Luth Khalan

Re: [D8 MM] A Challenge

Post by Luth Khalan »

"That is the trick, isn't it?" She replied as she settled down at the table, getting comfortable. "Senator Saresh, for instance, seems like she has some biases of her own that might get in the way."
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''She does indeed'' she took a seat herself and prepared her cup ''I wager the Empire will have a rough time dealing with dissidents. I doubt your new Empress is accepted by all and the knowledge that the Eternal Empire is ruled by the late Emperor's sons and, perhaps, daughter...''

She grimaced

''Loyalty is a rare commodity in a system were might ultimately makes right.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She sighed. "Indeed. I'm sure there will be problems with both sides of people who think they're clever and see where the wind is blowing; whether it's a matter of might makes right or a matter of someone wanting to shield others from further harm. I think most people will stay in line, but it'll be an issue regardless."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Quite...let's enjoy the little peace we find when we have it. Sugar and goat milk?''

She frowned...something clicked

"This Valen...was her full name Valen Gries? Dark of hair and blue of skin?"
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"Please, that sounds lovely."

Her brows knit. "No... Dark hair, yes, but no blue skin. Darker skin, bright almost yellowish eyes. She didn't give a last name. I guess... I don't know, she rang a bell, but I don't think I could say where I've seen anyone like her before."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal prepared the coffee and gave her guest her cup before settling her own

''I just remembered that Valen was the alias the Cunning Man gave me when we met. She is a dangerous woman...more like a poisonous snake, really. Beware of her.''

The jedi considered something before continuing

''She is in the possession of something called the Black Codex...in essence a super computer that can access and play with any databases linked to the holonet.''
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She frowned. "That sounds like it's possible, considering her confidence that only she could get into Zakuul's systems," she replied. "What's the deal with this 'Cunning Man'?"

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Leader of a terrorist cell called The Star Cabal that attacked both Republic and Empire. Seems to hold Force users in particular hatred.'' she began

''I suspected they were pawns of the Eternal Empire but they might also be only have been vultures waiting for the feast. Their organization seems mostly in shambles now but...I am not so sure.''
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She took a sip of her caf, thinking it over. "Glad we didn't agree to her terms about the Empire, then. Giving someone who hates Force users access to the military-industrial complex seems like... not a good idea."

"... She's out at a listening post in the wastes, assuming she stuck around. She was right about the information, though, so... I don't really want to violate our word. That codex may be a huge boon to break through the systems, though."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Perhaps it is in our best interest that she loses that device'' she muses ''No one benefits from her having it...but neither of our faction can have the sole control over it either.''
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She shook her head. "I think we will have to trust someone to have it. Or perhaps give it to a neutral party."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''The Gree seems the be the best candidates at this point''

She crossed her legs and laid back

"If your Valen is who I think she is then she is going to steal from the pirates soon"
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"Welp, that would not be especially smart of her," she observed. Luth ran a hand down her face. "This kind of shit is why I argued with Baras over telling the Republic."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"She got cocky and greedy...not a great cocktail. I do not know when she plans to do it but I have some insights on the plan and knows someone who was in on it who might want pays back."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"Well, I might not be involved in this part directly, but I'm curious."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''The gist is that the theft is not Valen's own: She is usurping the identity of the original planner, that of Miss Calculation, which is the person who got cut out I just spoke about. I know that Beezlediz, the queen's second is the inside man and that he has agents inside Echo base.''

She sips her cup

''I just don't know if there are any changes to the plan or the timeline. My guess? It'll happen before we leave and then Valen might renege on the deal she has with the Empire.''
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"Well, there's not really anything for her to renege on, at this point. Anything lost is lost by her," she replied with a shrug. "We got the information, the information was legit, she got 10% of the agreed payment. At this point, do what you need to do, we have everything to gain since we're working together."