Galen Panteer

Re: [Day 5 - EN] Goat Dance Party

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Why would...?" he shook his head and sighed. "It's the kath hound all over again. That is something I'll want to take care of."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:08 pm
"I've been practicing more since Nar Shaadda. But mostly just self learning and getting out there and doing. No individual teachers, just better dancers that have taught me some stuff," he admits.

He goes through the steps naturally. They don't seem very technically precise but he seems to be doing so with a lot of natural grace. Basically like talking or jogging might be for other people, with no real thought necessary.

"See, the secret is, if you do it enough it becomes automatic. So you just have to get out there and do it."
"Ah, and here I thought Duchess Ziandra had been teaching you." She seemed like the type to dance, at least to Kat, as she seemed so refined.

"So... just like lightsaber-training. Just make it natural muscle-memory," Kat chuckled. "At least I managed that for the balls and wedding waltz. Gaul is absolutely the better dancer of the two of us, to be honest."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:06 pm
"Why would...?" he shook his head and sighed. "It's the kath hound all over again. That is something I'll want to take care of."
"I'll give you the coordinates of the facility Zeno and I found it in. It doesn't seem to be leaving the perimeter, at least for now."
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"It probably won't stay there long. I'll look into it tomorrow." He was already considering what he would need.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Good hunting." She nodded and stepped away to talk to the DJ. She wanted to share the rare set of classic jizz she'd found this evening.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Enjoy the night, Moyr." he said as she left. He soon began making his way to the exit.

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Soren Haicen wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:35 pm
"Only a bit, for now. As the party goes on the sweating will get worse and people will start treading on the goat shit and it will mingle into a very distinctive smell." He shook his head, he'd been to enough barn parties on dantooine to know that smell well. "Won't leave quickly either." HE took another drink from his cup and shook hsi head.

"I think I'll be taking my meals in the hangar for the next week or two." Not that he didn't already do so.

At the mention of tauntauns he smirked and shook hsi head. "I think I'd like the tauntaun party better."
"Are you really sure?" Tethys raises a skeptical brow. "I thought the tauntauns smelled bad when they were on the outside of the base. Then I went in their indoor pen." She shakes her head ruefully. "Some of those volatile organic compounds must take to warm air even more readily than cold air. Or perhaps my nose just doesn't work as well out there in the cold. Compared to tauntuans, the goats are..." she blinks, briefly at a loss, but eventually powers on to conclude, "pleasantly fragrant, in my opinion."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:16 pm
"Ah, and here I thought Duchess Ziandra had been teaching you." She seemed like the type to dance, at least to Kat, as she seemed so refined.

"So... just like lightsaber-training. Just make it natural muscle-memory," Kat chuckled. "At least I managed that for the balls and wedding waltz. Gaul is absolutely the better dancer of the two of us, to be honest."
"Nope, I came to her already party-trained. The reason I didn't have a more public persona before the coup was purely political."

He shrugs while continuing to shake a leg.

"Well that and my temper... and kind of being part of the Lanar Thul battles. But that is coming around too. Not the temper part though. Never that," he chuckles at that.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:32 pm
"Well, I've always felt that it costs nothing to be kind and polite, and you end up with a lot more allies that way," she replied with a shrug, leaning back in her seat a little. "Besides, I made a selfish, short-sighted decision that nearly ended in a fate worse than death twelve hours ago. It has a way of rearranging one's priorities."
His eyebrows rose a bit as he drank and she talked. Taking a gulp he nodded his head "Yeah near death, or near worse than death events have a tendency to put things in perspective for you. I wonder what priorities of yours got moved around?"
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:09 pm
His eyebrows rose a bit as he drank and she talked. Taking a gulp he nodded his head "Yeah near death, or near worse than death events have a tendency to put things in perspective for you. I wonder what priorities of yours got moved around?"
She considered the question, letting the beat fill the silence rather than her words for a moment. "... I guess I just realized that I can't keep prioritizing my own concerns. I saw the worst a person could become and had to ask myself how different I really was. People got hurt."

