Soren Haicen

Re: [Day 5 - EA] Into the Pit – Amateur Hour

Post by Soren Haicen »

Things weren't going well for Soren. lightning bolts and him just really didn't seem to mix. But then, neither did the cold or this pit. He took out one of his stims and jabbed himself in the thigh before taking a swing at the crazy woman in front of him.

Manuever: Draw Stim
2 strain: Stim
ACtion: attack

lightning bolt hurt. Attacking lightning lady. Destiny flip to upgrade. Setback from weather, boost from layne, adversary 3: 3eP+1eB+2eC+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 advantage to boost next roller, despar for ???

11 wounds, soak 3 = 8 wounds 8+8-5 = 11

Wounds 11/21
Strain 3/14
Soak 3
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I said..." she hissed while taking out a stim with one hand and applying it in the blink of an eye, "snap out of it!"

She might've been saying that to herself as much as to Skivulker; it wasn't entirely clear.

As soon as she'd said the words though, she spun around and she delivered a deep blow into the woman's sternum with what passed for the pommel of her weapon.

Melee (Destiny), adversary 3, setback from cold, Boost from Soren: 2eP+4eA+1eB+2eC+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

No reflect, so 11 wounds soaked down to 5. Maneuver to draw stim and second maneuver + strain to apply to heal 5 wounds, would like to use the Triumph to disable Skivulker for this round in exchange for doing no damage if I may? If that is not an option I'll roll for a critical injury instead, 1 advantage to boost soren, 2 advantage to heal strain]

Wounds: 0/19
Strain: 5/17
Soak: 6
Sense: Twice per round, the difficulty to attack Layne is increased twice
Fearsome: When an enemy becomes Engaged with Layne, they must make a Hard Fear check
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Skivulker Palpotin

Post by Skivulker Palpotin »

Skivulker stumbled back and said, “You’re the one that hit me first!”
Human | Survivor | Left for Dead | Force Sensitive? | Great Fate?
*Played by Dapper Dog
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

The fight certainly seemed to be turning odd, and it looked like his partner didn't want to beat this woman into a pulp. So Soren decided to take a step back and have a look around.

Maybe there would be something available to subdue or capture the blonde?

Maneuver: move to short.
Action: perception

Perception, unknown difficulty. Boost from Layne It could happen that there is something useful for capturing someone or knocking them out?: 1eP+2eA+1eB 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Has:
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Yeah well," she said, "I'm a terrible person. And you killed those guys... whoever they were."

Layne had no idea how that was even possible. She had a part to play in it, sure... gave her a lot of justified anger to channel, at least. But did that really produce power of this scale, so quickly?

Then again, did that question even matter?

She doubted the other woman would just relent like that. All Layne'd done was trip her up a little. That in mind, she went in for another attack; hoping to achieve the same thing again. Hitting the exact same spot again.

"I'm still going to take you back with us!"

Melee (Destiny), adversary 3, setback from cold, Boost from Aim: 2eP+4eA+1eB+2eC+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 6 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Maneuver to aim. Action to attack. As per check chart in the book, 3 advantage would also allow for the same as the triumph? Disable the opponent for a moment rather than dealing damage or strain. If possible would like to do so. 1 advantage to notice a single point of importance in the ongoing conflict? 1 advantage to give next ally a boost, 1 advantage to heal strain]

Wounds: 0/19
Strain: 4/17
Soak: 6
Sense: Twice per round, the difficulty to attack Layne is increased twice
Fearsome: When an enemy becomes Engaged with Layne, they must make a Hard Fear check
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

“The kriff you are, the Wizard is my property and fights for me!” Riyani called down. A dozen pirates pointed down with blaster rifles, and several red dots were on Layne and Soren.

“I admit I was having fun, but no one takes my property… so here's the deal, you can either live and I get my property or I order my people to test if you have a blaster allergy.”

OOC: Flip a Destiny here.
Pirate Queen | Unpredictable | White Maw | Junk Town Overlord | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Ah. She should've seen something like this coming. Layne was not a good person, she'd kept telling herself. But then, she wasn't evil either. Or at least, she usually tried not to be.

She slowly turned to the woman who had called down. A glance then moving over to Soren, whose name she didn't actually know yet, and then to the feline alien she could only assume was one of Breela's kids. A thought spared for the pilot she hadn't thought of enough before. Skivulker might not even want this. And Soren might be able to handle herself. But the kid? Breela? They could get caught in the crossfire.

A sigh.

"Counter offer," she yelled out, "you let her go back to my people. The kid too. And you give this man a fair reward for his time in your pit. And then you can have me instead."

