Baesal Zyn

Re: The point of no return? [D3, EA]

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''You don't know that'' she retorted ''The Future is always in motion'' she tilted her head mirroring Layne

''I know what you are doing. I know that you know what you are doing but will refuse to admit it.'' she began ''You gathered us on your own terms, on your own time with your mind already set to do whatever you had already planned to do because you thought it'd be less hurtful to do it all at once.''

She crossed her legs frowned

''I know you Layne. I have been with you for years now and I had your back when the time came and I will have it now.'' she leaned back ''But I need to know how and why things are happening...information you are not keen to reveal because you fear we can poke holes into it.''

she clapped her hands

''So...we are all going on time out, flying over the wastes of Hoth until we all calm down.'' She smiles ''I guess this is a small kidnapping, care for an omelette?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Kat made no motion for her lightsaber as Layne went for hers. Those actions spoke louder than words anyway.

There was mild confusion over the sounds from the ship, but once Baesal spoke, Kat found herself in agreement with what was happening. Maybe they could stuff Layne into an icebox somewhere until she cooled off and could listen to reason, because something insane was going on and she was probably not thinking clearly. And as Baesal knew Layne better... well, had to have some trust there.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:43 pm
''So...we are all going on time out, flying over the wastes of Hoth until we all calm down.'' She smiles ''I guess this is a small kidnapping, care for an omelette?''
The extra hanger on in the room took off her helmet. No point posturing now. A hand went up. "Am I included in that offer? 'Cause that sounds tasty."
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She was perplexed by this turn of events, yes. Baesal could be impulsive herself at times. This whole ship and it's *influences* were a clear example of that. She'd expected the science wizard to encase her in some sort of force field or something, though. Not offer up omelettes.

"You have to be kidding," she said, perplexion shifting to frustration again. "What more do I need to tell you! Isn't this enough?!"
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She nods to Luth

''Of course. They are omelettes seasonned and topped with goat cheese...I can make some without if you are lactose intolerant.'' she paused ''I think milk-free pancakes could be made as well, if you prefer.''

She turns to Layne

''First, sit and enjoy. No need to rush things. When you are ready you can start with the beginning: What is this threat you speak of and how did you learn of it. I am aware of a threat as well...let's see if things match.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:23 pm
She nods to Luth

''Of course. They are omelettes seasonned and topped with goat cheese...I can make some without if you are lactose intolerant.'' she paused ''I think milk-free pancakes could be made as well, if you prefer.''
"Sounds delicious as-is, thank you."

She looked to Layne to listen curiously.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Damn it. Why is this... this isn't how it was supposed to go! Layne just stood there, glowering at Baesal for a while. Eventually she did take a seat, though she made a point of not eating.

She looked toward Luth for a moment; skeptical about the whole thing. Then she turned to Baesal, and was quiet for another long while. Glowering a little less with each passing minute.

"The Emperor is dead... but he is not dead. He is a wound in the force, like nothing we've ever seen. And what we're going to fight here, whenever they show up, is not him, but his legacy. His children, and his Eternal Empire. Which is not the Empire of the Sith, but something else entirely. And it is beyond all of us to stand against as we are now."

She took in a deep breath, and exhaled. "All this I learned from the visions given to me by a powerful vergence. And from the visions of others. And from Spindral, who called me to Hoth and revealed this to me as a final act, before becoming one with the Force."

There. That was all of it. Except the part where she had gone there with Sylvain Torsin. She would try to at least keep *that* secret. She'd promised, after all.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Katarzyna Panteer

"I wouldn't mind some omelet too. Effectively breakfast for me after the night-watch." In fact, she was feeling a bit hungry.

Kat gave her attention back to Layne as she started to talk. "Others have spoken of these visions too... I'm not surprised that a poweful Force user such as the Emperor doesn't die as easily. We are all very familiar with echoes in the Force and Force ghosts, though he's probably not one with the Force."

It was a shame that Layne seemed to have gone of the ledge to learn these things, as it didn't seem different from what others have spoken of.

"What happened after you had these visions and the Vergence? Was this a Vergence of the Dark Side? Visions from such should be regarded with some caution..."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Back in the hangar

Assuming they left or are leaving, Daz stepped out of the shadows and said, “Well that’s a fine kick in the teeth.”

