Katarzyna Panteer

[D4, LE] That Just Happened (Open)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Well, the trial was over and done with now. It had brought forth a lot of thoughts and ideas, which Kat was brewing in while she was eating her warm meal for the evening. She had made an arrangement with the cooks that they just needed to keep something covered so it could stay somewhat warm for her before she'd start her night-shift. Maybe not needed that she did it personally, but... she liked the quiet hours of the nights here, and it felt like something she could do when she wasn't helping out with everything else.

For the time being, Kat picked at her food and ate slowly as her thoughts were preoccupied.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Omandri Rist

Re: [D4, LE] That Just Happened (Open)

Post by Omandri Rist »

"Credit for your thoughts?"

An all too familiar voice said as Omandri walked into her field of view. His eyes were tired as was the smile that sat on his lips but his expression was friendly and warm.

He sat at the table with her "It was not so long ago you came upon me and my busy mind staring out a viewport, it seems it's time I pay you back for that."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat straightened up slightly as she heard Omandri, breaking into a brief chuckle to have been caught unawares.

"It seems like a lifetime ago already," she mused for a moment, looking down at her food. "Just... thinking about the trial and all. It's a bit intense, and... I have deep sympathies for Layne's master. Not that he knows yet, but I don't look forward to him hearing the news when we return to Republic-space."

If we return to Republic-space, or there's anything to return to.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri frowned slightly shaking his head "intense is a word for it. I don't know about all the force stuff but she clearly needs help." He said locking his fingers together in front of him, elbows resting on the table "nasty business."

He paused a little "What did you make of the judgement?" He ask curious about the perspective of a jedi.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Yes," she said simply at first in agreement. The Force aside, Layne had deep traumas that the Sith had worsened during her time with them, and... well, she had to admit that the Jedi had failed there too the first go around, by letting her continue cultivating these flaws.

She would need to be kept away from violence and other situations that would cause her to fall further into the pits of her own despair.

"The judgement is simply the best we can do with our current situation and resources. Keeping her from potential violence and stress that can worsen her condition, but still allowing her to help out here in the base. I do feel some pity for her, having been failed by so many in her life, but it doesn't excuse what she has done..."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nodded he look was a bit troubled "do you believe she can be redeemed? Do you believe there is a point where redemption is impossible?" The question seemed to have weight to it, perhaps about more than just Layne.

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat sighed at first, searching for the answer. "I do believe that redemption is a possibility for everyone. But if it's something that can be realized for everyone? That is another matter all together. It's a difficult path."

Picking up her thermos she poured herself a cup of caf, and offered the canister to Omandri in case he wanted some too. "For Layne it depends on if she will take responsibility, and grow past living only for herself. Just being sorry for what one has done is just one step along a long journey of moving past ones failings. There is a difference between wanting to be punished because you're feeling sorry for yourself, and accepting punishment because you acknowledge that there must be some form of penance." She thought of how Layne protested going to Tython at the end of the trial. "I think she has some ways to go still before she can truly begin her path of redemption."