(OOC: Not sure if you meant we should flip destiny, or if it was GM destiny?)
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Soren glanced from the pirate queen to Layne and back again. He didn't know anyone here very well at all. So he didn't really care which way it went.

Still he had to say something. "I don't really need a reward. I mostly just joined in here for a bit of fun and I had that."

Has:
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

"I think you think this is a negotiation, it's not, so step away from my property or well..." she said with a shrug. "Take the slave, one the house."

OOC: I flipped the Destiny.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Well, if the other man didn't want a reward, she supposed that was up to him. She turned back to the person in charge.

"Your wizard was getting beaten up pretty easy there," she said, casting an eye toward Skivulker just to see how she was doing, "I'm worth more to you than she is, clearly. And if you're still not convinced, take a face scan. Run a quick search through the Republic or Imperial holonet if you have the means. I'm sure people'd pay a lot more to see a former Sith or Jedi Master run through whatever sort of messed up stuff you'd keep running her through."

Come on. Come on, come on, come on.

Give me this, please

[will spend destiny if necessary to help get skivulker out somehow as well]
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

“Maybe so, but you are too much trouble, we are well aware of your history, Jedi. Which makes you valuable and a huge liability, I would be better off to just kill you now and save me the trouble later,” she admitted.

“You are not someone I cannot trust anywhere near my person.” She sighed and relented, “I did promise you a reward. Fine, you can take her. With my blessing.”

She gestured and and they lowered their weapons.

“Never come to my city again, Jedi,” she added as she took a seat.

The pirates throw down a ladder for you all to climb up.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Well, that had been a bit of something. Turning towards the feline slave he stepped a bit closer. "You first kid." Soren said, offering aid in standing up if need be. "Looks like we're getting out of here."

Has:
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

Soren Haicen wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:04 am
Well, that had been a bit of something. Turning towards the feline slave he stepped a bit closer. "You first kid." Soren said, offering aid in standing up if need be. "Looks like we're getting out of here."
The girl smiled and started her way up, assuming the others follow. She gets to the top and there is a resounding blaster bolt retort, and the girl freezes and then falls back into the pit, her lifeless body hitting the icy rock hard.

The Queen tosses a rifle back to her men and said, “The beasts need feeding, get the kriff out of my town.”

They raise their weapons in case the group decides to get spicy.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Some might wonder why Soren had sent the kid up first, well now they knew. He certainly wasn't going to be the first one up top. Not with a crazy pirate lady up there that just lost her favorite toy. He didn't give the falling corpse a second glance as he finished his climb to the top. Instead he offered a polite dip of his head to the pirate queen and made his way towards the exit.

He'd had enough of crazy ladies for the day.

Has:
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"No!"

Layne rushed forward to the lifeless body, jamming a stim into the girl in the vain hope that she could still be saved. Rage and anger starting to boil up.

Had she gotten greedy? Was that why this happened? How would she possibly explain this to Breela? She had no idea that this was some other kid instead, no relation whatsoever.

[will stim regardless of whether it helps]
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

The girl opened her eyes briefly and then they went glassy. The Pirate Queen called down, “I’m not a patient woman, Jedi.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She looked up at the woman, the anger in her face evident; then she looked toward Skivulker; who hadn't said a word so far.

"...you coming?"
Skivulker Palpotin

"Yeah, yes," she admitted and followed along.
*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She nodded, and at that point, Layne would lift the body of the kid off the ground and hoisted her up on her shoulder as she started to climb out of the pit. Later, who knows, she might come back for revenge, or to make sure this didn't happen to someone else again, but right now she had a responsibility to get Skivulker back home. No sense in letting more people get shot up right now.
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

The pirate queen corrected, "The corpse is mine, leave it."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

This woman...

She looked up at her again. "You already gave her to me, remember? On the house, you said."
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

"I suppose I did," she said with a sigh. "Now hurry up I'm getting bored."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

And with that, she would head out of the Pit and then Junktown, Skivulker and body in tow. A tight fit on her speeder, no doubt, but they'd make it work somehow.

Skivulker would have to be brought to Thy; even if she hadn't been seeing eye to eye with the Jedi on things lately, Layne herself was in no way equipped to handle a situation like this; someone who got broken, developed some pretty extreme powers, and used them to kill others in rage over what she'd suffered through. Of course she saw the parallels, and where much of the blame could be found. Whatever the woman would be going through now or in the days ahead, Layne could probably understand better than most. Even if there was a lot she couldn't wrap her head around right now.

Once they were clear of Junktown, and heading back to base, she ventured making an attempt.

"...What happened?"
Skivulker Palpotin

"In general or just now?" she responded.
*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...Both, I guess," she said, fully expecting an earful on the 'general' part.