Nudimsu

Re: The Kids Are Alright (D4, EA. Open)

Post by Nudimsu »

"Sounds familar." He shrugs and pauses, thinking for several moments. "Oh yes, Kat. Riss has mentioned you a few times. Countess now, I suppose. Important to be formal and use titles when not in a social setting."

He clearly did not remember that encounter.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I sometimes like to irk people by not using their title, or the wrong title."

He looks at one of the goats, "Count Goatington, III, esq. here knows what I am talking about. He looks like a troublemaker, same as me. If not we'll just turn him into curry."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

There's a slight stare at Zeno as he nods.

"We wouldn't want that." He said very dryly. "However, I can only hope that the Alderaanians have good curry recipes, should the Count not meet expectations." He paused and looked at the goat. "I'm kidding, of course." His face remained as neutral as it ever did and the the tone of his response didn't quite sound like he was kidding.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Are you kidding?" Zeno asks with a grin. "Because I wasn't. I love curry goat. I don't know about Alderaanian recipes, but the Deathwright chow hall had curry every other Friday. It was delicious. I'll get the recipe as soon as I can comm out."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"All I know is I can't bring all these goats with me when we leave Hoth. If a few are used as sacrifice to celebrate our leave, I think Pipka could understand. So long as they're not actually sacrificed, of course...I think he was rather traumatized by that, and I'd rather not do that to one of my crewmates."

He shrugs. "Goats are nice to look at, though, admittedly. There is just no way I can put them all on the Turtle. He did that for one night and I spent most of that morning cleaning up chewed up supplies and feces after being woken up abruptly by goats screaming. Cannot do it for weeks out in space."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Could probably trade them to the Ortolans for more shelf stable supplies. Could have Pipka try to find a merchant that he can trust to let buy them. Or, could just turn them into shelf stable supplies with some butcher's tools and a freezer," Zeno suggests.

Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

"Maybe some of the other ships can take a few for you, and bring them to.. well, wherever home is?" Kat suggested.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Turtle is my home." He says with a nod and looks down at the goats a little. They were rather enjoying themselves in the atmosphere. Almost amusing to watch in such a atmosphere. He stared at them jump around quietly for a moment or two.

"But those are at least some ideas for when we get off this place. I wouldn't want Pipka to have spent his money on nothing. Not after giving him this chance at life again."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Maybe he'll just want to retire here as a goatherd?" Zeno says with a smirk. "As long as he could get Jerri's new releases he'd probably be happy."

Katarzyna Panteer

"Something well-meaning people would happily provide him with of course," she chimed in with a knowing smirk.

"But yes, those are all dreams for what we do after... this. All this. Everything will change soon, I feel."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He nods. "Major things were exposed this month, yes. Probably the tip of the iceberg, and we're on Hoth, so it's a big one at that." He knew Senya would be bringing it up at some point soon. That alone would change everything. "Did that analogy make sense? Ice planet and everything, figured it would. Anyways, should this Eternal Empire be what I've been told..." He doesn't change his gaze from the goats as he continues. "...I will be quite busy with jobs for the foreseeable future. Suppose humans should consider what to do when they become less capable of the things you could do in your youth, but I have little concern of that at this time; my dreams are to survive and thrive in this galaxy."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"The galaxy is certainly throwing a lot our way. But we'll handle our problems and move forward. At least that is my intention," he says with a shrug.

"So what all have you been told about the Eternal Empire? They plan on giving everyone kittens and cupcakes or are we S.O.L?"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Systems Off Line? " He turned to Zeno, looking rather confused. "Rather strange human saying, but I don't necessarily think it would be that bad." He shrugs. "Just that, you saw what their ships did when we arrived. Went thru both of the fleet ships like it was nothing when they had the advantage and run by just a pirate crew. Imagine what could be done with a professionally trained army that thinks you are nothing more than savages instead of a mere payday? They can be beaten, but it will not be a easy battle."

Katarzyna Panteer

"I don't know much about them," Kat said with a small shrug. "An Empire in the unknown regions, ruled by an eternal Emperor. If I were to make guesses, they have a large fleet and army, if they can threaten both the Republic and Empire at the same time."

A frown graced her features. "An eternal, or immortal, Emperor sounds too much like the late Sith Emperor to me..."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Assuming the things that have occurred..." He look at Kat. "...They must be feeling confident about something if they were to do this. This could be a first strike to take out some major players to weaken us for a stronger offensive down the line. Could just be someone who's crazy being bored and wanting to show off. Could be that we have something or someone she wants."

Well, he knew that was it, but other stipulations needed to be thrown in to throw off the scent of the truth. It wasn't his place to tell. Besides, the others could be true as well; Senya could just be a added bonus to all of this.

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"No, S.O.L. is shit out of luck. Screwed or without hope of success. So it's an empire with an immortal emperor that didn't decide to show up until after the immortal emperor that ruled the Sith was destroyed? Sounds like someone had a second family that they didn't tell their first family about. If it's not Vitiate then I'll eat my own shoe," he says.

