Pipka

[D8, EN] When Love Fails

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:16 pm
"That is our purpose, create an optimal killer," the system replied.
Pipka sat at the comms stations for some time, petting Petunia and working up the resolve for this call. It wouldn't be his typical midnight call to Sysadmin where he would read some and chat about the daily activities of Echo Base. The time had came to turn a corner.

On that first day, when Pipka had charged in ready and willing to blow away a frenzied wampa, the sudden revelation of who they were facing had immediately formed a soft spot in his heart for this melding of beast and machine. He wanted it to be free, to grow beyond its programming, to see the wonders of the world after such a harsh birth into it. Despite that, there didn't seem to be a lot of progress over the past two weeks and Pipka had begun to think maybe what Sysadmin needed was closure. A chance to fulfill it's purpose so it could move on, one way or another. But what would be the cost of that closure?

The events of the day had left a mark on the people of Echo Base and on Hoth, even on the terrain itself. What he was about to propose wasn't an act of vengeance, Pipka had never harbored a vengeful feeling in his life. A yearning for justice, but never vengeance. This was to be a desperate play for survival. He had already lost his friends the Ortolans and he wasn't ready to lose any more.

"Hello, come in Sysadmin."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Dapper Dog

Re: [D8, EN] When Love Fails

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sysadmin replied, "Welcome Pipka."
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:19 pm
Sysadmin replied, "Welcome Pipka."
"How are you doing tonight Sysadmin?" It lacked his usually enthusiasm, "It's been an... eventful day here. Did you have anything happen at your facility today? Any unwanted visitors?"
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"We have not had any visitors, this is expected," the computer replied. "Our purpose continues."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:37 pm
"We have not had any visitors, this is expected," the computer replied. "Our purpose continues."
"That's good, we had visitors; very, very hostile vistors."

'I'm not making the choice for them, I'm giving them the option... even if I know which one they'll probably choose. We're not using them, we're helping them fulfill their purpose.' Pipka reasoned to himself before continuing.

"I mentioned before that we came here to negotiate with the White Maw pirates on Hoth, because they blew up that ship of refugees. Well, it turns out they were working with this other group, Zakuul, and the Zakuul have come here to conquer our worlds. They are... formidable. They attacked Echo Base... and they destroyed at least one other group on Hoth, the Ortolans and their Power Station if you are familiar, if not others. I don't remember if I told you about the Ortolan's power station, I had friends there. My buddy Gibzy had family."

He stops himself from going too far off on a tangent like he usually would have, "Zakuul has their own version of Jedi Knights and they have battle droids and walkers with devastating power. If you want an opportunity to test your abilities, to find the optimal method for killing, they would certainly be a significant source of data. "

He paused, waiting to see how Sysadmin would react to this new information. Half hoping that the long talks they'd had and the little chunks of culture he had exposed them to would prevail, half hoping they would step in and help him, because he needed help, badly.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"We lack real world application, this would be ideal but we fear that damage may come to this platform if it leaves shelter," the system responded.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:00 pm
"We lack real world application, this would be ideal but we fear that damage may come to this platform if it leaves shelter," the system responded.
A wave of relief washed over Pipka. Even if not quite for the right reason, at least they were not choosing to go blindly on a rampage. Maybe there was still hope for them yet. Maybe he needed something other than Jerri's stories to break through to them... What was he thinking, that must have been the desperation talking. Jerri had taught him everything he needed to know about the world after he joined the Turtle and he could do the same for Sysadmin.

Then the dread set in. He still needed help, he wasn't strong enough, he failed the Ortolans and he would fail the others he came to care so much for if he had to fight against the Zakuul again.

A thought came to Pipka, a possible solution for multiple problems. "If you are worried about that platform, what about another platform. Could you use me to... gather data from the Zakuul. Make me a part of you like you did with mekawampa? Make me strong enough to fight against this enemy?" If he was a part of Sysadmin, neither of them would be alone and maybe he could find a way to get through to them from the inside, a way to break away from their programmed purpose. And more immediately, maybe they would be able to give Pipka the upperhand against this dreadful new enemy, some way to survive long enough to make a difference and not let anyone else suffer because of his weakness.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"You would submit to such a process?" the system admin responded. "Our facility would need... additions."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:24 pm
"You would submit to such a process?" the system admin responded. "Our facility would need... additions."
Submit... Pipka thought about the different conversations he'd had since coming to Hoth. A lot of different philosophies between the Jedi and the Sith about freedom and choice, submission and domination, about the shackles, physical and mental, that we bore. But now wasn't the time for philosophizing, the lives of his friends, his family, and his little tribe of goats was on the line. If there was a sacrifice to be made that would make a difference, he was more than willing to step forward.

"I would. Tell me what you need and I'll bring it. If you need help, I can probably find one or two around here willing to lend a hand."
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

It transmits a list of basic items, medical equipment, nothing extreme. The system relayed, "We could make you a mobile platform, and collect real world data."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:40 pm
It transmits a list of basic items, medical equipment, nothing extreme. The system relayed, "We could make you a mobile platform, and collect real world data."
Pipka looks over the list, everything doable. He could load it up on the Rabbit and head over right away. "Thank you Sysadmin, I appreciate this. Let me send out a few messages, then I'll be there soon."

Pipka took out his datapad to send out those messages while he gathered the materials.
Gibzy, I don't know what's going to come next. I'm trying something that will help me protect everyone better than I did with your people. Please take good care of the goats, they're yours now, and the Hoth Chocolate stand too.
Love, Pipka
P.S. Don't let Ms. Face Tattos anywhere near them.
Nudimsu, I'm taking the Rabbit out, gathering some tactical assets for the battles to come. If something happens, I'm leaving my Vera Hawke collection to Lord Remmington and the goats to Gibzy Wizy Tik. There's a wrapped packaged in my bunk, it's for Hacha, it's the plans for the Infinity Engine from Vera Hawke, I hope he enjoys them. Thanks for everything.
There were a myriad of other messages sent to all the new friends he'd made on Hoth. Messages of love and encouragement.

/scene?
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

/scene