Nudimsu

[D8, LA] Mending My Heart On Wounded Knee (Closed)

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudie limped his way over from the hospital bed over back to the hangar bay. Limping ever slowly to the door of the Rimma Roundabout. Never really though to ask about that name. It was a strange one, but then again, no one ever thought to ask about the Turtle name either. Didn't really matter, though. It was time to ask one of his only friends a favor.

Easy enough, really; just a quick in and out.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Riss

Re: [D8, LA] Mending My Heart On Wounded Knee (Closed)

Post by Riss »

With everything going on Riss came back to the Rimma to double check all that she still had within the ship. Given the nature of the base, there was some space afforded for folk who needed whatever she might have within. Given that they have the Kolto tank still aboard, that was oft an important thing in a time like now. With a datapad in hand she's busy looking over some lists when Nudimsu enters. Sat on the arm of a chair she has both her legs stretched out straight against the floor.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu limped up the ramp and waved at her before finding the closest chair and sat down leaned back and winced a little. "Hey Riss." He nodded. "Seem to be fairing well after today."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss almost uncaring tosses the datapad aside, coming over to Nudimsu she leans in a bed as if to give their voices less distance to travel. "Hey, you seen yourself to a doctor yet? Kriff.. Omandri is probably busy with everyrhing-" she shakes her head, glancing him over.

"Why are you here?" she asks, more concerned and uncertain than anything.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He waves her off. "Omandri has done the best he could for me. I just got out of surgery not long ago and I'll make a full recovery soon. Just a little sore, is all. Nothing a good rest won't cure. He has a more to do, and I can at least walk a little; Just didn't want to simply take up a bed when I could be doing other things."

Nudimsu shrugged at her question. "Well, what I'm doing here is twofold. One, I wished to check up on my friend. You were shot at, if I saw correctly. Just making sure you if you were in better shape than me." He gave a glance over her body as if to study it for a moment. "Seem to be fine, physically, so any I may have had concern was unwarranted." He stared at her and gave a small smile. "Should the worst have happened, however rest assured I would have done my duty as your friend and went to the top shelf of your ship's bar and poured myself a drink in your honor with whatever looked the most expensive."

There was a laugh after that comment and a smile. It was easy to relax around her. "Suppose the other thing has to relate to Omandri. His hands are full and he can only do so much, but I remembered you had a Kolto tank on board. With the one in the medical center being empty, I wished to know if you could volunteer it for today. I know we have several of our front liners still wounded and may not be ready to face what happens tomorrow."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"It's always available to those in need," she says, giving some direction for Nudimsu to join her over by her bar. Noticeably immediately to Nudimsu would be that Riss' bar was finally and totally empty. Laying her hands down on the opposite side like she was tending it she leans in, and awaits for Nudimsu to join her.

"Though.. I do wonder why you feel the need to ask me? Though- right now Kat is using it, and sorry but no one else is more important," she says, the touch of a smile.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that your friend got that hurt. I finally met her a little while ago, actually, I forgot to sat. I can see why you like her; it is rare I meet a Force user who's intelligent." He nods. "Well, if I were to simply hop in, I know you would not mind. I would be taking some of your refills, which I felt I would need to ask for first. It felt like it would have been rude to simply walk up and take it without checking."

He smiles at her. "I know Pipka and Layne could use the extra help getting back up, not to mention we may have more coming in. Pipka also was with Kat, I believe. He looked rather beat up, himself."

He plopped himself down next to her, limping down the way with a exhausted plop.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Why would Layne Hoshin need to be able to get back up to speed?" she asks, her eyes narrowing quite severely on Nudimsu.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He widen his eyes a bit at looking at her, unsure why the sudden change in heat occurred on her face. "Because she's helping with the base defense, of course. Ended up saving a lot of people today because of it, her quite apparent flaws aside." He shrugged and eyes the empty bar a little. "Don't worry, she didn't use her lightsaber, just a stick. And it was self-defense. She could do the same thing again to help with the ungrateful masses, and less causalities on that end would be acceptable."

It all made sense to him perfectly: get the powerful Jedi...ish meat shield in front of the bad pirates and Zakuulians with her stick and he gets shot at less.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"We have plenty of others who would help too. At least if Layne is too weak to be a danger to them, she's less of a danger to us," she says, a touch strictly to the point that the idea of her as a mother was a bit scary.

"Layne Hoshin isn't welcome on this ship, and no good deed she might have done will wash away the blood of the woman she bound and murdered," she says, with grave finality.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Oh, I had assumed that your problems ended in the court. Rest assured, I have no thoughts to allow her in here now. Instead, the refill for the medbay would do what I need. She is not the only one that will need it, after all, and 2 Kolto tanks running cuts back the time." He pauses. "I suppose we are in agreement of her penance for her crimes should not be easy, but I will note, we do likely have another attack coming together."

