Layne Hoshin

Why's spacerum gone? [D6, LM]

Post by Layne Hoshin »

After whatever that was in the hangar, Layne had stormed off in search of alcohol. Maybe there was something left from that party people had last night? And given how *cold* it was everywhere in base now; apart from the barracks; she suspected that she could have some time to herself.

Then again... Jerri, brother to Darth Baras, might well be stalking around the place to find her.

Ughh... what was even going on anymore?
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Aphr Ahaya

Re: Why's spacerum gone? [D6, LM]

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

I really hope this influx of new people hasn't taken the Hoth Chocolate away too...it's so cold again!

Aphr had made her way to the kitchens, praying the hot drinks were still around. Which they were! No pipka for hoth chol She went to prepare herself a caf, and then noticed Layne sitting alone. She hid her amused grin as she prepared a second one, bitter, and as she finished walked over and placed it in front of Layne.

"I'd offer something stronger but they don't have anything" Aphr said, sitting down and bringing her sweetened caf up to sip
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"No. I don't need any caf right now," she said with an annoyed groan as her efforts to find alcohol were interrupted.

"...there's got to be *something* left."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"You could loot my sisters ship, she has plenty of it" Aphr offered with a small chuckle "I suspect any alcohol around here now got used up last night with that weird goat party that was happening."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Dressed in her usual warm dress with thermal cloak over it, Lucinia strode confidently into the mess area. For what, it would never be known, as she quickly stopped, as the rather crazed looking Layne drew her attention.

"Why, whatever are you looking for?" Lucinia asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Turning slightly, she cast Aphr a smirk. A few barbs came to mind, but she decided not to unleash them. For now.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She sighed. "Maybe I should've gone to the party after all."

Although now it sounded like she was sorry she missed the weird goat thing. *What* weird goat thing?

"Too busy getting forcechoked by Vaylin, I guess."

And then someone else came along. Vaguely familiar. Layne was sure she had a name of some sort, but blanked on it. She'd been there at the party, hadn't she? Right.

Lucy something.

"...alcohol. Got any?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia's smirk grew, just a little. "Not on me. But I do like to keep a bottle or two of a nice red for special occasions. I might be persuaded to share it. If this is the right sort of special occasion."

She uncrossed her arms, smiling. "So tell me. Why are you in such a desperate search for alcohol? Beyond the realities of day to day life in this underpowered... snowman's boil?" The smile grew.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Please tell me people are not already trying to antagonize Vaylin..." Aphr sighed "the party was pretty weird. Lots of goats, really loud music, people dancing and getting very drunk."

A pause.

"Actually minus the goats that seems quite standard."
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia sighed, gesturing casually at the walls of the base. "Actually, I feel like goats are becoming the new standard. I should have said a snowman's boil filled with goats."

She sighed again. "Now I want a drink."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I found that... what's his name... Garth Thule... by the books kind of guy. He was giving her shit over why her name wasn't on any personnel list and how she could be a spy. I redirected things by saying she came in with the rest of the people yesterday, then he started muttered something about slaves and she took offense."

She shrugged. "Shame. I'd have liked to talk to her."

And sighed. "And I'm looking for alcohol because I need a break from being sober for a while, obviously."
Lucinia Malveaux

Luci considered that a moment. Then her eyes narrowed, even as she smiled.

"Perhaps that is enough. In that case, I'll be back in a moment. Three glasses?" She raised her eyebrows at Aphr. "Two glasses and a large mug?" She raised her eyebrows at Layne.

Either way, she would leave in the direction of the hangar. Although she would be back...
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Sounds good to me," she said, clearly having no objections to the idea of a large mug for herself.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr brought a hand to her forehead.

"Great...she could level this whole place and people are antagonizing her? Is this Garth an idiot or just suicidal?"

Aphr shook her head to Lucinia.

"None for me, I got my caf" she held up her drink "it's hot and I like hot drinks."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"The former, I reckon," she said to the question.
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia wouldn't be gone long. Certainly not long enough for Aphr to get bored, or for Layne to roam off in search of alcohol elsewhere. She carried a little cooler with her. "This seems entirely redundant." She said, placing it on the counter. "Still, it makes it easier to carry. I think it's actually keeping the wine warmer at this point"

She did, in fact bring two glasses and a mug, although she would only fill a vessel for Layne and herself. Still, she slid the empty glass to Aphr.

Lifting her glass, she looked at Layne, eyes narrowed. "Now, tell me why you seek this escape from sobriety. That is my price. Otherwise, I'll have to invoice you for the wine later." She smirked. "It's a Malveaux family wine. I know we mark it up unreasonably."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She grabbed the mug and started drinking from it before giving any sort of answer. Downing the whole thing in one go like a greedy... something or another. Then she put it back down on the table like she was expecting more.

"It might look bad on my record, but I'm not sure a Republic judge is going to add to my sentence because I didn't pay a Sith for a bunch of mugs of wine.

Note the use of the phrase 'a bunch of mugs', as opposed to just the single one.

"Anyway, isn't daytime drinking a thing that happens on soap opera holos? Which is apparently what my life's turned into."
Lucinia Malveaux

Rolling her eyes, but smiling, Luci refilled the mug. Then she, herself, took a slow sip from her own glass. "And here I thought Jedi usually kept their word. I suppose I'll have to invoice your superior. Master Yulani, right?"

She gave a little shrug, one shoulder rising and falling. "Which sort of holo? Does this mean that you're engaged to an evil twin? How exciting!" Luci smirked.

Then she looked at Aphr. "Are you sure you wouldn't care for some before our Jedi friend drinks it all? Just a sip..." Her eyes narrowed as her smile grew.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I'm more than happy with my caf" Aphr said with a smile "soap opera holos huh? I wonder..."

Then there was a small laugh.

"Oh! Because of your...I don't know what he is, but the guy that turned up this morning right? Baras' brother?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia raised one expressive eyebrow. "Oh? I wasn't aware Baras had a brother."

She waited expectantly.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

There was a *deep* groan from her as she went to work on the second mug.

"How does that even work?" she asked between gulps.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Which part, the drinking or the uh...other thing?" Aphr asked with a small chuckle
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia raised an eyebrow again. "I knew Jedi were sheltered, but I didn't know they were that sheltered." She said. "Are we going to need to draw a diagram for you?"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I'm a convicted murderer," she said, "I don't mind becoming a convicted serial murderer."

She sighed.

"I don't know how I never knew Baras had a brother."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"If I'm honest, I don't really understand the whole thing other than watching that whole scene this morning. I assume this Darth was pretending to be someone and they...came after you in a romantic way? Or something?" Aphr shrugged "as for Baras, I don't know a single thing about the man or his life, so nothing is a surprise to me. Or everything is I guess.
Lucinia Malveaux

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:38 am
"I'm a convicted murderer," she said, "I don't mind becoming a convicted serial murderer."
Lucinia's eyes narrowed. "Is that meant to be an attempt at intimidation, or are you serious? Because if the latter, I may have a proposal for you, assuming that you don't draw the line at some light fraud. On a Sith, no less."
Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:41 am
"If I'm honest, I don't really understand the whole thing other than watching that whole scene this morning. I assume this Darth was pretending to be someone and they...came after you in a romantic way? Or something?" Aphr shrugged "as for Baras, I don't know a single thing about the man or his life, so nothing is a surprise to me. Or everything is I guess.
Then her expression darkened. "I did not witness this. What happened?"