Zeno Thul

Lunch Time [D2 MA, Open]

Post by Zeno Thul »

The Duke-consort sits in the mess with a bowl of something edible. It was certainly better than military rations, but it definitely wasn't the quality he was used to back home. That was okay with him though, as it's been a while since he's lived on military food and it felt nostalgic.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Aphr Ahaya

Re: Lunch Time [D2 MA, Open]

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Another arrived in the lunch hall, hearing rumours of warm food! Nothing sounded more appealing to the walking pile of thermal cloak than something warm to eat. The base wasn't warming up enough for her liking.

After getting a bowl of what seemed to be some kinda semi-warm broth, she turned to find somewhere to sit and paused. Zeno stood out in a room, it was impossible not to notice him.

He'll either be polite or really angry. Hopefully he doesn't take it out on the broth!

Finally deciding, she approached the man sitting eating his food.

"Hello, long time no see" she managed to move her hood slightly back enough that Zeno might recognise the pink Twi'lek
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"It has been quite a while," he agrees with a pleasant smile. " I hope you have been well. Getting yourself into trouble?"

His tone was playful and his expression welcoming.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I think you're confusing the sisters, I'm not the troublemaker" Aphr replied with a grin "may I join you?"
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Like you don't enjoy a bit of trouble," he says with a smirk. "Please, sit, join me. Fill me in on what you have been up to."

He takes a bite of his own soup, which he seems to have stuffed with some sort of crackers or bread.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr sat down.

"Not as much as you have been I suspect. Left Nar Shaddaa, went to Korriban, graduated within a few months, then learning a new trade. The Imperial worlds are very different to being dragged out by the Hutts, more enjoyable if slightly more dangerous at times. Not that it's difficult to improve on the Hutts right?"
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I have so little experience with the Hutts, just those couple weeks on Nar Shaadda, I couldn't really say. But I'll take your word for it," he replies with a friendly smile.

"Glad to hear you did so well at Korriban. Not surprised to hear it though."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I didn't expect it to go quite as well as it did, but I'll take it. It's not quite as exciting as being an Alderaan royal though right?" Aphr grinned at the man
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno takes a sip of water from a canteen before shaking his head.

"I'm still technically an Imperial noble too. And the two worlds couldn't be more different. In the Empire it was far more militant and like an extended family from top to bottom. Alderaan doesn't have the same kinetic sensation that Dromuund Kaas does. But they are just as witty and savvy as you might expect from the cleverest Lords of the Sith. Who did you end up with as a master?"

Because sometimes you choose them and sometimes they choose you.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Witty and Savvy, but less likely to kill you?" Aphr said with a small laugh "I've never been to Alderaan, but with so many people there that I value highly maybe one day I can finally go. As for me? I had one person who watched me throughout my time at Korriban, and that was Lord Zhorrid. She claimed me as her apprentice barely a day after I finished top of my class."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I never really got to know Zhorrid, but she's fortunate to have such a capable student. I'm interested in the whole shift in paradigm in the Empire. The move to a stronger mystic focus was the right one I think. Seems she has taken to it quite readily."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Well she is now the High Arcanix, and the rituals are certainly something....she's planning one later if you would be interested. Not that I'm trying to advertise for her" Aphr shook her head "but if you wanted to see both Lord Zhorrid and the mystic focus in one place, that would be it. Otherwise she will be around the base offering blessings."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Maybe I will. If not, I'll find a chance to catch up with her I imagine. Couldn't hurt too much to get a blessing from the High Arcanix. What's it like working under a new position like hers?"

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"It's..." Aphr paused, trying to think of the best way to describe it. "Well, I've learnt more about the Unknowing Dark than anyone would want to learn. She is very passionate about her position, and has taken to it very quickly. Faster than I even expected. I'm not a deeply religious person, but I am a curious soul and being with the High Arcanix as she performs her rituals has been enlightening in many ways."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"The religious trappings are really just ways for people to focus their minds. All uses of the force are really just expressions of willpower in the end. But different traditions teach different ways to express that will."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr nodded at that, finally having some warm(or warm enough) food before answering.

"I've experienced a couple in my life. Being moved around a lot in the past and then travelling on behalf of Lord Zhorrid. They're all quite fascinating to watch, although I don't think I would be personally involved in any if I had the choice. They're more interesting if you don't partake I think, you get to see everything that happens."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Yeah, I regularly engage in conversation with the Blackguard, the Paladins of Alderaan, and the Jedi. It can take the Jedi a while to chill out though. Some never do."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I still remember the last time I was involved in anything akin to that with the Jedi...Nar Shaddaa, they drugged a whole party. It was one Jedi master who seemed entirely disconnected with the world but it wasn't a good experience" Aphr shook her head and sighed "the blackguard and Paladins of Alderaan I can't say that I know."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"They're different. They don't believe everyone's business is their business. But I don't really subscribe to any of it at this point. There is light, there is dark, they do what they're supposed to, and I was fortunate enough to be born with the ability to shape it a little bit."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr nodded.

"Finally someone with the right way of thinking. Everyone is so coloured by their sides version that they can only see one ending and one answer. It doesn't benefit anyone" the little Twi'lek shrugged "not that it'll matter. For now everyone has to play happy campers while holding back the urge to do something to the other side. It's a tense dance and I wonder how long it takes for someone to cross the line."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I used to believe it was important to be loyal to ideas and beliefs. But I've found that the only things that deserve loyalty are those that show it back. It's still important to me, but I'm not going to let it be wasted on people that don't give a damn."

He takes a small bite of the warm food and seems to contemplate it or something else.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Is that a feeling you get on Alderaan? That you are treated with loyalty in respect?" Aphr asked with a curious expression "the only thing I've heard about Alderaan is...well, from a biased Imperial perspective."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I get that from my family, and to a certain extent from some others on Alderaan for helping during the coup attempt. Even from a Jedi or two I think. Though that doesn't mean that they like me or my methods," he explains.

"Though I was really just acting in the best interest of my family."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"A coup huh? Sounds like everyone wants to out their leadership these days" Aphr chuckled "maybe it would better...nevermind. Still, I'm glad to see you're getting the respect and loyalty you feel you deserve. Do you have children now as well? Galen was telling me about his little ones."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I do, twin daughters. They are my favorite little troublemakers. They're showing talent with the force," he says, nodding his confirmation. "None for you?"