Pipka

[D9, LA] Tune Up

Post by Pipka »

Pipka was disoriented when he came back to Echo Base. The procedure with Sysadmin had been... invasive, to say the least. But now he was just about ready to face off against the Zakuul. Knights, droids, walkers, whatever they decided to throw at them. First though, he wanted to check in with someone before charging off into battle. So, after parking the Rabbit in the Turtle, he headed over to the Star Moth for an expert opinion.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Baesal Zyn

Re: [D9, LA] Tune Up

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:24 pm
Pipka was disoriented when he came back to Echo Base. The procedure with Sysadmin had been... invasive, to say the least. But now he was just about ready to face off against the Zakuul. Knights, droids, walkers, whatever they decided to throw at them. First though, he wanted to check in with someone before charging off into battle. So, after parking the Rabbit in the Turtle, he headed over to the Star Moth for an expert opinion.
The Star Moth was in the midst of repairs and preparation for the journey would be long and the crew did not know what hardship they would face. Master Zyn herself was uncertain if they needed to follow the exodus to the rendez-vous point with the Gree or if she shoud rush to Tython to prepare the Order and it's allies.

She was pondering the question while finishing the final touch ups on her ship when Pipka showed up

''Good afternoon Mister Pipka'' she said, turning to greet the Chandra-Fan ''Can I do anything for you?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:11 am
The Star Moth was in the midst of repairs and preparation for the journey would be long and the crew did not know what hardship they would face. Master Zyn herself was uncertain if they needed to follow the exodus to the rendez-vous point with the Gree or if she shoud rush to Tython to prepare the Order and it's allies.

She was pondering the question while finishing the final touch ups on her ship when Pipka showed up

''Good afternoon Mister Pipka'' she said, turning to greet the Chandra-Fan ''Can I do anything for you?''
Walking up, covered in his thermal cloak, Pipka responds with a slightly strained voice, "Miss Baesal, you know how we've been talking to Sysadmin for the last few weeks. Well, after everything that happened yesterday, I reached out and asked for help." He pulls back his cloak, revealing an assortment of cybernetic upgrades now grafted to his body.

"I'm no expert, but I'm impressed by the work. I was hoping you could take a look and see what's what."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:14 am
Walking up, covered in his thermal cloak, Pipka responds with a slightly strained voice, "Miss Baesal, you know how we've been talking to Sysadmin for the last few weeks. Well, after everything that happened yesterday, I reached out and asked for help." He pulls back his cloak, revealing an assortment of cybernetic upgrades now grafted to his body.

"I'm no expert, but I'm impressed by the work. I was hoping you could take a look and see what's what."
The Jedi master had to make a double check on what she was seeing.

''Um, yes, of course...'' she waved to the ship ''Please let's go inside...I would like to hear more about what happened.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:00 pm
The Jedi master had to make a double check on what she was seeing.

''Um, yes, of course...'' she waved to the ship ''Please let's go inside...I would like to hear more about what happened.''
Pipka led the way into the ship, fascinated for more than a moment by the atypical design and construction of the vessel. Once they were aboard, he told Baesal about the Ortolans, the defeat he experienced, about the call with Sysadmin, and their agreement for Pipka to become their secondary platform.

"So, Sysadmin said I would still be myself, and I feel okay, but I want to make sure."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The jedi listens carefully to the tale...sometimes with empathy, sometimes with curiosity.

''Your circumstance is quite unique'' she began as she moved closer to and empty white metallic pod ''Some would chide you for the risk you took but I respect your outreach to one so different from you. It take quite the strength of character to have faith in an entity so different from you...'' she opens it and motions Pipka to go inside ''...please go in. I will start the analysis.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:29 pm
The jedi listens carefully to the tale...sometimes with empathy, sometimes with curiosity.

''Your circumstance is quite unique'' she began as she moved closer to and empty white metallic pod ''Some would chide you for the risk you took but I respect your outreach to one so different from you. It take quite the strength of character to have faith in an entity so different from you...'' she opens it and motions Pipka to go inside ''...please go in. I will start the analysis.''
"Well, I have to be honest," he says while climbing up into the pod. "I was doing it for somewhat selfish reasons. I knew I wasn't strong enough to fight against the Zakuul, and I knew they had strength. I'm actually glad that they chose to turn me into a 'platform' instead of going out themselves. I felt really guilty thinking they would put themselves in danger for us. And to me, everyone I've ever met has been very different from me."

He finishes settling down into the pod before adding, "But it's easy to take a risk. Either they do what they say and everything is alright, or they don't and they're the ones that did something wrong, not me."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Interesting way to view things. Most people would deem an A.I to be a step to far.'' she began pluggin a few cables in a nearby terminal ''But the risk you take can be paid by someone else, no?''

