Katarzyna Panteer

[D8 ME] Beaten, Broken, But Unbent (closed)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

In the warmth of her room, Kat stood by herself and gingerly shed the shell of her armor, feeling the pain of bruises and wounds protesting the movements. She was alive, but she wasn't sure if it felt like a victory... war had a way of leaving one feeling so hollow.

Once the pieces of armor were all removed and placed aside on their stand, the Jedi robes underneath were opened and she looked at herself in the mirror. Already bruised spots were becoming visible, and her naked fingers probed at them and other red and swollen areas, testing the severity of her injuries. Nothing that kolto and rest couldn't heal, it seemed.

Her hand rose and touch a tender spot on her jaw as she stared at herself, lost in thought. Or rather, finding her views challenged and she wasn't sure where to take them.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Riss

Re: [D8 ME] Beaten, Broken, But Unbent (closed)

Post by Riss »

Kat might have heard the boots hitting the metal outside the hall, the seeking nature of it. Only moments later though she would have any suspicions confirmed as the door opens to reveal Riss. Without much thought she pushes into the room, with that scattered mind of searching, "Kat are you in-" but pauses in the door way. One hand resting on the doors frame she holds herself as an anchor point. One foot into the room, the other with heel off the ground just outside the entryway.

Riss paused there, staring without reserve at the same sight Kat was witnessing for herself. Caught in that freeze of time Riss took in a steady breath which was noticeable enough in the quiet. Riss held no jacket, just the undershirt which revealed a fair amount. There were some light bruises on herself, but nothing in comparison to Kat. Riss, luckily, made it through everything with barely a scratch.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Normally, Kat was much more aware of her surroundings, the ebb and flow of the Force around her, as well as the presence of those dear to her in it. It felt more like a delayed reaction this time, as she became aware of Riss just as she opened the door. Still, she took a moment to gather herself, breathing in deeply as the silence lingered there, before she turns to look at her friend. Seeing that Riss was mostly unharmed was a great relief she felt, as if she was letting go of a heavy rock she didn't know she had been holding.

"Thank goodness, you're alright, Riss. It's..." she shakes her head and runs a hand through her now loose blonde hair, feeling a tangle or two there. "Today's been a rough day. For everyone. I'm glad you're safe." While the words were quiet, it did not dampen the genuine truth of them.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Stepping into the room Riss didn't have too many qualms about putting hands on Kat immediately. One gently easing onto her side where she could best guess there weren't too many bruises nearby, hooking her hip to steady herself with the closeness. While the focus of her attention was on the other cupping Kat's jaw with her index and thumb. Carefully avoiding touching on the bruises but with gentle insistence turning Kat's head so she could get a look at them. Riss' breathing was steady, calm, but there was a focus and intent in her eye.

"You're an idiot, you know that? Big stupid idiot who's gonna get herself killed being a big damn hero," she says, with a light warmth to her tone but the edge of sincerity.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

There was no resistance to Riss' touch or caress, and a sense of tension fades with the close proximity. "Maybe..." she murmurs, looking down, then up to meet her gaze. "But a war is coming, Riss. I can't sit by idly."

Her shoulders rise with a deep sigh, and she leans in, wrapping her arms around Riss as she lets her head fall to rest of Riss as well. "There is so much to lose. For everyone. And Zakuul won't stop or show mercy."

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss welcomes her in close, wrapping her arms low and up along Kat's back to guide her in and hold her close. "That's why I'm calling you out for being such an idiot, you know?" she says softly, a touch of a chuckle that wasn't certain why it was here.

"What happens when you die? Eternal Empire still takes everything, and your kid grows up without a mom. Gaul needs you okay, your kid needs you okay," she says, all while pulling back a little. Using a hand she slides in between the both of them so she can grab Kat's chin between her index and thumb, "I need you to be okay too," she says, a slight tremble in her voice.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat tenses up in their embrace as her fingers curl up over Riss' back, her breath becoming more strained. "But what if something happens to them, or you, because I did not do all I could? I... just can't bear the thought of knowing I could have done more, if anything happens." And it wasn't just the three of them either.

