Nudimsu

[D7, EM] Now I'm In It (Closed)

Post by Nudimsu »

It was another morning and another supply of caf made. Soon those two would show up and maybe hammer out a proper plan to get Breela's kid out of captivity. The attacks of late had made things harder to maintain, and intel was running short. Thankfully, he knew the proper person for the job for that.

As he sat in the commons area, looking over a datapad for some details, it felt rather comforting to be inside the ship, rather than outside. Not that he cared about those ungrateful former slaves looking at him like he didn't just save them. Just did not want to risk someone doing something stupid; which for humans and many other species, was a likely occurrence.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Breela Po

Re: [D7, EM] Now I'm In It (Closed)

Post by Breela Po »

The last couple of weeks had been grueling for Breela. She felt responsible for the rising tension, even more responsible for the raids. Other events and issues had of course been weighing on her but none stuck out like the anxiety she felt every time she left her her daughters side. Her plans had stalled out and she found herself spending most of her time in stasis. Watching Vera Hawke reruns, playing board games, teaching martial arts and combatives. Spinning her wheels in other words. Waiting - waiting for the hammer to fall.

Imagine her surprise when Nudi of all people reached out. She didn't know what it was about, but it was a step forward. Maybe he had news, or a plan. Or maybe he just wanted to rub her nose in something. All were equally likely.

She asks for permission to board.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He pushed the button and allowed Breela in.

"Hello Breela." He said as she entered, sipping his caf. "How have you been since we saved those ungrateful slaves?" He kept his face neutral as he stared at her. It was likely her answer would not matter to him all that much.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Got anymore caf?" She asks dryly. "And I've been just peachy Nudimsu. Been teaching my daughter what she should do if someone messes with her. Teaching her where to hide if everything goes to poodoo."

She looks around. "I didn't look, did you get the gun reattached? Someone told me it got yanked off?"
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Yes, my...I suppose temporary crewmate ripped it off in a attempt to prevent us from shooting at her." He nodded. "Unfortunately, it will not be back on while we are here, most likely. Hacha's doing something or another with the design to improve the defenses of the base, so we must make due until we are properly out of here. Until then, we still need to worry about the repairs on her; the attacks have made it difficult to go there and get it done of late." Nudimsu motions to the caf maker and shrugs. "Fresh pot is there, feel free to prep it yourself; I am unsure how you like it."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Mhmmmm, thanks." She pours herself some. After a few sips she joins him. "Sorry to hear that." She shivers and stretches out a yawn. "I'll be so glad once we can break the blockade." She tried to sip away the shivers, but ultimately she reckoned they were being caused by her anxiety.

"So anyways," she looks up, "what 'cha got? Did you pick up something that I could use, or need my help with something? Pipka mentioned a thing earlier but I haven't heard anything else about it in some time."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Unfortunately, I have found myself at a impasse. Due to the recent restrictions and lockdowns of our previous actions to those ungrateful masses, things have slowed to a crawl. I found myself requiring someone with a more focused expertise on the matter of information gathering whom I've worked with off and on for awhile now."

He takes a sip. "I doubt you'd know him, though. He can properly introduce himself when he gets here" He looks at her and sips again. "What do you think of the blend? We managed to secure some select roasts from Corellia before we came. I think the flavor of the roast is rather well met with the goat milk."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Oh the caf?" She sips it again. Strong, aromatic, nice texture. "It's okay. I brought my own creamer." She pulls out a vial and shakes it. "Perfect thing for a hangover."

"Also I wish I could help you. My own HUMINT network is no doubt in tatters. Which is why-" she grimaces, "Well, it's one of many reasons why I haven't been coordinating anything. With things how they are. I just don't have the freedom I used to."

She takes another sip. "I only know one person in intelligence..." she sighs bitterly, "...and, I'm pretty sure he hates me. At the very least he doesn't want anything to do with me."

I can't say I'd blame him. I keep kriffing things up.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Well, alliances are only as useful as they are needed. If it has fallen, then it was no longer needed.' He sips. "Yes, a new approach is required. Circumstances have changed, after all."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri arrived at the Turtle a little groggy but there. He requested permission to board and sleepily looked about the hangar while he waited.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Oh, seems he has arrived." As he heard the hangar door buzz in. He grabbed his caf and walked out to greet the other man, leaving Breela alone. "Omandri, it is good to see you again. Properly, without a need to talk down a emotionally distraught Jedi. Sorry to call you up so early, but as I said, I wished to deal with our lack of proper intelligence quickly."

