Vaylin

Re: [D6, EM] Meet Your New Family

Post by Vaylin »

Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:20 pm
Hacha pauses. "So you use Droid infantry? Were...you the one who supplied the pirates with ion cannons?"
Vaylin said, "No."
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Alright. It's just that ion weaponry is quite effective against most electrical systems and it's not terribly difficult to construct. I could construct a personal scale one myself from odds and ends by the end of the day. I know I'm good, but I'd give good odds that Durasay could do it too." Hacha scratches his head. " Just saying, that sounds like the immediate first counter. If pirates can rig them on their own, they expect the Republic and Sith to be able to do it"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I am not following your logic," she responded. "Why do I care if you can make an ion weapon?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"I believe he wants to ensure that doing just that would make a effective weapon against your infantry, not if you had any moral qualms about it." Nudimsu nods and places his cup down.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Vaylin said, "It seems like a good strategy if you intend to fight them."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Well...yeah." Hacha replies, brow crinkling. "Of course we are going to fight them. No offense, but they sound like a tibanna gas mine. Extremely profitable and delightfully fun to blow up."

"Can you imagine the demand for our services boss? Man, I should try to rig an ion weapon for us now."
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"If you can put one on the Turtle to replace the Sabot, that would be welcome; be nice to give them a taste of their own medicine." He looked to the others.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Senya Tirall

Post by Senya Tirall »

Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:08 am
"Well...yeah." Hacha replies, brow crinkling. "Of course we are going to fight them. No offense, but they sound like a tibanna gas mine. Extremely profitable and delightfully fun to blow up."

"Can you imagine the demand for our services boss? Man, I should try to rig an ion weapon for us now."
Senya added, "That won't work, the units are hardened against such simple tactics. They would hardly be menacing if something as simple as ion weapons disabled them en masse."
Mother | Eternal Empire | Enforcer | Exile | Force Sensitive | Knight of Zakuul
*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Huh. To what level? As in, "a single hit won't crackle through a squad and take them all out"? Or "they will have have some resistance, but will still be damaged?". Or "no, ion won't touch them'?"

"I ask because the design of a counter would matter a lot. I never thought it would be as easy as a single gun moving down an army. But if we can make something simple to make, cheap, and would let untrained recruits get a couple of good hits, these invasions become looooong slogs. You remember Bankor boss. You might rule a planet, but there's plenty of worlds where that stay would get nasty and expensive"
Senya Tirall

Post by Senya Tirall »

“I’m not an engineer Hacha, I just know that they can weather the shots well, might as well just shoot them with conventional weapons. Maybe they can overload with time, I have never fought against them in a real scenario, never had to. But I do know that ion weapons don’t have the same effect as they do on your less advanced technology,” she responded.
Mother | Eternal Empire | Enforcer | Exile | Force Sensitive | Knight of Zakuul
*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Senya Tirall wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:26 am
“I’m not an engineer Hacha, I just know that they can weather the shots well, might as well just shoot them with conventional weapons. Maybe they can overload with time, I have never fought against them in a real scenario, never had to. But I do know that ion weapons don’t have the same effect as they do on your less advanced technology,” she responded.
The Duros nods. "Fair point. The engineer's tendency is to rush to the shiny perfect answer. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way. We still aren't exactly going to roll over and die for them, you know that right?"
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Ion is nice and effective sometimes, but a durasteel shell exploding into a cloud of durasteel spikes is always effective... if you want my vote."
Last edited by Pipka on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I would expect you to fight even when you can't win," Vaylin said with a shrug.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Pipka wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:48 am
"Ion is nice and effective sometimes, but a durasteel shell exploding into a cloud of durasteel spikes is always effective... if you want my vote."
"Awww Pip, you know how to help a fella when he's down!" Hacha replies, putting an arm over the Chadra-Fan's shoulder.