Aphr Ahaya

Re: Lunch Time [D2 MA, Open]

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"No kids, no partner. Just me and the Force" Aphr said with a shrug "I can't say I've looked either. My family history with...well, families, isn't great. My parents sold both their kids to slavery after all."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"That is honestly tragic. If I ever met them I'm pretty sure they wouldn't survive the encounter," he replies. "There is no excuse ever for a parent harming their child like that."

"And we don't always pick our partners. Sometimes they are picked by fate. I can say that I didn't have love for my wife, it had all been political, until she gave us our children. That moment changed a lot for me because nobody had ever given me something so beautiful. Even if not in the same way, I hope that you can experience that someday, the feeling of fate handing you a sense of true and deep joy."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I haven't seen my parents in what, 18 years now? Don't know if they're still alive if I'm honest, and I'm pretty sure my sister would be first in line to uh...thank them let's say" Aphr shrugged "I've moved on. I know why they did it, I don't excuse it but I understand."

There was a soft smile at his words though.

"Maybe one day. I don't think any really look at me in that way, after all I stand among giants looking like a child myself most of the time. Not that I'm complaining, I haven't even considered anything like that."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"From my own personal viewpoint, I would definitely look at you like that in different circumstances. But I've got a wife and children that I love a great deal," he says with a smirk. "So I have no doubt that if or when you decide that you want that in your life, you will have your pick of what you are interested in. Don't trap your own mind in any one position or belief. You can and will be who you are, and that is always attractive."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I understand" Aphr said with a nod "and thank you. Maybe one day in the future when the world is not in danger eh? Being able to escape to a home and children would be nice, but I don't think the galaxy is done with me yet. Or with any of us, but I missed the calm window."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"The secret to my success has been to have my heart broken and suffer losses repeatedly. I wouldn't suggest that path, but it does seem to work," he says with a grin.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

There was a small laugh.

"Did it hurt more or less than the Ackley?"
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"So much more than the Ackley. I've found acceptance and moved on, but the pain is still in there," he replies. "Not the worst thing I ever experienced, but pretty close."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr nodded. She had hoped to make the topic a little less depressing but it hadn't worked.

"It was all learnt from and in the past. Now the future, which is...really frozen. I hope the warm food keeps coming" she said with a small smile "otherwise some small Twi'leks might freeze to death."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I think we opened a path to hydroponics today. At least folks were mentioning it," he says before taking a bite.

"And yes, the future is what is most important. But the sensation in the force and the ambush? Our future may very well be non-existent, but we'll do what we can before this is over to make sure it doesn't happen."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Oh that would be good, I might just move in there" Aphr said semi-seriously. The mention of the sensation though had her nodding.

"You've felt it too then? I don't think it's as bleak as non-existent but there is something big coming for certain."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Part of the reason I came here. Was pretty much expecting a fight even if that's not what the Republic wanted. But this sensation is so alien, never felt anything like it. Just need to be ready to handle it."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr seemed surprised.

"I always thought you were quite in tune with the Force. With how it often flows it can feel like a calm ocean one point and a raging storm the next. Or at least it does for me. I agree this feels different though. There is something happening in the background that will change everything. Have you looked into the feeling more?"
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I haven't. And I am quite in tune with the force, as feel this sensation stronger than some others I have talked to, but much of my training with the force has been to hone my bodies reactions to utilize the force's influence. Why? You've learned something different about it?"

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Well the visions are pointing to a new war looming, as well as...well, a lot happening. Seems all Force users are having the same feelings at once, this unease" Aphr took a moment to have a little more food.
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"If it is to be war, but neither the Sith or Jefi are aware of plans for war that means it would be a third party. Which would seem to suggest the Hutts as the third largest power in the galaxy, but the Hutts don't have strong force traditions and I imagine they'd have started in the shadows. But an imperial warship and Republic diplomatic ship blowing up in an ambush only has the potential of uniting two sides against them. Which means the likelihood of it being Hutts is rapidly approaching zero. So an unknown spark of war?"

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"You know, you're the only person I know of that is aware of this and suggested the Hutts as a potential" Aphr said with a slight chuckle "I haven't spoken with many others. It may be worth seeing what those you still have connections with think. I know my sister wanted to speak with me later, most likely on this subject also."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Well, if it's the Hutts I can be proud of the fact that I had great instincts while fighting Hutt forces and cursing myself for doing nothing," he replies with a smile.

"More likely it's just some plot I'll be learning about for the first time when the trap springs."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr shook her head, chuckling.

"You're not even curious are you? Not wanting to know what's coming, where it's coming. Just content to wait for it to arrive and face it then. Why?"
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I'm curious, and would like to know. But if the truth is not discovered or revealed it won't change that much for me. I'm used to not being able to discuss such things. Jedi generally don't seek to converse such things with me. So I don't really get the benefit of the investigations of large groups which means I end up more surprised than most of them. I simply don't fit into a social mold anymore.."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I see...so none of your old friends among the Sith have reached out either? And despite your working with Jedi they are still unwilling to use your expertise? That seems so counterproductive...I'm sorry Zeno" Aphr shook her head "really I am."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I'm not. Because I have the two most amazing daughters and they are safe with their mother. It doesn't matter if anyone chooses to trust me as long as I can keep my family safe," he says with a shrug.

"And how often have you known Sith to share information, even if doing so helps with self-preservation? I'll do what I can to keep those important to me as safe as they can be, but I can't do too much to help those without the wisdom to help themselves. And not everyone important to me has that wisdom."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Hmm....I've not found it too difficult but perhaps that's because they don't see me as a threat" Aphr commented thoughtfully "but the Jedi doing that also does however. Either way, you have your family as you say and that's what matters. And hey, I might be a Sith but I'm not like the other I guess. Or something along those lines, you can trust me at least."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"That is appreciated, but I'm not worried about trust. I'm prepared to work with anyone regardless of how much trust there is between us, on this issue at least. Just need to wait for the other shoe to drop and more people to stop hoarding information. We'll need to work together regardless of trust."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"So waiting for the war to happen then?" Aphr said with a small chuckle "soon I'm sure they'll realise they can't stand alone and deal with this."

Says the Twi'lek doing things on her own...

"If not then well, they'll be as surprised as everyone else when it fails."