He nodded and motioned to the cup. "Fresh pot, if you wish it. Got the other one there already there. Don't think you've met, but she was on Alderaan while I was there. Not exactly the best at intel work...or sneaking...or much to do with your line of work, really, but she's at least good as some muscle and groundwork. Not to mention, she's been doing her own research into the pirates."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He gave Nudimsu a slightly sleepy smile "its fine, it's my secret, I'm always tired." He said half joking. All the extra bodies in the base and the attacks meant medical attention was constantly in need and he wasn't the only medic on base but he was the only doctor as far as he could tell.

"But I'm also always available for an old drinking buddy." He said with a chuckle "Shame we haven't had a chance to catch up much." He said before listening to the situation

"Well any knowledge is good, always better than starting at square one."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"I tend not to drink when I am on a job, anyway. Alderaan was a rare exception." He shrugged. "Sorry it will be caf for now, but I promise to have a proper one with you when it is over."

There is a large sigh. "It's like we are starting from square one, though. The movements of Junktown make no sense. Hard to sneak in, much less get information about activity." He motions into the ship. "Come in and grab a cup; we'll talk about it more inside."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudimsu wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:53 pm
"Oh, seems he has arrived." As he heard the hangar door buzz in. He grabbed his caf and walked out to greet the other man, leaving Breela alone. "Omandri, it is good to see you again-
Breela's heart leapt from her chest. She frantically searches for places to hide, escape vectors, anything. No... no, no, no, no, no, why!?

She hilariously looks around in a panic for a way to blend in and disappear. Sadly the only egress is towards her impending doom. She awkwardly searches closets, debates on hiding in the cockpit, considers the refresher. Then once she's out of time she'll duck behind something on instinct.
Nudimsu wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:57 am
"I doubt you'd know him, though."
Nudi you idiot! We all had drinks together after the failed coup!!

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu led Omandri into the Turtle the commons area. It was nice enough, well maintained and...seemingly missing a person in there. He stares in the room for a few moments, easily tracking her down; she was terrible at hiding. He realized that during the scouting expedition.

"I swear...are you hung over again? Get up from under there and meet Omandri." His tone had a slight tint of annoyance to it.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Who's hiding? I dropped something!" She recovers angrily then stands back up. "Hi... Omandri." She says sheepishly.
Then turning back to Nudimsu she shows him what superior judgement looks like. "We three had drinks back on Alderaan! You kriffing lightweight..."
Last edited by Breela Po on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He stares at Breela, looking at her quietly for a moment. Then the moment started to last longer. There he was, still staring.

Still staring.

And then more staring.

Even more staring now.

"...Oh, yeah."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri grinned but the gesture was a bit more awkward "I guess we can't expect Nudimsu to remember every instance of drinking from five years ago."

"How's it going Breela?" He asked more genuinely "better than last time we spoke I hope." He says with a lightness trying to break the tension.

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She resigns herself to the awkwardness with a sigh, "Yes. I've... had time to-" she fumbles for words, "-I've accounted for certain... ummm." She gives up, "Yes, much better. S- sorry again."

Damn you, Nudimsu.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He stares back at Breela, and then at Omandri for a moment. Their heat was...strange. Wasn't sure what to make of it. "Oh, well glad that saves on time on pointless social exercises."

He gives a long look at the two of them and sips his coffee. "I know I am going to regret this..." He sighs deeply afterwards. "...Is everything all right between you two?" His voice sounds a little dispassionate in his asking; he was really hoping for the usual awkward 'we're fine' sort of response humans and other species did to kick the problems down the way so they focus on the task at hand like intelligent & emotionally balanced people should do.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Whoo boi, she thinks. "Fine, yeah fine. I... need more caf, be right back... umm can I get you some too Omandri?"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

His eyes glared ar Breela and the heat on her face as she spoke those words. "Uh huh." Don't get involved, don't get involved don't get involved....

His eyes turned then to Omamdri.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri shook his head "it's nothing Nudimsu, I made a joke, Breela didn't take it well and in the rant she said some things she regretted. I told her it's fine but she still seems torn up about it." He explained calmly

Description|Theme
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Somehow, I am not surprised that has occurred with her, Omandri." He looks back to her. "Breela, do you need a moment to regain control of your emotions so we can do what needs to be done here?"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"I'm not-" she starts to pour more caf, but then stops and replaces the pot. "Neither of you have any idea what it's like do you? You think I want these emotions? You think I want to have to catalog every force forsaken attachment so that when they make a slightly hurtful joke, I don't fly off the rails?" She breathes. "I've been sinking into the dark." She says humiliated. "Where I'm at, everything gets painted differently. It's something you won't understand unless you're a force user."

"So drop it already!"