The pod would soon come alight, lights scanning the current occupant.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:11 pm
''Interesting way to view things. Most people would deem an A.I to be a step to far.'' she began pluggin a few cables in a nearby terminal ''But the risk you take can be paid by someone else, no?''

The pod would soon come alight, lights scanning the current occupant.
Pipka tries his best not to fidget in the pod while it scans his body. "Hmmm, I never thought about that. I was only thinking about what might or might not happen to me... I never even thought about that effecting someone after me. I mean, they have a mekawampa, what more could it do with a little Chadra-Fan like me?"
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:18 am
Pipka tries his best not to fidget in the pod while it scans his body. "Hmmm, I never thought about that. I was only thinking about what might or might not happen to me... I never even thought about that effecting someone after me. I mean, they have a mekawampa, what more could it do with a little Chadra-Fan like me?"
''They could do much considering how beloved you are by the inhabitants of Echo base'' Most of the markers on the scanning software lit up as green ''Sysadmin did an impressive job with your upgrades Pipka: the cybernetics are state of the art and there does not seem to be any way for them to assume direct control though I think data is being recorded.''

She begins powering down the pod

''I'll say this again...quite a unique situation. Perhaps they'll have a way to communicate with you? This would prove fortuitous as you explore the galaxy''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:03 am
''They could do much considering how beloved you are by the inhabitants of Echo base'' Most of the markers on the scanning software lit up as green ''Sysadmin did an impressive job with your upgrades Pipka: the cybernetics are state of the art and there does not seem to be any way for them to assume direct control though I think data is being recorded.''

She begins powering down the pod

''I'll say this again...quite a unique situation. Perhaps they'll have a way to communicate with you? This would prove fortuitous as you explore the galaxy"
His little hearts flutters when she says he is beloved by Echo Base. "I'll have to thank Miss Jan for Czerka having such cutting edge technology."

He sits up from the pod and does a little shake and stretch to relax from laying still. "I should have a lot of recording and data collection hardware, that was my end of the deal with Sysadmin, to provide data for any battles. I do feel a connection, not a constant connection, but more like a back channel that's always available. The way they talk, I feel like Mekawampa and Sysadmin are more... constantly connected, like there's not a real distinction between the two."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:34 am
His little hearts flutters when she says he is beloved by Echo Base. "I'll have to thank Miss Jan for Czerka having such cutting edge technology."

He sits up from the pod and does a little shake and stretch to relax from laying still. "I should have a lot of recording and data collection hardware, that was my end of the deal with Sysadmin, to provide data for any battles. I do feel a connection, not a constant connection, but more like a back channel that's always available. The way they talk, I feel like Mekawampa and Sysadmin are more... constantly connected, like there's not a real distinction between the two."
She nods ''I am familiar with the kind of connection between Sysadmin and Mechawampa. It reminds a lot of the killik hive mind in relation to it's drones.''

She muses for a moment

''I will give you my comms number...I am curious as to where your relationship with Sysadmin will lead. Perhaps seeing the universe will allow the A.I to grow beyond initial purpose? I would like to see if it can happen in this case''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:25 pm
She nods ''I am familiar with the kind of connection between Sysadmin and Mechawampa. It reminds a lot of the killik hive mind in relation to it's drones.''

She muses for a moment

''I will give you my comms number...I am curious as to where your relationship with Sysadmin will lead. Perhaps seeing the universe will allow the A.I to grow beyond initial purpose? I would like to see if it can happen in this case''
"I haven't heard of this killik hive mind and drones. Is that like the pit droids that sync up... but with cam droid drones? Could I sync up with some of these drones, that would be great for what Sysadmin wants, I could watch the whole battlefield." He hops down from the pod, looking around to see if he can spot any of these cam drones.

"Hopefully we can help Sysadmin find something more interesting for it than creating an 'ultimate killer'. But, before any of that, we need to survive this invasion. Were there any more attacks since last night?"
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Negative'' she rose to her feet as well ''All was peaceful after the pirate attack since the diplomatic team managed to win the other two pirate lord's loyalty...well buy it at least.''

she shrugs

''You take the hand you are given.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:21 pm
''Negative'' she rose to her feet as well ''All was peaceful after the pirate attack since the diplomatic team managed to win the other two pirate lord's loyalty...well buy it at least.''