The sensation of the ortolans' death lingered in a way. Not like an echo, but more like how a wound still felt sore. "I'm sorry, I..." she stops herself, taking a deep breath before she lifts her head again to be able to look at Riss. "You know I can't just stand by, and see innocent lives lost. Those refugees just wanted freedom, and the pirates answered with revenge. Those ortolans wanted help and..." Kat clenches her jaw for a moment, "they all died. I wasn't able to save them. I felt them die, and I couldn't do anything to stop it."

She had never been one to cry easily, always so in control of herself, but now Kat was choking up even if there were no tears.

Riss

Post by Riss »

Leaving Kat's chin Riss gently brushes hair away from Kat's face. Doing so ever so carefully as to avoid accidentally brushing over a bruise, finger hovering just away from Kat's skin that there wasn't ever quite contact but the presence could be felt.

"You can't save everyone," she says, softly and encouragingly. Eyes tracing over Kat's features, winding back to her eyes to broach that intense sincerity in her voice, "Stay alive.. get back to your kid, your family. Right now? I'd use all the boldness I'm known for to say that's all that matters," she chuckles with that confidence shining through. Words that felt almost too easy to accept as they were, that was Riss.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

"I'm not the only one with family to go home to. That I want to go home to," Kat retorts, frustrated and upset over her own empathic compassion for everyone. It would be so easy to just say kriff everyone else and go home, but she just couldn't bring herself to fully embrace that.

Perhaps it was just the way she had always strived to live up to her parents' legacy. Or that she was a Jedi... or just because that was who Katarzyna was. She was someone who cared deeply, who had a lot of love to give.

"We won't make it through this conflict if it's just every person for themselves, Riss."

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss smiles with an emotion that Kat's seen once or twice, but wasn't quite too easy to place. Was always funny how life did that to you, wasn't it? Found a way to place you firmly in someone else's shoes for a few seconds with such clarity it was hard to ignore.

"You care too much, you know that?" she says. Brushing a bit of Kat's hair behind her ear while looking over her features fondly, a warmth there. No judgement was held in her heart, Kat was always just such a Jedi, so good to hear core. Riss wasn't. That's just how things were.

"I don't think that it's gonna go out way, Kat. Sometimes.. you gotta fold," she says softly, not looking her in the eye. Breathing in deep she lets it out slow. "I'm here for you.now though, mm? Need ice.. anything?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Her lips press together for a moment, that brief moment of self-control. "I don't... I don't think that a card-game analogy is the best," she says half-heartedly, too tired to really argue about it even if she disagreed. Yielding to Zakuul would be to yield to whatever fascist regime Vitiate had created - which seemed to be a society so indoctrinated into loyalty to him, while they had also been lulled into security to the point where thinking anything else was unthinkable.

The arrogance of Vaylin and Senya only proved that.

"Some ice might be good, yeah..." she loosens her arms around Riss, deciding to let the subject go and focus on the moment instead. "Took more of a beating against the pirates than against Zakuul, to be honest."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Okay," she says, smiling a little and kissing the other woman gently on the cheek. Laying a hand carefully on her shoulder, "I'll go get that ice and be right back, okay?" she asks with a warmth to her smile, and then departs quickly. Leaving Kat alone for a few minutes while she fetches the ice.

Coming back with it she sets it down, and guides Kat to the bed if she wasn't already there. Looking around for the best place for the ice to hold against. "When you're playing cards," she says, a sharp inhale between teeth as she prepares herself for the commentm "Sometimes you need to know when to fold. You don't lose by folding, you only bide your time and wait for a better opportunity later," she says, meeting Kat's eye at the moment.

"You might.. disagree, but," she sighs, "we can't win later if we lose everyone now, ya know? And we're not winning.."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat was sitting on the bed when Riss returned, having brushed her hair at least so it was not quite the mess it had been earlier.

A gentle hand guides Riss' to a spot on her back to place the ice and she hisses slightly as they find just the right spot. "Playing cards is not the same as war... giving ground and yielding in a war can be too costly to recover from, depending on what you lose." She sighs, not really wanting to talk about it. "Whatever Zakuul is - it is something created to the vision of the late Sith Emperor. Nothing that comes from that mind can have anything good in store for the galaxy as a whole."

On this point, she was absolutely certain.

