Darth Bellious

It's Past Noon, We Can Drink [EA5]

Post by Darth Bellious »

THe Bitch had done its portion of flying in the morning, and was now undergoing routine maintenance. Razzya was overseeing it mostly, but Moyr stayed around just in case. And just for lunch.

Watching the holovid Yavin rotate, she had some light snacks brought.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: It's Past Noon, We Can Drink [EA5]

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Lucinia was... well, happy wasn't the right word. But she was content, at least, to stop by Moyr's ship for a visit. After all, the last time they'd been attacked by a Dark Side Force user of considerable power. She could feel a hint of that fear returning as she approached the ship... it brought a smile to her lips.

The smile was still on her lips when she was brought to the room Moyr was in. "Lord Bellious." She greeted her Sith fellow with a slow nod, even as she held up another bottle of wine. "This is one of the better ones. I thought we might share a glass or two with lunch?" She was dressed in her usual black on black, although the ship was warm enough that she felt comfortable hanging up her thermal cloak, at least.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"It looks like you can be a fount of excellent ideas after enough beauty sleep, Lord Malveaux. It is a pleasure." Moyr replied with a gentle tease, appreciating the wine while gesturing for the other Sith to take a place by the table. "There is never a bad time for wine. Especially that I have an assortment of cheeses to match it."
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmmm..." Lucinia's eyes narrowed, but her smile did not diminish. "Indeed. I find a glass helps to relax the mind. I've spent many an evening with a fine red and my research."

She slid easily into a spot at the table, setting the bottle nearby. "I noticed the image before." A brief nod at the blood-red likeness of Yavin. "An interest of yours? Or is there some greater significance to it." Pale eyes, tinged with yellow, glinted across the table at Moyr.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"It's something you can probably guess. Yavin system is steeped in the Dark Side, its native species is distantly related to the Sith. It was the abode of Naga Sadow and Exar Kun, both of which serve as an inspiration to me. It embodies what I identify with, a primal and principled adherence to the Sith Code coupled with subterfuge in application. Therefore, this image is a meditation prompt as well."

Moyr explained, filling their glasses. All of she had said was true and would ring as such, even if it wasn't the whole truth.

"Research, you say? What is your field?"

Lucinia Malveaux

Another slow nod, perhaps a token of approval. "A focus helps. Something that can evoke a feeling..." Her eyes glinted as Moyr poured the wine.

"Hmmm..." Picking up her glass, Lucinia swirled the red liquid gently. "Where you describe your connection as primal and principled, I would say mine is intellectual. Although I think anyone with a good understanding of the Dark Side would agree with primal." She smiled. "How could they not? The sheer power of it, of us... the word suits it."

She lifted the glass, a wordless toast, and took a sip. "But that is my research. The secrets of the Force. From what you say on Yavin and those august persons, I gather we may have some overlap in our studies."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I would assume so. I've dabbled with some ancient inscriptions and artifacts myself, to have a better grasp of the original Sith practices. Your remarks on primality are sound. For me, however, it holds one additional meaning, the urge to revive the ways of the original Lords of the Sith. Would such revival be a toast you can accept?" Bellious raised her glass.

Lucinia Malveaux

"I see." Lucinia's eyebrows went up. "An interesting proposal, to say the least. Interesting enough to drink to, I should think." She raised her glass as well, toasting to the idea, before taking a sip. It was an interesting wine, strong but complex.

Lucinia let it linger in her mouth a few moments before swallowing slowly. "Tell me more."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Moyr savoured the wine with similar gusto. "Part of that revival is happening. Alchemy, witchcraft, sacrifices, they've returned to the mainstream under the reign of the Umbral Dark. More can be done to support the restoration of traditions of Sith Magi. But there's also the philosophical aspect to it, though I don't know if this is the kind of discourse you'd enjoy over lunch wine."

Lucinia Malveaux

"Yes... that's all to the good, indeed." Lucinia frowned. "I suppose, in a way, I should be glad that there's more separation between the Sith and the military; none of that was any interest to me. Still..." She shrugged, one shoulder rising and falling.

Then she smiled again. "But I'd be happy to discuss it further, lunch or no. I've always thought that Sith mysticism is where our true power lies. And really, is there a bad time to discuss power?" Her teeth flashed white before she washed over them with red wine.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Thing is, by the Sith Code power is nothing but means to an end. That end is freedom. Isn't it what you're ultimately after, academic freedom, the liberty to study whatever you want?" Moyr inquired over another sip.

Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia hesitated a moment. "In the short term, yes. In the long term..." Lucinia smiled. "Have you ever known a Sith who's said 'thank you, I have enough power and freedom now, I'm satisfied'." The smile turned into a smirk. "I've met a few. I don't remember them now, and in twenty years, no one will."

She tilted her head, regarding Moyr. "You don't strike me as someone who's satisfied with what she has either, Lord Bellious."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"In some ways I am, in some ways I am not. I think it can be said that... I haven refined my purpose, weaned it of trifles." She chuckled. "Another way to say it is that sustaining freedom, once it has been accomplished, still requires power inputs from time to time."

Lucinia Malveaux

"All too true..." Lucinia swirled the wine in her glass, watching it.

The moment passed, and she looked at Moyr again. "It's a delicate balance, sustaining that without allowing the Dark to consume you. Many a weak fool miscalculated, trying to gain power too quickly, and lost everything. It's a ride that eventually everyone must stop."

She looked at the image of Yavin. "Well... almost everyone."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I am not fond of the concept of immortality for individuals. Death is necessary. Acting on limited time generates true emotions of the Dark Side." She looked at Yavin too. "If Vitiate's case has taught us anything, individual immortality may jeopardise survival of independent sentience as a whole. For that reason I also despise the Jedi notion of being one with the Force, as this is another promise of immortality in disguise."

She finished the glass to make space for the cheese on her palate.

"You get that one shot to be truly free and make a difference of your own design, then make way for the fresh reckless ambition. This has always been the true Sith way in my view."

Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmmm. There's something to what you say." Lucinia's finger tapped on the rim of her glass. "Limited time as a pressure, yes. And Vitiate was certainly a problem." Her lips curled up. "Independent sentience, though..." She gave a little shrug, one shoulder rising and falling.

She, too, tossed back the rest of the wine. "How do you think you will be remembered, Lord Bellious?"
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Ah, the legacy talk." Moyr chuckled in clear amusement. "The funny thing is, I don't care. I have neither children nor apprentices. I'd rather live nameless in the actions of masses I have provoked and spurred than in some holocrons buried in ancient pyramids some future Sith Lord could find and carry in a pocket. Vanity is a distraction to me, really." She tilted her head. "And you? Any plans for posterity to remember you?"

Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmmm... an invisible force for change." Lucinia smirked. "Perhaps you can satisfy yourself by thinking of future historians, perplexed by what exactly caused a particular series of events."

She spread cheese on a cracker, slowly, and with almost exquisite care, layering it evenly. "For myself?" She smirked again. "I'm still weighing the benefits and downsides of immortality. What hungers does an eternal being like Vitiate have, I wonder? What passions, what desires? Can I learn without delving too deep..." Luci gave another of her casual shrugs. "Perhaps."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"More of the same, until there is nothing more to feed on. The eater of worlds. At some point he has lost the capacity to change course, looped in voracity. That is my call at least."