He looks at her squarely. "The dead are thusly so, and no actions can change that. Barring some crazy Force Chaos, naturally. No reason one shouldn't believe that it's possible, at this point..." His eyes widened as he sighed. "Look, I'm not asking for her redemption in your eyes for her. Not my place to ask, and quite frankly, I don't care enough to do it. I'm asking to get someone willing to throw themselves into battle that you...apparently do not like and is very willing to attempt to prove herself. Most importantly, it lets her get the shit beat out of her again with people that want you and me dead..."

He stopped and looked at her. "...And she has to do it with no armor and wielding a stick."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Sounds a lotta sick and twisted when you put it like that Blue-boy," she says as affectionately as possible. "Layne Hoshin is a woman who murdered another woman for no discernibly good reason. If she is in the possession of the ability to be of help- at all - she is a walking danger to anyone who she shares a space with."

"You may be willing to take that risk, but I do refuse to be party to anything she might do if I allowed her access to the resources I might still control," she says, sounding a touch unlike herself. That air of sense that Nudimsu was, despite all that she was, still talking to a woman who could wield the title of Countess with some grace.

"The Sith might be willing to risk the lives.of.innocents, but- I'm not gonna put that on my conscience. She's a deeply disturbed and disturbing woman. Layne Hoshin should do us all the favor and stay out of it, and maybe when we get home we can still convict her for her crime."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"It is not sick, I believe, but would allow Layne to find what she was looking for and still do what I believe is justice; perfectly rational, in fact. Besides, I doubt she would die out there." There was a deep sigh as he stared at her. "However, if there is no leeway with you on that, I would still emphasize that we should still use the second Kolto tank, regardless. If you wish to specifically state in your conditions of using any spare Kolto is that Layne cannot be allowed use it, I will convey it After all, I doubt you would want others to suffer for her transgressions more than they already have."

It was a rare moment to see her so formal. It was...different than what he was used to when she was in business mode. It was good to see she had grown into the position, despite the stress it brought her. Distractions such as that often put the mind at ease, especially when they were for others they cared about.

"I assume you donated the lot, then, at that dance party?"

Riss

Post by Riss »

"No- I'm not exactly stingy, and if I don't know Layne wound up using Kolto I donated then I don't really need to know to care, mm?" she shrugs. "Once it's out of my hands its not my choice or problem anymore. Anyway.." she gives, nodding over her shoulder to the empty shelves, "Threw a little party for the folk just before things got worse. Wanted to lift spirits much as I could.. tried to do what I could, mm?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Suppose not." He smiled and laughed a little. She was very clever. "Well, I think it went well. Everyone needed a morale boost, especially with what happened afterwards. And now, here we are in the thick of things." He leaned his body from his stool into hers playfully before leaning up and grabbing his datapad.

"Never thought I would miss Alderaan." He began to punch a message in.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Not sure I do- honest. Could do without my friends being in danger, my family but.. kriff, I do miss this kind of excitement. Being home doesn't quite bring it around, much as I'm really good at playing the part of Countess," she says, a soft smirk.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He nodded and stared at her. "It does suit you, though. You should look at leadership as being a journey, instead of a destination; it may help ease that heart that yearns to travel." He shrugs. "Unfortunately, your family will need you for now to be home when we leave."

He placed his datapad down and smiled. "Though, when this is truly over, I may find a reason to head to Alderaan. Lana will no doubt wish to see the future queen, after all. While there, I am sure someone as clever as you may find a reason you need to travel with me for a time. If, however, errands are come across that I must do whe in route to our destination, well, we will just have no choice but to do them along the way."

He kept his smile and stared her down. "Such activites keep the mind sharp, after all." His datapad began to ring after that and he paused to grab it. "Omandri says thank you. He'll send someone over to pick it up shortly."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Not- shortly. Whenever Kat is done using it. She's still in there after her fight," she smile, shrugging. "As long as you mean the tank- but if you just mean some spare Kolto to make do.. well, whatever you need. Just make sure we have enough mmm?" she says, on the touch more serious topic. Though, settling.

"I would like that though, Nudimsu. You'll always be welcome in House Lanar as long as it belongs to me and mine. Be good to come up with some kind of errand I could run now and again," she adds with a wink.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"I was referring to just the refills, of course, but if you wish, we could take it and keep Kat still inside, run her down the way on display in a Kolto tank, half-naked for all to see and install it in the med center. Though, I do not think she would appreciate it."

He stares at her, a small smile forming as he does. "Then again, I would like to think that she already perceived such a scenario simply by the fact that she is your friend. I...suppose I should mentally prepare myself for this eventuality."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"For my sake- please take that image out of your head," she says, smirking. Giving a little show of her hand and closing it dramatically. "Just say you're lucky I can hear through your.. lacking tone Nudie," she chuckles, and gives a small shake of her head.

"Anyway.. rather than all that, how've you been?" she asks, and settles in a little.

/fade to off-screen Convo?
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

There is a long stare at Riss and a sigh. "...You're lucky I like you after calling me Nudie." He shook his head. "I'm fine. Having some thoughts about Lana...don't suppose you know were I could get a kyber crystal?"

/ftc