eS 0 successes, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thy Coordination: 1eC 2 failures

Delay: 15

Breakthrough: 4
Light Side | Human | Chill | Old Soul | Mother | Duelist | Jedi Master

*Played by Dapper Dog
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“Enough!” Vaylin howled tapping into her deep reservoirs of Force energy… her counterattack was vicious as she started to pour more power into her strikes. She was enraged that these mere savages were pushing her to the limit.

OOC: Enraged at Delay 15, so damage is increased; those at engaged suffer 21 wounds, Breach 1 while those at range suffer 19 wounds, Pierce 4 and she gains 2 breakthrough points.

Round 3

If Vaylin is engaged in combat with a combat skill check and that player rolls a Despair or three threat they suffer 18 wounds with Pierce 4 from a Force based counterattack this can be Reflected, for attacks Vaylin is considered Adversary 6 and Defense 3, so upgrade accordingly.

Savages: As the team is halfway to victory Vaylin is enraged, increase the difficulty of all checks by one. So for Skill checks 3eC+2eD+2eS, includes Destiny increase. GM will flip Destiny for upgrade to player checks.

Delay: 15

Breakthrough: 6

*Played by Dapper Dog
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

The severity of Vaylin's blows cracked Durasay's helmet, exposing his face partially. His breathing was ragged, the gash against his face bright red with blood. He was hunched somewhat over, yet strength persevered. Fighting side by side with Jo'ren felt right. The support of the Jedi bolstered him.

"You can invoice me for the bill, your worshipfullness." He growled the words, as he steeled himself in his armor, bracing for her next attack. Keeping his aim steady, gripping his lightsaber tightly.

He very much may die right here, right now. But he would die on his feet, holding off an existential threat for as long as he could.

"My name is Durasay Mixo. Husband. Father. Senator. Captain. And the Force is with me." His shoulders lifted, his posture straightening. "You'll remember the name."

He swung, his weapon striking true as he moved into her instep, now fighting close in, and at peace.

MA5 - Break on Through - Attacking Vaylin (Brawn 4, Lightsaber 2, Accurate 1, Superior, -1eS Custom Grip, Aim +1eB, Adversary 6, Defense 3, Flipping Destiny): 3eP+1eA+2eB+4eC+2eS 2 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Superior Adds 1 Auto Advantage
Final Outcome: 2 successes

Incidental - Second Wind to Recover 1 strain
Beginning of turn takes 1 strain from Imbue Item
Maneuver - Supreme Armor Master (next critical injury suffered is at -80 on the roll)
2 strain maneuver - Aim
Action - Attack

Delay Points: 16
Breakthrough Points: 6

Wounds - 20/21
Strain - 6/11
Soak 8 (Cortosis)
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I will end your lineage, savage," she hissed as he pressed her throughout the cavern, blades clashing furiously.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Once more, Kat's lightsaber moved in a flurry to protect herself from the incoming attacks, though this time it was only herself she was protecting as the others had stepped forward to face Vaylin.

In this moment, where the future balanced on the tip of a blade, there was no hesitation, no fear. There was simply being in the moment and acting. Others relied on them to stop Vaylin here, and they would have to succeed. The Force was with them.

"Turn back, Vaylin. You will not go further."

Surging forward in a fluid motion, the green lightsaber missed the Imperial princess... but following Jo'ren's example, she hit her true goal. With a loud CRACK, parts of the crystalline and ice walls began to cave in, flooding the area in front of Vaylin.

---------

Incidental: Reflect to reduce Damage by 5 (4 strain)
Maneuver: Move in to engage.
Action: Lightsaber!

D5 MA Break On Through. Lightsaber/Intellect (Soresu). Accurate 1. -1S Custom Grip. Destiny.: 3eP+2eA+1eB+4eC+2eS 3 failures, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Triumph gives +3 Delay!

Wounds: 14/17
Strain: 12/15

Skills used (Kat): Mechanics, Computers.

Delay Points: 19
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

"You will end nothing."

There was a blur of motion as Jo'ren saw his opening and unleashed the full power of his training. Durasay and Kat had opened her up.

Both ends of his blades cut right through Vaylin's defenses as she stumbled. "I am Jo'ren Rath. I am the Darkness before the Dawn."

One end of his saber cut straight up and dealt a nasty wound as he used the Force to pull her further onto his blade. One large boot came up and he kicked her back off the blade and down into the flood of ice.

"Your overconfidence is your weakness Vaylin. Run or die here. Your choice..."

Jo'ren took up a ready position and prepared to receive Vaylin's retaliation.

