Cynella Alde

Re: [Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Fancy Dining

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Not so much in total ruin, no. But sometimes, it really is a war of words and favors instead of swords and..." Rhia trailed off, wishing she could come up with some sort of rhyme for favors. "Blast...ors?"

"Should I go about finding a nice hat for you? Maybe the next ortolan caravan will have one to your liking." Rhia held up her hands, like a photographer framing her beloved. "It'd have to suit you perfectly, no doubt about that." She put her hands down, her smile now faint. "If this really must be done, then might as well have a little amusement, yes?"

The political climate of Junk Town caught her interest. "Power. We can't syphon that for here instead, can we?" She pursed her lips. "But then we'd be robbing innocent people of warmth and other amenities too, now wouldn't we?"
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Yes, blastors," Aurilie gave a few sure nods as she felt the question at the end of Rhia's sentence. If it didn't rhyme nicely before, it now rhymed nicely by her princely decree. "I don't disagree that our way of life is not without some sort of conflict. That was obviously more rampant a few years ago prior to the attempted coup, thankfully it was thwarted. At home, as you remember, there was that feeble attempt by my younger siblings to claim their place as the head heir to the throne. Their years of amusement and luxury haven't offered much of a change, outside of mere pettifogging."

She gave a dismissive shake of her head. "I'm so sorry you had to put up with that, my dear. Thankfully, that's all behind us now."

She blinked when she found herself in the sights of Rhia's make-believe camera. As both an instinct and obligation, she adopted a regal posture. At that moment, she did find herself missing wearing her royal coats and fancy suits. The last few weeks she stuck to cold-weather wear or Republic military-style fatigues, not much room for fashion there.

As Rhia's hands went down again, she would reach out and rejoin her in holding her hand. She chuckled and smiled warmly at her. "That might be extending into the role further than I imagined but I wouldn't say no to a fancy hat. I suppose if there's some fashion to be found here, it would have to be from the local pirates. As much as I don't like giving those opportunistic orrtolans, the last few weeks have allowed us to settle on an almost mutual relationship of sorts. Continual price gouging notwithstanding."

She shook her head. "I admit I know little how the draw and allocations function around here. It could be because we don't have a full infrastructure to get anything other than the base necessities or there is truly a finite amount that could be passed around. In the situation we are able to take away from the town, I very much believe that the pirates will be the last ones that will find themselves in the cold, either by design or force. Bullies will always take what they want."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Blastors," Rhia repeated, covering her lips as she giggled. "Let us be glad that your siblings didn't resort to using those, yes? A bit of pettifogging, as you put it, is not so difficult to manage."

In response to the regal (and adorable) posing, Rhia couldn't help but click her imaginary camera, sound effects included. To anyone watching, well, it was certainly something to behold.

"If I do find something among the ortolan's stock, then it probably will be a price-gouged hat. The fanciest one for the fanciest prince," Rhia said, squeezing Aurilie's hand. "Or maybe you'll have to win a hat against a pirate in some sort of wild bet?" She tilted her head. "Just don't go losing anything yourself, okay? Gambling isn't ever a sure thing."

Rhia pressed her lips together. "There must be more we can do for them, yes? If not now, given our circumstances, but eventually?" Then she outright frowned. "There's always a new place to aid, isn't there?"
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie chuckled at the touch of Rhia's hand and gave her a small squeeze in return. "You are on to something, my love. In a barren land of only ice and snow, we should occasionally indulge in a few luxuries here and there. Even if they are found in the wiliest of ortolan traders, I suppose but better them than the pirates. It just wouldn't be worthwhile if you don't get the chance to see me in the said hat. Besides, it would likely be best to build my own prestige with my own hat."