Her nose and the rims of her eyes were reddening, and she wiped at them a little with a laugh. "Sorry. Kinda killing the party atmosphere, huh?"
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:44 pm

"Are you really sure?" Tethys raises a skeptical brow. "I thought the tauntauns smelled bad when they were on the outside of the base. Then I went in their indoor pen." She shakes her head ruefully. "Some of those volatile organic compounds must take to warm air even more readily than cold air. Or perhaps my nose just doesn't work as well out there in the cold. Compared to tauntuans, the goats are..." she blinks, briefly at a loss, but eventually powers on to conclude, "pleasantly fragrant, in my opinion."
"Oh yeah." He replied with a crooked smile. "If you brought the tauntauns into this kind of party they'd like as not stampede. Then things would get really interesting." Soren finished with a chuckle. It would stink more certainly but it'd be plenty amusing seeing a tauntaun crash through the bar.

He shook his head. "So it's probably better to stick to the goats. Even if I can't understand what people find cute about them." He ended with a frown. "I suppose I just look at em like dinner though."
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Soren Haicen wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:14 pm
"Oh yeah." He replied with a crooked smile. "If you brought the tauntauns into this kind of party they'd like as not stampede. Then things would get really interesting." Soren finished with a chuckle. It would stink more certainly but it'd be plenty amusing seeing a tauntaun crash through the bar.

He shook his head. "So it's probably better to stick to the goats. Even if I can't understand what people find cute about them." He ended with a frown. "I suppose I just look at em like dinner though."
"I suppose that is one way to liven up a party." Tethys, bemused, resorts to her mystery drink again. "But the tauntaun-sized holes in the kitchen would be rather a pity, after all the work everyone has contributed to making this place habitable. As for the goats..." she shrugs one shoulder, the motion lifting the hand holding her glass as well.

Then she looks down, a bit nonplussed, to discover one of the aforementioned goats bumping its head insistently against her thigh. She sighs.

"They're small mammals. Big eyes, small mouths, round bellies. What is that phenomenon called? Anyway, they look a little bit like infants, in some old part of the humanoid mammal brain. That's probably it, I think." Resignedly, she stoops a little bit to scritch the blue goat on its shoulders and poll. "This is a difficult situation. People find comfort in having something to nurture, even if it's only a goat."
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Soren Haicen

Post by Soren Haicen »

"Ah, the holes could be repaired. The memories of fancy dressed partygoers fleeing down the halls? Now that would be priceless." His lips curles into an amused smile as he spoke, but with a shake of his head it disappared.

Taking another long slow sip from his cup he paused to fill it up, cocking a brow at the Jedi to see if she wanted a refill as well. "I don't quite think that applies to everyone. But I suppose you make a point." He glanced down at the goat. "I just hope nobody plans to try and take the entire herd home with them."
Human | Green | Violence for Hire | Bounty Hunter | Tough

Has:
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Breela Po wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:25 pm
She facepalms in time with the beat. "You're a dope. I'll admit, it's got its charm.
but'chu betta step back, 'fore you come to harm.
Ima Jedi and a Ninja, watchu think of that?
that's why I slap you with the beat, and I'll keep yo hat! SON!"

She does the most glorious Fedora dance, this galaxy has ever known.
Remmington is hatless but he is not going to take this laying down. "Not on my watch. Only those who are cooler than the other side of the pillow can wear that."

He does that dance that seems to appropriate for both drinking and partying.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:18 am
Remmington is hatless but he is not going to take this laying down. "Not on my watch. Only those who are cooler than the other side of the pillow can wear that."

He does that dance that seems to appropriate for both drinking and partying.
Meanwhile Breela is toe-tapping, spinning, and cutting the Charleston right out of the dance. Before leaving she turns and gives Remmi a look that says, 'catch me if you can.'

Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

Breela Po wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:48 am
Meanwhile Breela is toe-tapping, spinning, and cutting the Charleston right out of the dance. Before leaving she turns and gives Remmi a look that says, 'catch me if you can.'
Perhaps in a completely change of pace, Remmington does not chase after Breela but walks up and extends his hand saying 3 simple words. "Shall We Dance?"

/ Great movie by the way. Watch the original Japanese version. Richard Geer isn't as good.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

He catches her, grabs her hand, and drags her to the center of the dance floor in a completely embarrassing fashion.

"Huh? Wait, wait, no Remmi!"
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:30 pm
She considered the question, letting the beat fill the silence rather than her words for a moment. "... I guess I just realized that I can't keep prioritizing my own concerns. I saw the worst a person could become and had to ask myself how different I really was. People got hurt."

Her nose and the rims of her eyes were reddening, and she wiped at them a little with a laugh. "Sorry. Kinda killing the party atmosphere, huh?"
He reached out, a hand landed gently on her shoulder giving a small squeeze and he gave her a a smile that was more warm than hot and shook his head "Nah, my bad for asking. It was clearly big stuff from the way you framed it." He patted her shoulder before he pulled back.

"Glad you made you made it out ok, and everyone else did too. Their injuries were minor at best."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Remmington Balmung

After the dance he leans in close and looks like they are about to lock lips... and he whispers in her ear. "Let's get out of here." He coolly eases back. Putting his hand towards her face, to slide the fedora off her head and puts it back on.

/ exit stage left?

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

That's cold! She had closed her eyes and everything!

She pouts, stamps her foot, then grabs the jerks hand and leads him off to a quiet corner of the barracks.

/exit scene

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:31 am
He reached out, a hand landed gently on her shoulder giving a small squeeze and he gave her a a smile that was more warm than hot and shook his head "Nah, my bad for asking. It was clearly big stuff from the way you framed it." He patted her shoulder before he pulled back.

"Glad you made you made it out ok, and everyone else did too. Their injuries were minor at best."
She looked up and him and smiled brightly. "Nah, it's okay. I'm just really glad it all ended up so much better than it could have."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:59 am
She looked up and him and smiled brightly. "Nah, it's okay. I'm just really glad it all ended up so much better than it could have."
He chuckled at that finishing off his drink "alls well that ends well, is what my father used to say."

He returned her smile "You've made this a most interesting night Lord Khalan. Come find me on the Whisper, call ahead if you want. Give me time to find my tango music." He said slipping her his comm number. He captured one of her hands and brought it to his lips as he bowed

"have a good night my lord." He said grinning as he straightened and gave her a wink before heading into the party to find a person he owed a dance.

Description|Theme
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:06 am
He chuckled at that finishing off his drink "alls well that ends well, is what my father used to say."

He returned her smile "You've made this a most interesting night Lord Khalan. Come find me on the Whisper, call ahead if you want. Give me time to find my tango music." He said slipping her his comm number. He captured one of her hands and brought it to his lips as he bowed

"have a good night my lord." He said grinning as he straightened and gave her a wink before heading into the party to find a person he owed a dance.
She finished off hers and got up. "Glad to hear it. Have fun!" She slipped his number somewhere secure, passing hers to him, and then headed out. She had to get some sleep. Some tough conversations needed to be had tomorrow, and she was very unready.

/exit

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:34 pm
"Good hunting." She nodded and stepped away to talk to the DJ. She wanted to share the rare set of classic jizz she'd found this evening.
He was difficult to get to in his booth, but here he was, the red-haired mixing dude.

Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:48 pm

"Nope, I came to her already party-trained. The reason I didn't have a more public persona before the coup was purely political."

He shrugs while continuing to shake a leg.

"Well that and my temper... and kind of being part of the Lanar Thul battles. But that is coming around too. Not the temper part though. Never that," he chuckles at that.
"I feel fortunate I've never seen this temper of yours." There were rumors of course, but Alderaan was a place full of gossip. Some nobles had nothing better to do. "Even when we first met and you were confined to your house, you seemed to take it with surprising calm, I'd say."

"And would you say you have more of a public persona now?"
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."