---

Soak 9 damage
Incidental to Parry 6 for 3 strain
Takes 6 Wounds
Quick Draw Stim
Maneuver to use a stum
Maneuver to Aim for 2 strain
Action to attack

D5. MA. Break on Through - Attacking Vaylin again (Willpower 3, Lightsaber 6, Accurate 1, Personalised design, Superior, -1eS Custom Grip, Aim, Adversary 6, Defense 3, Dapper flip). Using Draw Closer. Weapon Adds +2 advantages: 3eP+3eA+2eB+2eF+4eC+1eD+2eS 1 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Use Dark pip for Success with Draw Closer.
Success with Triumph = +4 Delay points.
3 advantages to Crit Vaylin = +2 Delay points

Wounds taken: 1/18
Strain taken: 7/13

Skills used (Jo'ren): Perception.

Delay Points: 25
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“I… don’t care… about your savage names!” she said as she was pushed to the limit and unleashed a powerful earth shaking pulse of Force energy shifting the very Earth around for dozens of square kilometers. It knocked the heroes from their feet and buried much of the paths leading to the deeper vergence.

There was stillness as she fell to one knee and rubbed more blood from her lips. She was battered but not broken.

“Savages,” she whispered to herself and then slowly rose, she stumbled forward gaining her footing as she marched towards her mother for the final confrontation.

The shaking of the frozen Earth felt as faraway as Echo Base with enough ferocity as to knock some people from their feet.

The group has to dig themselves out of the rubble but they are alive. Hopefully they have done enough.

OOC: Vaylin delayed successfully.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Zayne Rist

Post by Zayne Rist »

Zayne is down with the last hit.

---‐------------------------
Wounds: 32/18
Stain: 2/12
Agents of Jedi Council of First Knowledge | Human | Hero of Battle of Alderaan | Jedi Arbiter |The Peaceableness - Dynamic-class Freighter
Jedi Fighting Style 5 - Shien, and Djem So with Rist Assassin techniques

Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Cortosis Shield, P-14 Hazardour Suit, Mercantile Datapad, Comlink, Hunting Googles
Battle Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Rist Ancient Battle Armor, Stimpack, Thermal Cloak, Hunting Goggles
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Jo'ren broke himself free from the rubble and immediately started looking around for Thy. He reached out with the Force and began shifting rocks as quickly as he could.

"Everyone okay? Talk to me."
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Katarzyna Panteer

Kat had not expected to benefit from her armor's inbuilt air-tanks when it had been outfitted to explore water-worlds, but with a cave-in it had been an unexpected perk.

Eventually the Jedi managed to wriggle herself out of the collapse. "Here," she responded a touch breathily as she undid the seal on her armor, which released a good amount of steam into the cold air. Once she was free herself, she began to help out with finding the others. Zayne had collapsed before the quake, so she was most concerned for him now.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

He didn't move for a moment after the cave collapsed. Everything hurts. What if I just closed my eyes? The thought passed briefly, before he let out a grunt. Pushing himself up, rubble off his shoulders. Throwing off the cracked helmet, he looked to the others.

"I'm only mostly dead, Red. Would be ry dead if this was 15 gears ago." He chuckled, walking over to help Kat with Zayne.

"Everyone have all their limbs?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Katarzyna Panteer

"I'm whole... thanks to you guys," she gave a grateful nod to Jo'ren and Durasay who had taken the most of the brunt of Vaylin's anger and attacks.

Once they got Zayne out, the first thing she did was applying a stim to a vital area to get his bleeding to stop and adrenaline to kick into the system. And she did not take no for an answer in doing the same for the others.

-----

OOC: Kat will use a Stim on each person. Depending on how many they've used, her stims will heal 1 additional Wound thanks to Stimpack Specialization.

Wounds: 9/17 (2 stims used)

Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy extricates herself from a nearly literal tomb and said, "Well, that just happened."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

"Good to see you in one piece Blue. Lot happened since Nar Shaddaa." He was still looking for Thy when she popped up.
Thy Yulani wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:50 pm
Thy extricates herself from a nearly literal tomb and said, "Well, that just happened."
"The Earthquake was a bit much, but hey, good fight everyone." He walked over to Durasay and gave the Pantoran a full forearm, bicep-curling handshake. "You turned out to be one tough son-of-a-bantha."

Releasing him there was a nod for Kat and Zayne before he walked over to Thy and offered her a big red hand up to her feet. "Just like old times. I missed you Thy."

Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

"It was exciting, I hope that Senya and the others made it," she said with concern. She produced her holo-communicator and brought up the base to get a sitrep.

