Lucinia Malveaux

[D7ME] Hoooohohohome is Where the Heart is

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

It wasn't much. The base had been under siege for almost a month, and supplies had been tight to begin with. But combining a few bits from the kitchen, a lot of goat products, and some of her tastier alchemical components, Lucinia had managed to put together a fine meal.

Everything was set up in their private dining room. A few candles for atmosphere, both romantic and spooky, the perfect combination in Lucinia's opinion. The finest plates were used. And, a tiny pair of boxes was set on the table. The date trap was set!

"Ooooohohohohoho!" Lucinia, dressed in her finest black gown, laughed quietly to herself as she waited for Jan to make her appearance.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jan Melmoar

Re: [D7ME] Hoooohohohome is Where the Heart is

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan was passing by to do a little insider trading from the ship's communication system (after she considered whether a mekawampa would be good or bad for the company stock) by the spiced aroma of goat meat and goat cheese. And was that...alco-chloride 4? Lucinia knew that was her favourite.

So the Director changes course, sweeping into the dining room in a suit that by the end of the day was closer to 'casual' than 'business' the collar unbuttoned, the pants slightly dirty from maybe one or two skulking expeditions. Jan looks around as her amusement mingles with affection, the food, the exact right candles and of course, her partner in crime and much more.

"Luci, we're on a frozen death world on the edge of the galaxy with nothing but goats and ice to sustain us. And still you are able to conjure....perfection."
Jan smiles the far more tender smile reserved for people she actually likes.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

Likewise, one of Lucinia's hands came up to her lips... to cover a gentle titter rather than the usual mocking peals of laughter. "What can I say, my dear? I know you enjoy surprises. At least, the fun sort."

She stepped forward, still smiling. "It's been quite a time here, hasn't it? The cold, the attacks. Even my alcohol supplies are running low. But, well, we know how to improvise a good time, don't we?"

Tilting her head, she regarded the (slightly!) taller woman. "I take it you approve?" Luci murmured. Obviously, but Luci did like being praised...
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan reaches a hand forward to delicately clasp Lucinia's hand in her own before raising it to her lips with a wink.
"I more than approve, I am delighted, enamoured and many other pleasant things. How you managed to organise all this out of goats...count me intrigued as well though."

Moving to the table she pulls out a chair in a flourish.
"May I?"
The flourish intensifies.

"We have always found a way to ensure the best of the times in the coldest of climates. Really, it's reached the point I think we've become somewhat expert."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

Luci couldn't help but preen at that, smile and eyes both brightening. "Thank you." She murmured, sliding gracefully into the offered seat. "What can I say? I felt... inspired."

While Jan was being seated, Lucinia poured wine for both of them; a dark red, naturally. "Indeed." She flashed a smile. "That was one of our first best moments, wasn't it? Storming the beach in the name of... well, fun."

Her red lips quirked. "Perhaps we should break out some of the blue or green drink after dinner, hmmm? For old times' sake?"
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan snorts and then quickly tries to turn it into a dignified chuckle.
"I think I still have a little stored around, just in case."

She seats herself comfortably opposite Lucinia, nodding in thanks at the pour.
"We stormed it because we could and because we should. And in return for the risk we acquired a wonderful beach and a little extra."

Raising her glass in toast.
"To nine years of inspiration, adventure and the person by our side who makes it worthwhile. And to many more."
Lucinia Malveaux

"A lot extra, I should think." Lucinia's teeth flashed in the dimly lit room.

Smiling as Jan lifted her glass, Lucinia lifted hers as well. "Well said, my dear. I couldn't have said a more perfect toast myself." She took a slow sip, watching her love as she did so.

Lowering it, she nodded to the little box on the table. "I have something for you. Or, actually, Drascovina had something for us, if you can believe it." Shaking her head gently, Luci chuckled. "She's surprisingly thoughtful sometimes. Or, perhaps not surprisingly."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan meets her look and enjoys a few seconds of quiet soul-gazing before winking and turning her attention to the box.

"Your dearest sister sent a gift? Well that is very thoughtful of her."
Provided it didn't explode.

