Katarzyna Panteer

[D7 ME] To Whomever It May Concern (Closed)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

In the room she had to herself, Kat stood ready in front of the holorecorder. She still needed to take a moment to breathe and steady her nerves, holding a hand over her heart as she felt the racing heartbeat. Finally, feeling that she found her balance, she pressed record.

"Hey... Gaul, and Vishani," she smiled, presenting her usual calm and serenity. "If you are watching this now, it means that I must have fallen on Hoth, unable to keep my promise to return to you. As you might have become aware of before I recorded this, the humanitarian mission took a turn for the worse and the situation developed into something much more. Something much bigger than just a band of pirates."

"I could go into all I know about the situation so far, but... that's not the point of this message." A pause as she pressed her lips together. Hope still burned within her, but that didn't mean she couldn't have her moments of doubt.

"Gaul, I love you so much, and the time we had... was amazing. I thought as a Jedi that I could never pursue the path we took together, and every day I considered myself so lucky to have found someone like you. Someone who made me laugh like you do, support me like you do, and understand me like you do. I know you say that I was the one who saved you and helped you better yourself, but believe me when I say that you also made me better than I was when we met. If I cannot be there, I must ask you to look after my friends, and their families. They will need you, as they needed me." Her hands folded in front of her as she could see him before her. "You have my absolute faith that you will be the strength, leadership, and wisdom Alderaan needs. And everything that our dear Vishani needs. Remind her that even if she cannot see me or touch me, I am there, watching over you both."

Her breath almost waivered. "And Vishani. My dear sweet Vishani. I know in my heart that you will be a beacon of hope in the galaxy one day, the princess of fire and gold," Kat chuckled as she spoke the words of the lullaby she'd sing for her, an old Ulgo-song that had passed down for generations. "My little kitten, I know you will create all sorts of problems for your father as you grow into a lion. Please remember to be kind and patient with him, for he wants only what is best for you."

Once more Kat was silent, pausing as she held back tears. "I am... so sorry, I won't be there to see you grow up, see the queen you will be one day. And I know you'll hate me for it for a long time, and maybe never understand it, but... trust in me when I say that if giving up my life meant the safety of you two, then it is a price I would pay several times over if I had more than one life to give. Hoth has become... a battleground, much like the rest of the galaxy. And the few of us here are coming together, Sith and Jedi alike, to put a stop to this, and from here on move out into the galaxy to save our homes and families. Everyone's homes and families. This enemy is an enemy of us all, it cares not for our own divisions. Only together can we win - only together can we find a peace."

"Remember, peace is a fragile thing, and it is worth fighting for. My loves... I miss you so much. I love you so much."

She breathed in deeply again. "Goodbye."

And with that, Kat reached forward and ended the recording. It was a heavy feeling that settled over her, but she knew there would be no time to let it linger. The recording would be placed along with her belongings, with a note of who it was meant for.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."