Nudimsu

[D6, EM] Meet Your New Family

Post by Nudimsu »

It was a pretty uneventful night for Nudimsu. Saw some dancing...didn't get to do any, sadly. Price one pays for vigilance. Everyone was ultimately alive, at least. Had some plans later...that he'd rather stall. So, just time to enjoy the morning, prep up the caf machine and start to assess the damage to the ship.

Entering the common area, he sleepily began two approach the caf maker and begin to prep it up. Seeing some figures there, he didn't pay them any mind, but just started to grab his pre grounded beans and prep the water. "Morning." He said while checking the filter to see if it was clean.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Durasay Mixo

Re: [D6, EM] Meet Your New Family

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay had gotten up early. He was hunched over the main table of the galley. A hydrospanner between his teeth as he fussed over the repairs to the helm of his armor. "Mornin'" he spoke, though the tool made it sound more muffled as he used the small fusion seal to repair some of the cracks from his battle with Vaylin.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Senya Tirall

Post by Senya Tirall »

Senya arrived with a nod before glancing to her daughter.
Mother | Eternal Empire | Enforcer | Exile | Force Sensitive | Knight of Zakuul
*Played by Dapper Dog
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Durasay Mixo wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:40 pm
Durasay had gotten up early. He was hunched over the main table of the galley. A hydrospanner between his teeth as he fussed over the repairs to the helm of his armor. "Mornin'" he spoke, though the tool made it sound more muffled as he used the small fusion seal to repair some of the cracks from his battle with Vaylin.
Vaylin glanced at the blue alien savage and sighed as she entered the common area.
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Vaylin wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:43 pm
Vaylin glanced at the blue alien savage and sighed as she entered the common area.
Durasay looked to her, removing the hydrospanner, and using it to adjust the fittings he had replaced. "You're a mean fighter, I'll give you that. Nothing personal." He replied to her, then offering a smile to Senya.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
"All journeys end..."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He turned around to see the new arrivals enter, Vaylin included. He gave a long stare at the two of them before turning back to the caf maker and pouring in the beans.

A careful observer would note his hands were ever so slightly shaking, but stiff as he grabbed some cups. "Morning. Do you drink caf, Vaylin?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Tea, or water," she replied.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha yawns and stumbles his way toward the caff. "Sorry about that. I was up late on designs. My beautiful sabot cannon is trashed. We are looking at a complete rebuild. Maybe a complete new weapon concept is necessary. That stupid goat kriffer smashed it to smithereens when she ripped it off."

Hacha chug a lugs before turning eyes blearily back on those there. "There are new ones here. Did you do something with your face Songbird? I don't like it."
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka got up from his bunk after taking a power nap. He usually slept earlier in the day, but he had been too busy yesterday between the dogfight and the refugees.

Walking out he found the crew plus Songbird and... another. Wait a moment, was that the lady from the dogfight?

"Hey you, you were the one hanging onto the outside of that fighter weren't you? I thought you got blown'd up."

He turns to Hacha, "Hacha, she was the one that stole the Sabot."

Turning back to Vaylin, "That wasn't very nice, Hacha worked very hard on that cannon."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"That's the stupid goat kriffer, Hacha." He again shook a little and prepped some hot water. "I expected a few casualities in this plan. Even damage to my ship, itself, was factored in. Did not expect the only casuality on our side would have our primary cannon. Clever move though, Vaylin; was some fast thinking."

He looked at Pipka and shook his head. "It was the right move on her end, Pipka. Do you drink your tea plain or with milk or sugar?" The caf machine began its process to brew as he sat there. It was still rather surprising to hear how she moved in the air battle. He had factored in her using the pirates to get there, but never did he think she would use the actual ships.

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha pauses, aghast.

"That was part of the plan? And you didn't tell me? I get operational security, but give me a warning! And now I'm neck deep in ion cannon batteries, and Flechette mortars and... wait, can I attach a charged ion cell as a warhead to accelerate? The charging base could be similar and things would need to be standardized..."

The Duros pauses. "What were we talking about again?"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Garth was flying the ship, Hacha. If you didn't expect him to wreck the ship a little, I don't know what to tell you."