"I don't think we intend on leaving his planet behind without any consideration of the repercussions. Our mission here first and foremost is for humanitarian reasons. I don't think we would forget them as soon as we free ourselves." She gave a careful glance at her surroundings as if wondering if there were others that would be so selfish as to consider leaving everything behind. "Our mission will be done. I'm rather certain that our escape here is tied to the relief of the locals and refugees, actually."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"It's only natural that I often ponder on what makes people comfortable," Rhia said with her signature wink. Though she had grown more aware (and thus a little insecure) of her former position's relative uselessness, that did not mean she could not apply some lessons. "We need something to break up the monotony from time to time. You deal with the pirates, I deal with the ortolans." Her smile twitched for a brief moment. "And the Sith, apparently, but only momentarily. It's my hope that someone from a lineage will understand the merit of trade more than others."

Rhia raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Do you think we need the numbers or the skills among them? Or is it perhaps some connections that I've been unaware of?"

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I'm so blessed to have a radiant ball of sunshine like you in my life, Rhia." She looked lovingly across the table at her wife as she brushed a thumb over the back of Rhia's hand. "And that obviously goes infinitely so when it comes to trying times. Truly, I would have imagined that I might have run myself ragged or turned so cold that to the core of the planet would have frozen up if you weren't around to point out some of the more comforting aspects of life."

"I love you very much, Rhia," she said before lifting her hand to plant a kiss on it. However, her mirth did dissipate a bit as she go to her point. "I have great confidence that you're negotiations will go well. Some parties might be more inclined to have sharper edges than others, naturally, You do have an eye for consideration and deft feet to navigate any terrain. I trust we'll do well in both of our respective roles in this continuing theatre of war."

"Oh, I don't mean so much of the direct involvement of the refugees but more so that our situation. It is my hope that the defeat of these blasted pirates will ensure both our and the removal of whatever blockage preventing much-needed relief to come through. Perhaps a bit wishful thinking that both matters would be solved by answering the same problem but I think a regime change would be wanted here."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"If only a positive attitude was enough to thaw out this planet," Rhia said with a nonchalant shrug. It was nonetheless enough for her to feel every bit of her wife's hand against hers. "Do not discount the effect you have on me, though. A fire does require heat." And thus, she needed to wink.

A kiss on the hand almost felt like home. Almost. "I seem to recall you voicing concerns over a lack of role here. And yet, you have even managed to surprise me." She giggled. "You know, despite my forray into Sith politics, I don't think I'd do as well with infiltrating criminals. While I am able to plough through terrain, you are much more adept as blending into it. Such is needed if you are to sneak up on your prey, so I've been told."

Rhia raised a brow. "I can't imagine Ser Keyhote worries about the sneaking part."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie couldn't help but return her wife's wink with one of her own, which never failed to ignite her good spirits.

"This criminal venture of mine will only last so long as it is needed," she reassured Rhia, if that was any cause for concern. She supposed that her wife had taken this uncharacteristic move of hers rather well. "Only so long as Riss is involved and during our stay here. I'm reluctant to think of these criminals to be in the same standing as the noble prey that I hunt in my honourary tradition. They are people, yes, but I suppose they are responsible for both our current plight and the suffering of others. I suppose stealth is the common approach here but justice is what I do seek in the end. Not to collect kill counts or trophies, like some around here."

"I suppose with Ser Keyhote, I do take a different approach when it comes to hunting. Admittedly, a bit more luring must be used and his participation does allow us to tackle the more fearsome predators of the galaxy. If he were here, I only imagine that he would charge into their stronghold to liberate the land from tyranny! I wonder if this would have worked to our benefit or detriment..." she said as she looked off pensively. "The first mate appears to be wanted to by the Hutts, dead, coincidentally."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Oh dear, comparing people to animals wasn't the best analogy," Rhia said with an awkward smile. Animals were often put in factories to be killed! It would be terrible if even children were slaughtered in such a fashion. "I won't interfere with your plan. Just know that I'm always available for aid or input." It wasn't her place to dictate everything her Prince did.

