Nudimsu

Re: [D8 LN, Open] Cold Fish, Hot Caff

Post by Nudimsu »

"I was away from home, yes." There was a long pause at the little quip about the Ascendancy, and he stared at her with a rather annoyed look. "Those are rather strong words to describe my sentiments at the time, but the basic premise is correct. I wish to see the Ascendancy free and left alone once more, and leave the Empire to its own devices. Though, having been out here long enough, I can see now it would not be so simple."

He nodded. "Must say, you are not doing so bad; I expected you'd be needing Jub'lub by now. Though, I state again, expressing my opinion would not be enough to become exiled. My opinions would have led me to be transferred to the Defense Force, nothing more."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela just stares, "In other words you really think I'm an idiot." She gives him a tired look. "Jubbs is a genius. He's probably already figured it out and moved on to more interesting things. Like which seasonings to use for the soup."

"It would be enough if you mouthed off at the wrong time. Irrevocably damaged Sith-Empire relations. Is that what happened?"

"Or is it a tad more complex than that? Were you exiled because your faction is supposed to be pro-empire, but you started agreeing with a pro-isolationist faction? Get yourself caught up in a political quagmire that very nearly caused an intergalactic scandal?"

She sighs.

"At this point I don't know what else I'm supposed to glean."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"No, I don't think you are idiot." He said with a nod. "Never have, in fact. You make foolish decisions, of course, but never thought you were stupid." He stared at her. "Politcal factions of pro and anti-Sith...never thought of that possibility. Not entirely unlikely, either, especially within the Twenty Houses. Not exactly wishing to break free, but to be more than giving to the Empire for something in return is well likely.

"But I do appear to be right and you are having the same problem I do sometimes. Do you often delve into the complex, when it is something more simple. For instance, you seem to think that this superior officer was a part of the Ascendancy. If you wish, you can give up and I can tell you."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"By that admission I can only assume they're in fact Sith. And yes..." She thinks back to earlier with her son. "...the life I've led has compelled me to always assume the worst when I'm off guard or at a disadvantage." She sighs, "Who were they?"
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Emotions are a difficult thing to control. On the matter of your children, I cannot say for certain if it were my own child I would not be as rational as I normally am. No use beating yourself up for past failures. Nor should you feel bad for giving up here: you did well. You just needed to figure out the right questions to ask, more than anything."

He smiled at his small victory. "Captain Foagod. Imperial Soldier, actually. With a Sith, I might have been killed, but a Imperial Officer? Well, I survived that. Had to deal with him for months on end, forcing to make tactically awful decisions. Led to several of my people to be wounded or killed. He was incompetent and sent to the Unknown Regions as a token gesture for the Empire to have someone there. We are self-sufficent within the Ascendency and require no Imperial oversight and he felt that it was a chance to show some initiative and go somewhere else. We never let him based on his emotional capacity and incompetence. He did not show us respect in return, so he implemented his authority to make those said awful decisions with my squad. I was just from a simple military House, so I had little authority to do anything."

He sighed. "After a year of suffering under this fool, I had complained to my superiors for a transfer, but it never came. Finally, after he made us look bad for the final time. I...reacted while he was on a holocall with his superiors."

He clears his throat. "I...kicked him in the genitalia. Repeatedly. Punched him a few times in the face. Had to be pulled off of him, in fact. Yelled at him for being such a worthless being and that I would not stand to work for him anymore. Now, had I done that not in a holocall, I could have been shuffled somewhere else, but since I embarrassed him in front if his superiors..."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:08 am
"Emotions are a difficult thing to control. On the matter of your children, I cannot say for certain if it were my own child I would not be as rational as I normally am. No use beating yourself up for past failures. Nor should you feel bad for giving up here: you did well. You just needed to figure out the right questions to ask, more than anything."
She begins to raise a hand to stop him. But it was too late.
Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:08 am
He smiled at his small victory. "Captain Foagod. Imperial Soldier, actually. With a Sith, I might have been killed, but a Imperial Officer? Well, I survived that. Had to deal with him for months on end, forcing to make tactically awful decisions. Led to several of my people to be wounded or killed. He was incompetent and sent to the Unknown Regions as a token gesture for the Empire to have someone there. We are self-sufficent within the Ascendency and require no Imperial oversight and he felt that it was a chance to show some initiative and go somewhere else. We never let him based on his emotional capacity and incompetence. He did not show us respect in return, so he implemented his authority to make those said awful decisions with my squad. I was just from a simple military house."