He turned to Senya and stared. "I suppose we'll send you the repair bill later."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Yeah, it was the right move, still not nice. If you're fighting with a man, you don't go tearing off his cannon do you?" He asks poignantly.

"That aside, it was pretty cool. Riding on the fighters, not the riping our cannon away part. I'm trying to convince Hacha to rig up a harness so I can do it too."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Pipka wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:37 pm
"Yeah, it was the right move, still not nice. If you're fighting with a man, you don't go tearing off his cannon do you?" He asks poignantly.

"That aside, it was pretty cool. Riding on the fighters, not the riping our cannon away part. I'm trying to convince Hacha to rig up a harness so I can do it too."
"Tactically speaking, I would be destroying quickly the most effective way to wage war, so cutting off a limb would be appropriate." He pushed past the imagery that Pipka had stated, and shrugged, finally setting his helmet down, the cracks visible, but airtight sealed again.
"All journeys end..."
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"I mean the harness on the outside isn't a bad idea if we want an anti-personnel weapon but that's pretty situational"

Something appears to have dawned on Hacha.

"Where were you guys anyway?
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Vaylin said, "Plain."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Lana went to do...Lana things. I went with Breela to rescue her daughter from slavery. Ended up bringing back all 200 of them to the base..." He paused. "Probably why we are having power issues this morning." He stared out at the caf maker and sighed deeply. "Who could have seen that happening?"

He walked over and placed the tea in front of Vaylin and walked back to the machine.

"Suppose it was my fault. Thought I could just save a few when I had the opportunity to and ended up inspiring those two idiots to go after the lot."
Last edited by Nudimsu on Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Oh so thaaaat's why. Well the good news is that we are close to getting Engineering online, and that should solve some power woes." Hacha looks over the imposing figure that had literally torn torn his ship apart and threw boulders with her mind.

"Well, welcome to the family I guess. Anything you need fixed, bring it to me. That includes things that have the travesty of not being upgraded by me as well. Rules on the ship are...do we have rules? No breaking the ship...well, no, we all do that every so often"
Senya Tirall

Post by Senya Tirall »

Senya said, "Thank you, I appreciate it."
Mother | Eternal Empire | Enforcer | Exile | Force Sensitive | Knight of Zakuul
*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

After the caf was finished, he grabbed himself a cup. "It is true. So long as your mother wishes to remain on board of this ship, Vaylin, we would consider you part of our mashed together family. She has sort of become a mother to us over the past whilewe have known her, and the crew at least was willing to do what we could to reach you. Thru the help of many, I am glad that we were." He did not once again shift his eyes from their mostly neutral tone.

He sat down. "Vaylin, I would like to ask you some questions, if you please. If you don't want to answer them, you are under no obligation to." He paused and nodded. "Firstly, I don't know if anyone here has asked this since you arrived, but how are you doing since everything happened?"

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Vaylin thought it over and said, "Still angry, next question?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Do you like goats?"
description
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Durasay shot Pipka a look. While a valid question, given the circumstances. "Did... did you just ask one of the most powerful beings... in the galaxy... who tried to take my head off... if they liked goats!?" He blinked rapidly, then looked again to Vaylin.

He stood from the table, walking to the caf maker and grabbing his mug. He filled it, and added a little sweetened grain milk from the plains of Alderaan.

"Clearly, we have a long road ahead of us, in dealing with anger." He mused, then turned again, looking squarely at Vaylin. "How can we help in that, in helping between you two?"
"All journeys end..."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"It's a very valid and multi-layered question.

Layer one. I need to know how safe my goats will be around her. That she's not going to pull a Ms. Face Tattoos on one.

Layer two. You can tell a lot about people from how they feel about animals and how animals in turn feel about them.

Layer three. She said she was feeling angry. When I'm feeling angry, I like to hug a goat. I could provide a goat for her to hug if she likes goats. Or she could hug me if she wanted to."

Pipka glares at Durasay while he pours the fake milk into his caf.
description
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"I like goats more than savages," she mused.

*Played by Dapper Dog