"The connection to the Hutts could be useful if we had any contact with the rest of the galaxy." Rhia sighed. "Though that scenario would require collaborating with the Cartel fully in addition to, well, our current allies."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I still have rather fond memories of when you joined me on that hunting venture not too long ago, I admit." She smiled softly at that thought. "It seems that our duties and roles have sometimes kept us apart but I wouldn't mind more occasions when we can work together on the same task. In fact, I welcome it. I think we would do rather splendidly together, not just in raising a family together."

There was a momentary pause as she remembered Rhia's slight issues with Carlotta and quickly added in. "With bright and loving children that we would be proud of once they mature, of course."

"I think our social circle here is already complicated as is, to be honest," she said with a monetary wary eye around her surroundings. "As you said, there are already a few things that you're trying to iron out with the Sith. I imagine that dealing with the Hutts Cartels would make the commercial exploitation of the ortolans seem rather insignificant in comparison."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"We found our way through a maze and on the dancefloor quite well too," Rhia said, once again winking. Charitably to her, she at least didn't think of Carlotta's sins as they discussed their children's future.

"I'm starting to feel like the galaxy is a lot more complicated than I'd like. Groups within the Sith, rival Hutt gangsters, all manner of people." Rhia shook her head. "The holovids really made everything look to be a clear-cut 'good versus evil' sort of thing." She held up a hand and clenched her fist loosely. "My convictions must remain firm though, yes? I wouldn't want to worry you."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I suppose it was quite evident that we sync rather well in footing together, my love," she said as she returned the wink in kind. Hopefully, Rhia wouldn't find it too awkward that she might have mirrored her trademark. Her good spirits were rather infectious and provided a good refuge for the prince, who seemed to have been rather formally stoic around their shared company. "I feel there is little exaggeration when I say that you are my sun."

"It can't be more complicated as those light novels you've introduced me to..." She said as an aside before she placed her other hand on Rhia's. "No need to concern yourself with me. I put a lot of trust in you, Rhia, and thus I do worry as little as possible. I know that you must do the same in me with everything that I do, which I am infinitely grateful for in a partner. I know we both have some reservations, of course. They often have a tendency to be unfounded with our great success. However! If the battle becomes too great, you know you have my support."

She offered a momentary glance to the side and saw that more people were filing in to get their share of lunch. "I suppose it might be time to vacate and allow our neighbours the opportunity of a delightful conversation together. I shall see you tonight, no doubt. I admit, I am curious about learning the art of bartering."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Rhia resisted the urge to wink back in response to a wink. If she did, then she feared that they would be in an infinite loop of winking. "I'm not certain if I would call you my moon. You can be a little cold but are moons exactly associated with that," she said, her giggle signifying that she did not take it too seriously. "At least, that's what people seem to think of you. But with our children, I can't imagine they see much a difference in our warmth."

Hand in hand only reinforced their shared warmth. "An individual can only accomplish so much alone. Well, I shouldn't be using my military knowledge on you." Or the kids, but that was an entirely different matter.

"If I don't see you, then I'll assume you've disappeared again on some sort of adventure." Rhia leaned over to give a quick peck on the cheek. "I've gotten used to it. Can't cage a bird for too long when she's meant to soar."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"A moon might be more appropriate than you might think, considering that they often reflect reflect the light of the sun and are made brighter in the night. However, I suppose there are many worlds that have more than a few moons. And some systems with two suns..." she murmured as she found a slight flaw in her analogy.

Aurilie wasn't going to allow Rhia escape too far without giving her a kiss in return, although she cast an unsure look afterwards. "I'm hardly caged, my dear. But I suppose a bird of prey does wander sometimes to hunt and a mother ultimately returns to tend to her young...Again, I digress!"

She give her hand a kiss before slowly releasing her after that parting gesture. "Until next we meet, Rhia."

With that, she collected her tray and clearned the table for others. She cast a look back at Rhia before she ultimately made her...

/exit

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"No metaphor will ever be perfect, unlike you," Rhia said, giving one more wink for the road, so to speak. She lingered there after her wife's kiss, grasping for memories of home. It had been so long and it would be so long until they could even go back.

"Until next we meet, my prince."

/Scene!