He wore more traditional Jedi robes, his arms hidden on the voluminous dark robes. He said to whoever was left, “I want to trust her, but she is going down a dark road, perhaps the only road she has ever known. She’s like a drifter, she probably feels she needs to walk alone.”

“But I have made up my mind, and I ain’t wasting no more time… on her.”

OOC: Just to clarify it seems like the ship left and some people are on board and some are not. Daz is not onboard.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

“Jedi help, but we won’t help you destroy yourself or others. And we can’t save you from yourself if you actively choose not to be saved. I—“

And then the Star Moth takes off. So that happened. It is… not on the list of things Tethys was expecting from this afternoon. Indeed, her expectations regarding her fellow Jedi have been off in two or three significant instances in the last twenty-four standard hours. That’s troubling in its own right, and also troubling us the possibility that the unscheduled flight might draw the pirates’ attention to Echo Base, and also… That’s it? That’s all the reason for this? Surely that can’t be all of it.

She smoothes the confusion from her expression with a few measured breaths.

“Yes. This puts a few pieces together more neatly, but we know most of that. Kat and I, at least, and a few others. I meant to take the chance to tell the rest of you today, here, if not for, well.” She half-shrugs.

“Another Empire out in wild space, ruled by an emperor of great power in the Force called Valkorion. This Empire of Zakuul has long had plans to subjugate the known galaxy, but something has gone wrong with their Emperor, just like the Sith’s Vitiate, and his children have inherited the plan—imperfectly, I think, though it’s not entirely clear. It sounds like he did something cruel to them, twisted them and left them unstable but still powerful. And his daughter is here, looking for something she lost and ready to destroy us all to get it. We’ll need to work together to stop her.”

She seems to have finished for a moment, but then a pained half-smile creases the corners of her eyes and she adds, not without bitterness, “…Is what I was originally going to say to you all at this meeting.”
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

A crystal tablet manifest from the wall and the togruta seemed to draw something on it. When she finished parts of the floor and wall sectioned themselves into hexagons and reformed themselved. Now there was a small opening towards the kitchen and a small conveyor that linked it to the table.

Soon enough plates with cheese omelettes began rolling in

''Same modus operandi as the Sith Emperor'' she acquiesced ''Master Panteer is correct, Visions can be tricky or can be sent by another...if powerful enough. I will not dispute the urgency but perhaps there is a way you have not considered that can match the one you aim to travel.''

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Perhaps there is..." she said, letting doubt wander back in.

"I... but it's *too late now*..." her voice cracked.

She'd come here with such resolve. And now she just wanted to curl up into a ball. She hadn't felt like this since before Korriban.

"...isn't it?"
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

“Why?” Tethys asks.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:19 pm
“Jedi help, but we won’t help you destroy yourself or others. And we can’t save you from yourself if you actively choose not to be saved. I—“

And then the Star Moth takes off. So that happened. It is… not on the list of things Tethys was expecting from this afternoon. Indeed, her expectations regarding her fellow Jedi have been off in two or three significant instances in the last twenty-four standard hours. That’s troubling in its own right, and also troubling us the possibility that the unscheduled flight might draw the pirates’ attention to Echo Base, and also… That’s it? That’s all the reason for this? Surely that can’t be all of it.

She smoothes the confusion from her expression with a few measured breaths.

“Yes. This puts a few pieces together more neatly, but we know most of that. Kat and I, at least, and a few others. I meant to take the chance to tell the rest of you today, here, if not for, well.” She half-shrugs.

“Another Empire out in wild space, ruled by an emperor of great power in the Force called Valkorion. This Empire of Zakuul has long had plans to subjugate the known galaxy, but something has gone wrong with their Emperor, just like the Sith’s Vitiate, and his children have inherited the plan—imperfectly, I think, though it’s not entirely clear. It sounds like he did something cruel to them, twisted them and left them unstable but still powerful. And his daughter is here, looking for something she lost and ready to destroy us all to get it. We’ll need to work together to stop her.”

She seems to have finished for a moment, but then a pained half-smile creases the corners of her eyes and she adds, not without bitterness, “…Is what I was originally going to say to you all at this meeting.”
Luth looked over toward Tethys, suddenly much more focused on the conversation. "Tethys... I'd like to speak once this is finished." She murmured, trying not to interrupt. Layne wasn't going to listen to her plead again to ask for help. She might make it worse as a reminder of Baras. Better to hang back for now.