"And if it's him then I would guess we're not out of the woods with him trying to devour all life. I wonder if that other empire was/is aware of that plan if it's him? Maybe they can be convinced he needs destroyed before we all go to war with each other. Which seems inevitable."

Katarzyna Panteer

Her brow furrowed with concern. "We'll have to see. If it is that threat again though, we'll all have to work together. This threat is bigger than all of us."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Well, since I was dumb enough to be born into a universe with a monster that wants to eat me, I'll just have to help out," he says with a smirk.

"Worst decision I have made in my life. I should have picked a different universe when I was born."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:13 pm
~~snip~~
"Rather vulgar sentiment, but at least I was close in my understanding of your abbreviation, so I would think what I said should still stand. But, yes, I do recall Lana mentioning something about that whole devouring business." He thought for a moment and shook his head. "Could it be possible maybe it is a child of the Sith Emperor, claiming his name and the title, instead of something so complex as a constantly resurrecting Emperor? " He shrugs. "Doesn't change the fact that there is still that looming threat, I suppose, regardless of it is a child or the actual man pulling the strings." Then he gives a small smile. "If it is the Emperor returned from death, I wouldn't give up hope about your dumb luck. At this point, I don't see how you couldn't find a way to use the Force to enter a alternative dimension. If death doesn't matter to the Force, why should reality?"
Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:16 pm
Her brow furrowed with concern. "We'll have to see. If it is that threat again though, we'll all have to work together. This threat is bigger than all of us."
With her response. He shrugs. "So far, it does seem that way. Would not put it past either side to try to pull something out of self-interest." Or if their interests have already shifted to the Eternal Empire's side. There was still that large gap of intel about this attack that remains unanswered.

Katarzyna Panteer

"For a powerful Force user, death isn't nescessarily a permanent ending..." Kat began to explain. She looked to Zeno, in case he wanted to chime in as well.

"Most upon death become one with the Force. There are Jedi that can sometimes manifest to people they knew or were close to, offering guidance and wisdom in times of need. For those deeply tied to the Dark side, sometimes they linger on as ghosts, unable to become one with the Force in death. There are different theories as to why that I won't bore you with, Nudimsu, unless you wish." It was quite a lengthy and dry topic for someone not deep into the Force and its mystical lore. "So if someone who is allegedly one of the most powerful Sith to ever exist... it doesn't seem surprising to me if he can still be out there somewhere."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Indeed. It's not necessarily a return as much as it is potentially a ghost, an echo, a wound or potentially a combination. Or maybe in his long existence he actually figured out how light side users maintain their individuality and can discorporate to keep his spirit from being destroyed? So many potential paths. Darth Zash can jump between bodies if I am understanding her correctly. Maybe he can too and is in a transitional state until he finds a new body," Zeno suggests on the topic of possibilities.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"I do thank you for the consideration, Kat; best not to waste either of our time explaining how the Force works. I've accepted it as chaos and have chosen to move on from being surprised of its limits. If you tell me that someone can find the means to slip their consciousness into another, I will believe you. Time travel? Why not. Transfer lightsabers across long distances in an instance? Sure."

He shrugs. "Don't know who Darth Zash is, but if she did just that, that would mean she has an understanding of the process and may be helpful in making sure that the death sticks for the Emperor next time. Assuming she was not on the manifest here, Zeno?"

Katarzyna Panteer

"I am not familiar with this Darth Zash, but... there are many terrible things people have done with the Force. I've heard tales how some of them have even reanimated the dead to serve them." She shuddered briefly at that particular memory.

"Who knows what this Eternal Emperor, and the late Sith Emperor, are capable of? If they are one and the same. Someone who have lived that long, had so much time to uncover secrets of the galaxy, of the Force, powerful weapons best left-forgotten... I don't rule out the possibility that they are still around. Not chasing after ghosts, but still keeping it in my mind, so to speak."

Kat took a moment to look at the goats, that seemed so carefree in relation to this conversation. "We need to learn more about this threat, but there is only so much we can do stuck on this frozen iceball."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"When I asked Zash, she believed that it was a wound or echo of Vitiate, so I will be asking Layne about that later. I tend to foolishly, but fortunately, trust the things Zash tells me. Most of the people I know hate her, and with good reason. But I have maintained my respect for her knowledge and skill. She may not be my master anymore, but I still consider her my teacher, so I trust her opinion on this."

"But Layne? She's probably going to choose a problematic path and push me out. She might help out or work with a Jedi but I'm not really sure at this point. She's become something of a mess recently, which sucks. Don't like seeing her so lost."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He nodded and listened to Kat speak. There were many answers here already, of course. Just had to get at the answers from a very powerful, but unstable woman. "Suppose we should make due with what we have here for now and answer the questions we can." He then turned to Zeno.

"Yes, I spoke to Layne earlier, in this morning. Did not realize you two were that close. Maybe you will have better luck with her than I did, theb, but I think she at least realizes her follies of late. Though, I would leave the nature of our discussion between the two of us out of respect for her, just that she answered some questions she never thought needed to be ask." He paused and nodded at the goats. "A pity many do not do as well before they act."