"My thanks to both of you." Jan peers at the box curiously before carefully opening it's lid.
Lucinia Malveaux

Inside was a little necklace, a slightly irregularly-shaped heart locket dangling from its end.

Eyes still bright, Luci smiled at her lover. "Open that too." She suggested quietly.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Oh?"
Jan raises an eyebrow."
"Oh?"

Carefully, as if it might somehow break in her hands, Jan opens the locket.
Lucinia Malveaux

Inside was a little portrait of Lucinia.

Slowly, Lucinia drew forth a very similar looking necklace, opening it with just as much care. Inside was a tiny portrait of Jan.

"They fit together, see?" Smiling, Lucinia brought their hands together. With a tiny click, the two pieces did in fact fit together, forming a complete heart.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan blinks a few times at all the dust which was definitely now in the room.

"It's so cheesy and romantic...oh and I love it."
She reaches out to gently take Lucinia's hand, eyes not leaving the merged locket.
"It's a good gift I just - you know how my allergies act up."
She blinks a few more times.

"A perfect fit, two halves of a whole?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia smiled, gently taking Jan's hand again. "I do know. And yes. Two halves of a whole." She leaned forward, kissing her lover gently.

She sat back. "She did also refer to you as my better half. In some ways, she's quite right, but I'm still going to get her back for that later." Lucinia smirked.

Then her brows drew down. "Did she tell you that she's pregnant?"
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan returns the gesture with obvious affection, even if she can't restrain a somewhat triumph smile at the mention of a better half.

"Of course dear, you must make sure to respond accordingly. The nerve of younger sisters."
She does her best to look innocent before she blinks twice at the following news.

"Pregnant? I...no, she neglected to mention that."
Jan takes a while to process that before adding gently:
"So, you are to be an aunt then?"
Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmmm..." Lucinia studied her lover through narrowed eyes, but the corners of her lips did twitch, privately amused.

"I am." Luci said, blinking. "It's... a strange thought. Especially now, with everything that's happened. This Eternal Empire." Lucinia's lips pressed together a moment, then her expression softened again.

"I told her she can join us aboard our ship. For a while, at least."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"No of course. It's a lot. Family, the war. Things being different."
Jan hesitates for a moment before nodding again.

"But she would absolutely stay on the ship, she can more than handle herself. But we all handle things better together. Yes..."
She shakes her head slightly, looking back at Lucinia.
"Your-our family's growing then? And the timing with what we talked about it's, well, nothing is ever simple, is it?"
Lucinia Malveaux

"It is not simple, now." A few moments, and then Luci smiled. "And yet, it is simple."

She tilted her chin upwards, highlighting her aristocratic profile. "If you think that a galactic threat rivaling both the Empire and the Republic in power and threating all civilization is going to stop me from doing what I want, well!" Lucinia laughed softly. "I assure you my dear, anyone who thinks that would be quite mistaken."

Tilting her head, she looked at Jan. "What we discussed... I think I want that very much, yes."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"You do? I mean-" Jan's mouth drops open slightly. "-You do? Oh, you do!"
Surprise, affection and trepidation all flash across her face in an instant as she meets Lucinia's gaze.

"When we both want the same thing, it all happens. So it's going to happen."
She glances down at the lockets and then back across the table, as it all hits her at once.
"It's going to happen..."
Lucinia Malveaux

Watching Jan's face carefully, Lucinia smiled. She reached across the table, taking both of her lover's hands at once.

"Of course it's going to happen, my dear." She briefly closed her eyes, then opened them again, still smiling. "When one of us wants a thing, well, it will probably happen. When both of us want something, well! I hardly think there's anything that can stop it from happening."

Slowly, she reclaimed her hands. "So, that's decided. Once we're off this iceball. And... somewhere somewhat safe, at least."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Of course, we wouldn't want to spoil any prospective child with your fine goat based meals. They'd become lazy and indolent."
Jan squeezes back gently, a wide smile spreading across her face as she sits back, for once looking somewhat relaxed.

"There's so much to do. So many plans in motion. I am looking forward to us, and maybe one new addition to the family spending a few pleasant weeks on a beach somewhere. I'm not 100% sure what family things are. But I know lounging and relaxing are two of them and I think that shall be an excellent way to start things."