Riss

News From The Front [Day 6, LA, Closed]

Post by Riss »

Riss sent word out to those she felt could most make use of this information as best they could. Naturally, Kat was one of the first she asked to attend and she'd been some help preparing the space for what was about to unfold. Using the ships sound system she arranged it to have a pleasant enough background tune to not distract from the gravity of the situation but also aimed to hopefully help keep things calmer. Gathering up her gusto she awaits the arrival of the important personages of the Republic in her ships meeting room, greeting at the door being done by Kat herself.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Leontyne Saresh

Re: News From The Front [Day 6, LA, Closed]

Post by Leontyne Saresh »

Saresh was prompt and arrived early.
Twi'lek | Senator | Seasoned Politician | Fearless | Ambitious | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Kat was there to welcome the senator, though if asked what the intention of the meeting was, she had to admit she had no idea... though she was certain that Riss wouldn't call a meeting like this for fun.

But not 100% certain.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Our Republic is falling," she says, holding a datapad in her hand she flicks one of the reports onto the main screen at the center of her desk. This particular report questions if the core world's invasions are actually being perpetrated by the Sith Empire. Riss flicks one up to the screen again given time for everyone to settle with the first. This is a news cast of the Eternal Empires message being delivered to the people of Coruscant.

"I.. took this off of the desk of Captain Syrian of the White Maw, and I have no reason to not believe it's accurate. I don't know what to do with this- it feels like we're trapped while the galaxy we knew is being torn asunder," she says with the cadence of a Countess, a grim tone. A few taps away on the datapad, she flicks across the screen once more. Up on the display there are reports of how the Republic military is falling back to Alderaan for a last ditch offensive.

Riss leaves it quiet after that revelation.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat's expression went from neutral to concerned as she watched the reports. It was as Durasay had predicted... the galaxy was burning. And Alderaan... no, Alderaan would have to hold. She had to have faith in those there - her family, the paladins, and the Force. Everyone. If they lost hope, then all would be lost completely.

There had to be something they could do. Her fingers whitened slightly as she gripped the table, composing herself with a deep breath. They were not enough people here to change the outcome of what was happening right now, but... we must be dawn, not only on Hoth, but for what comes after.

"I'm assuming the Sith Empire is no better off at this point," she said grimly with an even tone.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Leontyne Saresh

Saresh looks over the datapad a few times before setting it down and thinking.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

By the time they could get all the ships and more online for hyperspace travel, it might be too late to stop anything. But they could be the torch of a resistance against the Eternal Empire.

And they did have Senya and Vaylin on their side now... right? That had to count for something.

"I have some ideas, but it should not be decided by us alone... because I think we will need everyone in this base, as well as those outside of it." Maybe the pirates, who had seemed to be in league with Vaylin and the Eternal Empire could be turned around? And then there was these mysterious Gree...

Riss

Post by Riss »

"I don't know anything about the Empire," she breathes in slow, keeping herself steady. "Unfortunately. Only bad news this time, eh?" she says, but doesn't seem too entirely thrilled with the words herself either.

"I do have something maybe," she says, and pulls up another datapad and flicks that onto the screen. Sitting around at all corners of the desk were other similar such datapads for more direct viewing. "The Immortal has been talking to some alien race. Seems like they've been making deals with them for some time but are now considering selling them out to this new enemy," she hesitates a moment and looks to Kat. Almost sensing where she must be thinking, "I don't think the pirates are going to help at all. Pirates like these.. well, they probably feel the shift on the wind and they're endearing themselves as much as they can to the winning side," she huffs, "it's the safest bet they could make.."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno was there to listen. He was more interested in learning than trying to solve any problems at the moment. There were so many swimming in his head. But he wanted to at least be aware of as many as possible. So he sat and took it all in.

[OOC: he's present assuming timey wimey stuff doesn't prevent it. Just listening for now to avoid a lot of retcon.]
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Leontyne Saresh

"This just gives our mission more gravity," Saresh said.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat raised an eyebrow at that, but couldn't deny that it did have some truth to it. If the pirates were truly fully in the pocket of the Eternal Empire, that is.

"We should make contact with this alien race then... the Gree, I think some have said? And see if an alliance could be possible. With them, we could be able to take on the pirates here on Hoth. The Gree or the pirates should have some parts for us to use to get all of us flying and hyperspace worthy again."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"I do think, Saresh.." she glances from Saresh to Kat. Letting that little bit of uncertainty shine through but she'd been running her family for five years now, she could speak to such topics. There was definitely reason enough that she could find the confidence in the suggestion, "We may want to consider how to address this with the rest of the base. Without the right timing.. wording. With only information present about the Republic, this could hurt morale at a real bad time if the pirates wanted to make use of it."

"Worse.. it could embolden some of the Imperial players against us," she doesn't look at anyone else in the room when she says, "and we've already had one incident with decorated Republic personnel being the target of violence. We could jeopardize our safety.. maybe, if this got into the wrong hands too soon."

A montage of very sithy faces players through Riss' mind at that assertion.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Leontyne Saresh

"We don't have confirmation there are not also attacks the Empire, as well," she responded. "And the rumors on the base say this Eternal Empire is going after everyone."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Katarzyna Panteer

"That is the impression we have, yes," Kat agreed with the senator's assessment.

"But I think it will hurt morale more to hide this information, actually. Some secrets are not worth keeping, as they'll sit like a rot, growing worse and worse. The matter with Master Hoshin is a blow to us all, for sure, but we must continue to do the right thing. Not only for ourselves, but for this entire base." Her voice was even and calm as she spoke, not missing the gravity of the situation at all. The hands relaxed their grip on the table for a bit.

"We should try to work out a proper alliance. To put us more on the offensive against the enemy forces here, and to have more of a united front in dealing with our potential allies. To stay together after we manage to leave this planet as well - the galaxy might need us to do that."