Layne Hoshin

Djem So and the Holocrons [D7, EA]

Post by Layne Hoshin »

A considerable length of time had passed since last they'd spoken. At least one on one like this. Layne still wasn't entirely 'okay', but things *were* better than they were back then. Of course, it was entirely possible they might end up arguing over this or that again, but at least Layne wasn't stuck in the despair circle anymore.

Well, she didn't think she was, at least.

Anyway, there might not be a whole lot of time left, so... she figured she might decide get that thing going they'd talked about, and headed to Baesal's ship.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Re: Djem So and the Holocrons [D7, EA]

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The area near the rear of the ship was an improvised workshop arranged for an unknown task by the ship's owner. Sparks flew by and were reflected in the red tinted goggles she was wearing as protection.

It was R-5 who spotted Layne first and promptly informed his employer.

She turned around and raised her goggles to her forehead ''Good afternoon Layne''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Sup?" She said after following the droid a little and coming close enough for a stray spark to fly past her.

"You building another ship in here, or what."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Not really'' she shrugged ''Just preparing, doing things to pass time.''

She pursed her lips

''Sooooo....Darth Jerri is a thing now?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"It is absolutely a thing," she said looking up for a moment, and then shrugged.

"He even proved it by shooting out force lightning. He's uh... he's actually got quite a strong connection to the Force. I have no idea how he managed to hide it for so long."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Some sentinels have techniques for that, I hear.'' she scratched her head ''Not my wheelhouse but it is a useful skill for infiltration. The Jerri persona is also a great disguise...no one could have seen it coming.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...Yeah. I don't think he's one hundred percent faking it though. He can shoot force lightning sure, but... if he was evil he would... well, I don't think he's evil."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She quirked an eyebrow, not sure how to compute this

''Mmmmh...okay. I don't think I'll have time to converse with him...though Pipka would fall over himself to do so.''

She rolled her shoulders

''Anyway. What can I do for you?''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Trust me, a conversation with him is an exercise in frustration regardless of whether or not he's evil."

She sighed. "But... I came over for that whole holocron business. I think... well, we don't have much time left probably, and I think I'm in a better mental space for it now."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She sighs and nods

''That's good...but I have bad news.'' she fiddled with a random bar of metal ''I reviewed the process and a Holocron would take months to complete. Much like a lightsaber it is also something personnal...you don't need to so it yourself but you would need to be involved.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Ahh kriff," she grunted, "I really doubt there's going to be that kind of time available any time soon."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Then do the better option.'' came as the reply

''Give him your time.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...I mean, not like I'd mind. But, I don't really know what to say that we haven't already said, though, you know? I guess maybe I should, though."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Words are sometimes not needed'' there was a edge of...sorrow in her voice ''Follow me''

She moved to her ship and using her usual techno-magic she repealed the hexagonal skin to reveal the iris door to the hold in which she entered. The cargo hold of the ship has been scrubbed clean aside from what looked like feminine protocol droid resting in a bed like pod.

She moved towards the other end, towards a shape covered with a blanked which she removed

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...That looks a *lot* cooler than my bike," she said after a moment of admiring the vehicle.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She looked at the swoop bike for a moment, following the curve of the engine.

''That was my gift to him. For his knighthood...I just...never had the chance. We we always...so busy...so taken up.'' her arms crossed and she paused, eyes closed. ''It was also my plan for Alderaan. I thought we would have time to scavenge and work the parts...make his very own bike from the ground up.''

She turned around the vehicle

''But the Killik business happened and we never got the chance. Something I do deeply regret.''

She took the bike's keys from the compartment and threw them at Layne

''Now that'll be your gift to him''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"That's... no."

She tossed the keys back.

"I appreciate the gesture, but where's the meaning in that? You made this for him. I had no hand in it. It would have no meaning coming from me."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She tossed the thing back

''It's not about the bike Layne: It's about the time.'' she replied calmly ''This bike will require a tune up, some personal modifications, cleaning...many things before it reaches full potential.''

She gives a nod

''Daz could do it alone...but it would be better for him to have a helper. I know you are not technologically inclined so let him take charge and show you how it works.''

She leans against the wall and smiles at her friend

''That's my gift to you. Time is the most precious thing we have and if you spend it to craft memories with him they will remain for a lifetime. That will be ever more precious then a holocron because you cannot replace the present.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She sighed.

"...This is stupid. You should be..."

Another sigh as she realized Baesal was probably just going to be every bit as stubborn about it as Layne could be about things.

"...Are you sure? Even if I do this, I'm still just going to tell him you're the one who built it for him."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She waved off the concern

"I am sure. If you want to tell...I won't mind. I'll figure it out anyway. Like I said: it is the time that's valuable, make good use of it"
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Okay, fine... fine. I'll see if he's even interested. Damn it, you do realize this means I can't give him my own speederbike without looking like a chump, right? Piece of old junk that it is."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She gave that a good chuckle

''Then work with him to repair it. You can come pillage my reserve of spare parts if you want''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"He told me to get a hobby you know... to learn to just, do something fun, I guess. I've been trying a few things, but so far nothing's stuck. I guess I could try this with him."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Either that or start writing lessons with Jerri'' she half-smiled to go with the tease ''But yeah mechanics and working on deathtraps that goes too fast for their own good would suit you.''

She grinned fully now

''I have a leather jacket and cool shades if you want the full look''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Honestly, I *might* actually try it," she said, "writing lessons, that is. Despite the... content... people seem to actually take some meaning from it. Maybe there's something to it."