she shrugs

''You take the hand you are given.''
"That's good news. I mean that is kind of the original reason we came here right? To pay off the pirates so they would stop attacking people. It just so happens that we were the ones being attacked. I'm glad we didn't have to wipe them out at least. But I wasn't too concerned about a bunch of pirates, it's those Zakuul and their battle droids and walkers that worry me. They're the reason I went to Sysadmin for all this." He gestures down to the new suite of cybernetics grafted onto his body. "Also, that's the data Sysadmin really wants."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''I take it you were not told nor informed about the intelligence briefing?'' it was true he had not been there but the chiss could have spoken...better not assume

''The Eternal Fleet, this new Empire's main card, is an automated system that consists of a neural network of self-aware machines linked to a central control device. My first impression was that the fleet was not made by Zakuul but by another manufacturer and I have a guess as to where it comes from and the nature of the network itself''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:12 pm
''I take it you were not told nor informed about the intelligence briefing?'' it was true he had not been there but the chiss could have spoken...better not assume

''The Eternal Fleet, this new Empire's main card, is an automated system that consists of a neural network of self-aware machines linked to a central control device. My first impression was that the fleet was not made by Zakuul but by another manufacturer and I have a guess as to where it comes from and the nature of the network itself''
"Wow, that sounds even worse than I thought.

I just got back to base from Sysadmin's facility, so I missed out on the briefing. Not really my kind of thing anyway. I tend to let others point me where I'm needed.

You sure do know a lot about these thinking machines. Between the Sysadmin, that killik hive mind, and now the Zakuul neural network. It's all Shyriiwook to me."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''I have encountered someone of that caliber before...'' she paused ''...she was called Hydra and part of a neural network similar to the one the Eternal Fleet uses but she was cut out from it not long ago.''

She absently looked towards a door way

''She's resting and probably figuring what individuality means for her now. She even considers a new name.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:32 pm
''I have encountered someone of that caliber before...'' she paused ''...she was called Hydra and part of a neural network similar to the one the Eternal Fleet uses but she was cut out from it not long ago.''

She absently looked towards a door way

''She's resting and probably figuring what individuality means for her now. She even considers a new name.''
"That sounds really sad. Was it more like being taken away from her family or like losing a part of herself? Either way, I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone." Pipka looks downcast for a moment, thinking about what Hydra went through and is going through, before he brightens back up.

"I know, Hydra, or whichever new name she chooses, should be friends with Sysadmin. I don't know if they have one of those neural networks, but they need a friend and it sounds like she does too."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Perhaps...though I suspect Hydra might see Sysadmin as an elder sees a child. Perhaps she could be a mentor? I will inform her when she comes around but I can't give guaranties.''

She ponders the question

''The situation is perhaps both...being teared away from a family that is also you. Individuality is terrifying to those used to shared conscience just has shared conscience is terrifying to most of us.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:02 pm
''Perhaps...though I suspect Hydra might see Sysadmin as an elder sees a child. Perhaps she could be a mentor? I will inform her when she comes around but I can't give guaranties.''

She ponders the question

''The situation is perhaps both...being teared away from a family that is also you. Individuality is terrifying to those used to shared conscience just has shared conscience is terrifying to most of us.''
"Awww, she could be their mother. I think that would do Sysadmin good to have a mature influence in their life.

Believe it or not, Nudimsu has often said I need to act more mature. Like, I'm seventeen. I'm practically middle aged, it's all downhill from here. I need to start planning for my retirement."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Pipka wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:36 am
"Awww, she could be their mother. I think that would do Sysadmin good to have a mature influence in their life.

Believe it or not, Nudimsu has often said I need to act more mature. Like, I'm seventeen. I'm practically middle aged, it's all downhill from here. I need to start planning for my retirement."
She raised an eyebrow

''Well...you might live longer with all these cybernetics. Anyways it is better to stay a child at heart.''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 am
She raised an eyebrow

''Well...you might live longer with all these cybernetics. Anyways it is better to stay a child at heart.''
"Is that something cybernetics do, make you live longer?" Pipka looked down at his new components with curiosity, "But hey, I guess I can be a child with one heart and an adult with the other."
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Some cybernetics do have that side effect...and yes, if you have two hearts then all is dandy'' she smiled at the thought ''Anything else I can do for you. friend?''
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:41 am
''Some cybernetics do have that side effect...and yes, if you have two hearts then all is dandy'' she smiled at the thought ''Anything else I can do for you. friend?''
Pipka had started wandering around, inspecting the Star Moth. "I guess that is all. Figured Sysadmin knew what they were doing, but they do have some... blindspots in their memory, so better safe than sorry. I wouldn't want to charge into battle and have something fall off."

He walks back over to Baesal to offer up a hug. "Thank you for checking for me and thank you for being concerned for Sysadmin and for Hydra. I hope everything turns out for the best for both of them."
description