Katarzyna Panteer

"We can all speak to share information on our common enemy, Luth," Kat at least didn't ignore the Sith in the room. Sure, they might be on opposing sides, but if they were going to face this threat they needed to be united in some way. Keeping the others in the dark wasn't going to bring forth the dawn they needed. "But... this first." She made a gesture to indicate Layne, whom had their attention for the time being. And she awaited the explanation to hear why.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Because I've already fallen..." she said, not looking at any of them. Because she couldn't.

"...I took an innocent life today. And the Light doesn't answer my call anymore because of it."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal closed her eyes for a second before standing up. She straightened her clothes and started to walk towards Layne.

She would not give her a chance, she would strike swiftly. Layne's eyes were averted so she could not see it coming.

Baesal took her into her arms for a hug.

''There is no prison more terrible then the one that is built by our own mind. Climbing back from the edge of the abyss is no easy thing, you know that, but it is feasible. You will work harder this time to balance the scales but you also have grown over the years even if you deny it.''

She paused

''There is a colony out there, a colony of expatriates and slaves whom have been afforded a new life of freedom by your hands. You have given them back their hope and that is no small miracle, take heart in it: The dark will only give you misery.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She would cry, if she could. But the darkness inside her would not allow it. Not now. Not when she was so close.

All she could do was simply sit there and let it happen, not reciprocating.

"Yet, I *must* see this through."

It will all turn out alright. She will show them. She will *earn* her place. And if not? Well... then at least she'll have *victory*. Because this *is* the path forward. Of that she was certain.

At least, in *this* moment.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal frowned and nodded

''Stubborn to the end'' she was sympathetic ''You have nothing to prove to anyone...but if you must leave the light, you need not surrender to the dark either. Give me a moment.''

With that Baesal left the room and returned with a data crystal

''Take this, this is a third way.''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She looked at it, not grasping how a data crystal could possibly help her.

"...and this is?"
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Figure it out'' she replied extending her arm towards her ''It contains a path long forgotten and more ancient the the Jedi...more difficult also.''
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"See what through, exactly?" Tethys presses. "The further down you leap, the harder it will be to climb back up. Whatever crazy idea you've decided only you can execute..." she bites back harsher language.

"One other person has already paid a terrible cost for your pride today. It's not you who'll be sacrificed if you knowingly choose the dark path, it's more innocent people. If you think you've got to make a hard choice, a difficult choice to mend your pride, the dark is the opposite of that. It's the easy way, it's cheap success at innocent people's expense."

She looks skeptical at best at Baes's data crystal. The solution to this problem isn't gear or ancient mysteries, as far as she's concerned; it's perfectly obvious (if not easy), entirely internal, and up to no one but Layne.

She does take a moment to nod acknowledgement to Luth. Time for another middle management meeting when this is resolved.

Katarzyna Panteer

Kat was incredibly disappointed that Layne had killed an innocent person simply because she thought it was more important to commit murder than to consult with her fellow Jedi first before throwing herself into some random vision. Or an intepretation of it.

Her blue eyes looked between those present, weighing her words carefully as she tried to sort this out. "... What exactly is it that you expected from us, knowing that you felt it right to add corpses to this path you've chosen? A life that can now never return."

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She could not muster the anger to confront Tethys right now. Certainly not when she was right. Not that that generally stopped her before. It probably had something to do with that *darkest* of moments she had told Baras about. But that was still to come. Something for future Layne to deal with. For now, Tethys had merely *hinted* at it, even if she probably didn't know that's what she was doing.

Layne took the data crystal, but like the angry mother-hen in the corner, she did not think it would hold anything of value in this context. She would have to see whether that was actually true or not though, later.

"I must walk back into the Vergence," she said to Tethys. "That much, at least, I must see through. What comes after... I don't know."

She would probably have to return to the Empire, Layne imagined. After all. She had already become the new apprentice of her old master. And she had killed. And this time it the kind of killing that she couldn't just avoid the consequences for, like she had on Alderaan.

No matter what else would happen; the Republic and Jedi might have no place for her anymore. It was a price she knew she might have to pay.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"So go with us," Tethys says immediately, innocent of the forces of time paradox making this unlikely. "Like we did on Bankor, when you and Baesal and I faced the dark vergence there. You didn't let fear rule you then."