Riss

Sightseeing [Day 3, LM]

Post by Riss »

Riss wasn't exactly an early riser, and nor was the rest of Junk Town she imagined. However, once she did finally rise it wasn't exactly the kind of local you go out to the local cafe and catch yourself some breakfast. This was stepping back much further into her earlier years, almost practically a teenager again and certainly nowhere near the woman she was today. Was strange to see something as an adult for the first time, and see it again later only to have a strange sense of nostalgia, that was the kind of feeling reserved for when you were a kid. Yet that's what she had when she walked through the Pit after taking care of her essentials.

Memories of her walking through very similar locales as this hanging off one persons shoulder or another, but it certainly happened most of them were with Dryden and near all of them she was high on something. Now she just settled for the occasional hit of marcan.

Time certainly flew by, didn't it? Was a strange thought to have when you were looking at a caged prisoner of the pirate Queen herself.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Re: Sightseeing [Day 3, LM]

Post by Dapper Dog »

It's relatively open at this time, with a few children playing by throwing stuff down the pit.

It's a riveting game.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Riss

Post by Riss »

Children in a place like this was a better thing to watch than prisoners in their places, and so her eyes naturally drift that way. A much calmer mood for the whirlwind revelation of last night. Something she needed desperately. Something to calm her from focusing too much on what Omandri must be up to right now.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I would never think of savages having children," a woman said aloud as she approached the playing group. "But, here they are."
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

That certainly got a cross eyed look from Riss, stewing on it not a moment, "I would think someone who uses the term 'savages' would understand the basics of biology," with added sneer.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

She turned her gaze on Riss and said with a wave of her had at the destitution, prisoners in cages, and slavery, “What would you call all this?”

“Is this not the work of savages?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Glancing around she looked at all there was to see, "Okay, you got me there but you've still got a baaaad attitude," she says with a little flair while trying very poorly to hide her self-satisfied smirk.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Why lie about the state affairs here, these children deserve better," she replied quizzically.

"Lying to their faces won't help them."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"No ones lying to the kids here," she says, laughing in her own way of sharing a very similar feeling. Looking Vaylin up and down, the strange look of the woman she gave a nod toward the kids.

"Those kids probably understand a lot more about things than you or I do, anyway," she looks to them and just watches them play while they talk. "Why do you think calling them and their parents savages does them any better? Self worth is worth a whole lot, ya know. Do more damage than their parents ever did with somethin' like that."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“Their parents brought them into this world, they're at fault. The children are blameless. Their parents are savages, and in time these children will grow into savages, and I don’t see many other career paths around here except pirate and slaver,” she replied.

“These kids deserve better.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Never seen an ice-cold bleeding heart before," she says with a hefty amount of derision. Focusing more on the woman now she narrows her eyes, "Most kids deserve better. You got some great idea on how to fix every problem across the galaxy? I'm certainly listening," she turns back to watch the kids, sighing a moment after.

"Very few people get what they deserve," she adds more somberly.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

The woman laughed at that and then said in a cold tone, "Yes... so few get exactly what they deserve."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Ominooooous," Riss intones, broken from that somber mood as she takes one large step of distance casually away from the crazy lady.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“I was just agreeing with your sentiment,” she said with a sidelong glance at Riss.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"There's agreeing with my sentiment and then agreeing my sentiment in a totally creepy way. They are different things," she replies with a bit of a self-dignified air to her.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Riss wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:15 pm
"There's agreeing with my sentiment and then agreeing my sentiment in a totally creepy way. They are different things," she replies with a bit of a self-dignified air to her.
"Creepy way?" she says somewhat oblivious.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Last time I heard someone say deserve like that I'm talking to the bar keep the next time I'm 'round the station and he's telling me all about the guys crazy story and people definitely died in it- probably not as many as he claimed," she says, raising a hand as to add her disclaimer, "but people definitely died. So- I'm just not tryna get myself psycho-murdered ya know?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I am unsure if I should be offended?" she asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Okay, so- you see when I said that people don't get what they deserve I mostly meant that good.people don't get good things," she says, putting a hand to her chest. Then turning the same hand over and indicating the other woman, "When you said it I got the distinct feeling you meant that you wanted bad people to have bad things happen to them, and that you probably were going to do something to correct that soon," she finishes with a flourish.

"If you're about to go psycho-murder someone or some people.. yea, probably. You seem just a tad out of touch ya know?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“You are interesting, outlander. See I could have called you savage, but I think you have potential. You do not come from this place, that is easy for me to see. Where are you from?” the woman said, giving Riss her full attention now.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Awww." Riss places a hand over her heart, wiping away a false tear with her other. "I helped teach you some manners, that's so cute," she smirks, self satisfied as she was. Letting the act drop a little Riss turns to Vaylin just as fully, she shrugs, "Sure. I'm Riss Lanar from Alderaan, Countess of the Lanar family. From a place where I don't refer to people that don't come from the same place as me as savages or outsiders, outlanders whatever, at least not on a common basis."

Riss extends her hand toward the other woman, "And you?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“Alderaan, that is a core world of one of the outland states. My brothers would know, I didn't care to learn much about the lesser peoples of the Outlands. What is this world like?” she asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"A bastion of civility and progress," she rattles off without thought, hand raising with index pointed at her. "You don't know what Alderaan is? You don't know Alderaan and you call us Outlanders," she looks incredulously, and then bursts out laughing. "Kriff me what stuff did you get yourself on? I.. I kinda wanna know your supplier but honest I kicked some of the more fun stuff," she finishes laugh-talking by wiping away a real tear this time.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Her eye twitched briefly as she considered if this was an insult or not. Vaylin said, “So Alderaan is an important world? Important to you at least. I will have to see it.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Soon as you come down from whatever you're on sure, yea," she chuckle-sighs as a punctuation. Looking over this woman again, "Okay. You come by Alderaan and I'll give you a personal tour, mmm? I would love to see it, honestly. Few others in the galaxy can give you a better tour of the place than I would be able to," she finds herself a residual chuckle but settles.

"I would actually need your name tho, or I might not answer the message right away."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."