"I don't know cards well, but I know war, Riss. They are the ones who chose war, instead of peace - by attacking unprovoked instead of sending diplomats."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"You'll never catch me saying that they did the right thing Kat," she says softly, making sure to have steady hand over the bruise where Kat had directed her. Keeping that easy steadiness so that she didn't push too hard or not touch enough. Letting it ease into it with that comfort of presence, and the little bit of love therein.

Giving that attention for a minute, two, however long felt most appropriate. Coming to a break for an ease, Riss would lean forward with her head and gently rest it on Kat's shoulder. Meanwhile, at the door, a borrowed service droid that managed to survive wheels in and delivers a glass with two pills beside it. Kat would likely recognize them as a painkiller taken from Riss' cabinet. Soon as Kat accepted these items, the droid would wheel back off away to wherever it's next task might lay.

In the peace of the moment, she just breathes easy with Kat.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

She sighs and nods, knowing that they both viewed matters differently. Though they did agree on that particular point. Her head bumps a bit against Riss' own in a gentle nudge, showing that silent appreciation for her being there right now in this moment, helping her mend her physical bruises as well as the emotional ones.

"Thank you," Kat murmurs softly in return, picking up the painkillers and the glass. "... Never feel I take you for granted, hm?" she says, managing a smile as she brings the pills to her mouth with the water following right behind to swallow it down.

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss smirks, teasing in leaning against her with her bodyweight a little, "You know, I could stand to be reminded a little more often though, mm?" giving the softest, most thoughtful squeeze she could while Kat swallows the pills.

Resting her head gently close, knowing making sure her breathing feel upon Kat's neck so there was that added layer of presence from her.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

"Well, let this be the reminder," she chuckles as she wraps an arm around Riss and pulls her in closer into a sideway hug. "You are appreciated, Riss. Thank you for all you do." A small peck was placed on Riss' cheek.

The hug becomes a little tighter as Kat breathes in deeply, letting the painkillers do their job. "Saw you out there helping folks earlier today too. Putting yourself at risk," a small smirks creeps onto her lips. "Some might say you're running the risk of becoming a good and selfless person, you know."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Yea- I don't think that's ever really gonna be me, mm?" she chuckles, shaking her head. "I mean, maybe if I'm caught in the line of danger anyway it might be ya know? Gimmie a day where crazy droid soldiers are shootin' and blastin' everything any time you want me to try and be a good person," she chuckles, shaking her head, the hair brushing against Kat.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

The warm laughter dispels the heavy mood of the room, and the base, for a few seconds. "I'll keep that in mind. But I hope that was the craziest thing you got up to today...? Or should I be concerned?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The system alerts Riss she has a visitor.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Riss

Post by Riss »

"You don't need or have any more reason to be concerned about what I got up to today," she says, a teasing sort of sing songs little lead to her tone as she speaks it. "Now tomorrow-" she starts, giving that energy to what she might say but holds the note long enough for the joke to set.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat only gets the chance to look at Riss with a raised eyebrow as the system alert comes in. Her expression softens into a smile, "go on. You should probably answer."

Riss

Post by Riss »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:05 pm
The system alerts Riss she has a visitor.
Unexpected, she gives Kat a quick hug of the shoulders and unwinds herself from the woman. Taking a quick moment in front of the mirror she makes sure to look presentable, and gives a look back to Kat to make extra sure. Confident in her appearance she exits the room leaving Kat to her privacy for the moment. Though, of course, the woman was free to join her when she was ready.

Walking out to the entryway she opens it herself rather than simply buzzing them entry from elsewhere on the ship.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

Waiting at the bottom is Bozr and he spoke warmly, “I never did take that tour of your fine ship.”

“At least I’m not sure I did,” he said, holding up a jug of Echo Juice.

“Permission to come aboard, Captain.”
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss smiles matching that tone, leaning in to the side of the doors frame with her elbow. Definitely the image of the cocky smuggler, "Now, this is definitely an unexpected but welcome surprise. Permission granted, Captain," she says, tossing a indication behind her into the ship and leaning away to give him room to enter. Stepping just aside she starts leading him toward the bar, which was unfortunately empty now- all the better to have the echo juice.

"We're not exactly alone in case you see Kat about," she adds leading him inside.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."