He sighed. "After a year of suffering under this fool, I had complained to my superiors for a transfer, but it never came. Finally, after he made us look bad for the final time. I...reacted while he was on a holocall with his superiors."

He clears his throat. "I...kicked him in the genitalia. Repeatedly. Punched him a few times in the face. Had to be pulled off of him, in fact."
She doubles over with laughter. "Nice one, I would have paid good creds to see that one. By the way, I never said I give up. I just asked what his name was. And considering how close I was fess up: you're dating Lana right?"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"You...implied that you were done with." Nudimsu stated with his eyes widened a bit.

"Besides, I said if you figured it out. I simply told you, which is not the same thing."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela Po wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:11 am
"It would be enough if you mouthed off at the wrong time. Irrevocably damaged Sith-Empire relations. Is that what happened?"
"Nuh uh," she smirked. "Remember I said if you mouthed off at the wrong time you could have irrevocably damaged Sith-Empire relations. That's basically what you did though!" She points dramatically and triumphantly at you. "Except mouthed off in this case meant that you punched your superior's mouth off, after shoving your foot so far up his front hole you could wiggle your toes and tickle his tonsils." She doubled over laughing once again. "Oh come on, I'll pay my tab, just tell me about you and Lana already! I need details!"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Look...it's not my proudest moment and I ended up mostly living on the streets doing unpleasant gigs after that." He looked over to the side while Breela was laughing her head off over his circumstances while his face turned a shade of purple.

"Why are you so concerned about me and Lana, anyway?"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:44 am
"Look...it's not my proudest moment and I ended up mostly living on the streets doing unpleasant gigs after that."
"But it should be!" She says very seriously, even intently. "Moments like that define us. It might have been a bad decision that altered the course of your life. But look me in the eyes and tell me you regret it Nudimsu. Tell me there hasn't been so much good that came with all that bad." She smiles warmly. "I made a similar decision once. Did you know that? Broke away from my order to follow Master Kun. I lost everything when the galaxy turned against him. But that decision led to me finding the love of my life, led to the birth of my children." She purrs, "My only regret is that I went back to the order." She pats Jubbs on the shoulder, "No offense."

"You ask why it's important to me?" She reaches out comfortingly. "I only ever want the best for my friends. I want to celebrate the good times, and be there to comfort in the bad times." She squeezes your shoulder gently. "If I'm right and you are together. I wouldn't want to miss the wedding is all I'm saying."

"Also," she grins, "I really like being right. So come on, dish!"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"My life would have been very different." He nods. "Probably could have adopted to a different Family." He sighs. "But, I would not have met Durasay. Or Hacha. Pipka. Nai'tiri. Even that drunken waste of a Mando, Craw."

He sighed deeply and stares. "Yes, I would not have met Lana, either." There was no way he could keep it going after all that. "Shortly after Alderaan. So, almost 5 years. No plans for a wedding at this time." His face was clearly annoyed having caved in like this, but he was too tired and too hopped up on pain medicine to care.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She smiles graciously, "I'm proud of you. May the force grant you a lifetime of fulfillment and comfort." She purrs.

She wasn't sure who Craw was, but he sounded like a Toboga.

She settles back against her chair, sipping her cooling caf. After a few moments of contemplation she asks, "Which direction is the Turtle going to head when we leave?"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Probably with the fleet for a bit. After that, I don't know." There's a large shrug. "Jobs will be plentiful now on both sides, and there's credits to be made."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"If you can get me a copy of my statement I'll make a down-payment before we depart." She sighs, "Also, if you can get my daughter to Alderaan as soon as possible I'd be grateful. I was hoping she could stay aboard the Turtle until you part from the fleet. I know she loves Pipka," she smiles, "and Id feel much more comfortable knowing she's safe. And you're the best pilot I know."