Pipka

[D7, MA] Inspire Love, Not Fear

Post by Pipka »

It had been slow going these past two weeks. Pipka kept an open line of communication, calling out to Sysadmin once or twice a day to talk about this and that.

Pipka was open and honest, he first admitted that he went there with the goal of slaying a rampaging wampa to take it's skull, but since it was a sentient being and not a dangerous animal he had abandoned that goal. Then he alternated between listening to Sysadmin about whatever they wanted to talk about, giving them updates of the going ons of Echo Base and Hoth at large, talking about Pipka's own past, and most importantly, reading the various works of Jerri Organa.

He waited a moment for any others who might want to chat with Sysadmin today to show up before making the call. In the meantime, he set out a light lunch of goat cheese pizza and cheesy pasta.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Zeno Thul

Re: [D7, MA] Inspire Love, Not Fear

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno wasn't really one for talking to AI, but he at least wants to stay apprised of the situation. He brought a bit of lunch with him, some sort of soup in a sealed thermos looking thing with a spout to drink from. It would be rude to bring something that can spill onto someone else's ship.

"Pipka. A bit of light reading?"
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen joined them. He was curious about how communication may have evolved. He had a small lunch with him as well, likely rations of some sort.

"Good afternoon." he said to them simply.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Befriending the awakened A.I of a security system? New in form but it might be the second time she's doing it...she thinks. Hydra was not really in a situation to confirm or infirm at the moment.

''Hello everyone''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno gave a small friendly two finger salute to the newcomers. "Hello there. How are we doing today?"

He then moves to a seat and sips from the thermos. He extends it to Baesal. "Driss broth porridge?"
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka was appreciative of all the people from the base concerned about the well-being of Sysadmin out in the Icy Wastes.

He walks around offering pizza and pasta to his guests, "I've made plenty. The sourdough starter just matured enough to get a pizza dough out of, so I'm excited to see how it turns out."

After seeing to the others, he settles down at the comms and asks, "Are we ready to check in?"
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal takes the thermos for Zeno but smells it first and made *not quite sure* face

"What is it made from?"

Otherwise she was impressed to see the fare Pipka had been able to create
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Driss. It's a squash that was engineered for hydroponics and is popular on Tatooine. Or maybe it was made there or originally from there? Don't remember. But whatever the story is, the squash has a good flavor for something made for hydroponics and they use the ground, dried husk for the starch," he says. It sounds like he's just repeating what someone in the kitchen explained to him, but less accurately.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka was interested in this 'driss' squash. He had fed some of the rinds to his goats, but hadn't tried any for himself yet. The flesh of the squash that is, not the rind.

"Oh, Mr. Zeno, before I forget, there's another one of those auctions I mentioned happening later... about six hours from now. You should stop by."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She still wasn't sure but...heh...why not

She took a swing before giving the thermos, rolling the porridge in her mouth

''The taste is not bad...just...the texture is unsusual''
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha looks haggard after a lot of hours spent to get base defenses online. "Pip, what's this about project "Mekawampa?""
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Oh, hi Hacha. Here, have some pizza. We're about to call up my new friend I was telling you about, the one that runs a research facility out in the wastes. Or he kind of is the facility. Anyway, you should eat, you've been working very hard."
description
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:58 am
She still wasn't sure but...heh...why not

She took a swing before giving the thermos, rolling the porridge in her mouth

''The taste is not bad...just...the texture is unsusual''
He nods at the assessment. "Yeah, but the texture is easy to get used to thanks to the decent flavor. Especially if it's got some good additional seasonings. It's a decent base for a bantha or dewback stew too."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:36 pm
The system will agree to communication but through a holo or other form of remote communication.
Now that everyone was present and comfortable, Pipka sat back down at the comms station and made the call, "Hello, Sysadmin, it's Pipka and company checking in. Today we have Prince Galen Panteer, Jedi Master Baesal Zyn, Duke-consort Zeno Thul, and mechanic extraordinaire Hacha Tsuko. We are all very interested in how you are doing today."
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"All systems are nominal, no intrusions," the system replied.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Ask about it's physical maintenance supplies. Does it have sufficient replacement materials for any damage?" Zeno suggests.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"They should be able to hear you just fine Mr. Zeno. We included full conference mode with our comms package."

Pipka turns back to address Sysadmin, despite not needing to actually face anywhere in particular. "But yes, are you in good repair, do you need any supplies? We have several very capable mechanics here who could help if you need. Have you been effected any by the White Maw's attacks?" he asks with a note of concern.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"You were the first guests in many cycles, we have capabilities for maintenance," the system responded. "This is an odd line of inquiry."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She replied ''It is normal to care for the well being of others. We just are not sure how to address that with someone like you so...we ask odd questions'' she smiled
Last edited by Baesal Zyn on Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Maintenance and supplies are two different concerns. And supplies are not unlimited in quantity," Zeno replies.

"The idea behind any proper diplomatic interaction is to see if there are ways to gain or trade beneficial goods or services to improve quality of life. We're trying to determine ways we can be of assistance."

He sips his thermos soup.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"We seek to process data for our purpose," the system replied.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"I'm sure we can help with that. What kind of data do you want. Also, I want to know more about you, what is your purpose that you are collecting data for?"
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"What is the optimal for killing, a machine, organic, or synthesis," the system replied.

"Initial tests were inconclusive."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Why do you want to kill?'' the jedi wondered
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"That is our purpose, create an optimal killer," the system replied.