"And thanks for helping."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:02 pm
"Good to see you in one piece Blue. Lot happened since Nar Shaddaa." He was still looking for Thy when she popped up.
Thy Yulani wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:50 pm
"The Earthquake was a bit much, but hey, good fight everyone." He walked over to Durasay and gave the Pantoran a full forearm, bicep-curling handshake. "You turned out to be one tough son-of-a-bantha."

Releasing him there was a nod for Kat and Zayne before he walked over to Thy and offered her a big red hand up to her feet. "Just like old times. I missed you Thy."
When Jo'ren clapped into the handshake, Durasay flexed as well. "Certainly won't find me pushing too manh pencils. Anytime you wanna spar or need a second in a scrap, look me up, yeah?" He grinned, before they released.

He was grateful that they didn't lose anyone. "We had to have bought enough time. We just... had to."
"All journeys end..."
Katarzyna Panteer

"The Force was with us. I'm certain we did," Kat said reassuringly to Durasay, her voice calm and confident despite their current situation. She glanced between Thy and Jo'ren for a second, wondering if they should give them a moment... maybe just surviving a hell of a fight would be the right timing for them to talk?

"Help me find a way out of here, hm?" Kat suggested to the Pantoran, in case he'd pick up her line of thought.

Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 am
"The Force was with us. I'm certain we did," Kat said reassuringly to Durasay, her voice calm and confident despite their current situation. She glanced between Thy and Jo'ren for a second, wondering if they should give them a moment... maybe just surviving a hell of a fight would be the right timing for them to talk?

"Help me find a way out of here, hm?" Kat suggested to the Pantoran, in case he'd pick up her line of thought.
He nodded. He wasn't oblivious. Lana and Nudimsu were obvious to him, and this was even more apparent than that. "No, of course." He quickly holstered his hilt at his hip, moving with the Paladin.

"I'm worried, Kat. We don't know if Star Beagle got out in time, we're blocked in here. Every night brings a fresh nightmare of what might be."
"All journeys end..."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 am

She felt a tingle and saw a brief figure point in a direction. She could see glimmers of light creeping in.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Katarzyna Panteer

Durasay Mixo wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:55 pm
He nodded. He wasn't oblivious. Lana and Nudimsu were obvious to him, and this was even more apparent than that. "No, of course." He quickly holstered his hilt at his hip, moving with the Paladin.

"I'm worried, Kat. We don't know if Star Beagle got out in time, we're blocked in here. Every night brings a fresh nightmare of what might be."
"The Dark Side seems to have a hold here on Hoth, don't let it prey on your fears and worries, Durasay," Kat said as she turned to him, placing a hand on his shoulder as she did her best to be supportive and reassuring. "We have to hold out hope that our loved ones are safe. That the Star Beagle made it."
Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:05 pm
She felt a tingle and saw a brief figure point in a direction. She could see glimmers of light creeping in.
Distracted, Kat looked away from Durasay. Her eyes widened with that glimmer of hope she felt. "Over there." She let go of the taller Pantoran and moved over to the point that seemed to be their escape.

Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

The Pantoran ran off after her. "It's thriving here. That's for sure. So easy to use that power, to bend things to my will." He nodded in confession, following the Jedi.
"All journeys end..."
Zayne Rist

Post by Zayne Rist »

"Uuuuhhhh, my head..." Zayne rolled his head to the left, trying left it up right.

"....cave... in...?" I let out a groggy voice. "...Ah..."
Agents of Jedi Council of First Knowledge | Human | Hero of Battle of Alderaan | Jedi Arbiter |The Peaceableness - Dynamic-class Freighter
Jedi Fighting Style 5 - Shien, and Djem So with Rist Assassin techniques

Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Cortosis Shield, P-14 Hazardour Suit, Mercantile Datapad, Comlink, Hunting Googles
Battle Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Rist Ancient Battle Armor, Stimpack, Thermal Cloak, Hunting Goggles
Katarzyna Panteer

"Just stay put, Zayne," Kat added over her shoulder as she moved towards the opening she had seen. "We'll all be getting out of here."

Carefully, she stepped on top of some debris, getting the high ground and closer to the glint of light. "There. There's an opening here, I can see daylight."

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Thy Yulani wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:05 pm
"It was exciting, I hope that Senya and the others made it," she said with concern. She produced her holo-communicator and brought up the base to get a sitrep.

"And thanks for helping."
Durasay got a friendly nod and a positive response. A few moments later there was a large release of tension as the others moved ahead.

"You're welcome Thy. I hope your plan worked." He reached up and removed the faceplate. "I said I'd be there when you needed me."

There was a quick check to make sure the others were out of earshot. "How's Nilu?"