Baesal Zyn

Re: The point of no return? [D3, EA]

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal nods to Tethys's words

"We have done it once, we can do it again."
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"You're mistaken. I *did* give in to fear then."

It is what allowed *that* vergence in, in the first place; probably.

"But you are not listening. This is *my* path to walk, not yours. And this vergence is *nothing* like that one was. Nothing as... forgiving... to your sensibilities. It would destroy you."

There was that pride of hers, perhaps. Or lingering attachments, instead.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth sighed softly. It was like reliving that time all over again, an echo of that old anxiety balling in her chest. She got up, stepping out of a doorway toward where they came into the ship. "I won't poke at anything." And with that, she was out of the room, leaving the Jedi to their discussion for a little while.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

A heavy sigh. This wasn't really going anywhere. At least not fast.

"... We can't let her go," she said eventually. Speaking the words that probably most of them were thinking. "She's killed an innocent person. Who knows how many more will be hurt to satisfy this... vision."
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:17 pm
Back in the hangar

Assuming they left or are leaving, Daz stepped out of the shadows and said, “Well that’s a fine kick in the teeth.”

He wore more traditional Jedi robes, his arms hidden on the voluminous dark robes. He said to whoever was left, “I want to trust her, but she is going down a dark road, perhaps the only road she has ever known. She’s like a drifter, she probably feels she needs to walk alone.”

“But I have made up my mind, and I ain’t wasting no more time… on her.”

OOC: Just to clarify it seems like the ship left and some people are on board and some are not. Daz is not onboard.
(OOC - BAHAHHAHHAHAHA!)

Breela bows to Daz perplexed, "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do to help?" She watches the ship depart, "I'm always here for either of you."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Breela Po wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:40 pm
Breela bows to Daz perplexed, "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do to help?" She watches the ship depart, "I'm always here for either of you."
"Comes with the job, Breela. I'm fine," he said with a smirk.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She sighed.

"You can try to arrest me, of course. I can say I have no intention of killing anyone else who doesn't deserve it, but I can not promise I won't either. Either way, I will not go willingly. I must do what I must do. I do not want to have to fight you, but if you want to force my hand so soon, then... well, that is up to you."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Layne. You haven't even explained why you're so convinced this is 'your path,' the only path, and no one else's." The threat of violence makes Tethys look grim indeed. Is her fellow Jedi having some sort of complete mental break? Is Vaylin or another powerful Dark Side entity exercising some influence on her mind that the others can't sense? This dark vergence she's so insistent on returning to, maybe?

She doesn't make any aggressive moves, but as she leans forward to speak more urgently, she does shift in her seat on the ship's padded bench just a little--to ensure that her draw would be unimpeded if necessary. She really hopes not.

"The Force can show possible futures, but none of them are written. Nobody and nothing is making this decision but you. Don't delude yourself into believing you have no other choice. You're more intelligent than that. "
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Katarzyna Panteer

"I do doubt your judgement of who 'deserves' to die when you've already confessed to the murder of an innocent person all to serve whatever delusion you are under," Kat said, in fact rather harshly this time compared to her usual calm. They needed to keep her contained, to at least make sure she wasn't being manipulated by something or someone.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal took her seat back

''Truth is she is right on this. We can't contain her...nor should we.'' there was sadness on her voice ''There is something you need to find Layne, that is also true, but it might not be what you think.''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I have explained more than well enough," she said, anger returning to her features. "If you are still confused then that is your failing, not mine."

It seemed like they were intent on proving to Layne it was a mistake to trust them with the truth. Just as she'd predicted, they would stop her. Just as she wanted. And just as she *couldn't allow*. Should've been harsher from the start, maybe.

She stood up slowly as they talked of stopping her, and made tentative moves to that effect. There was nothing threathening about Tethys. Out of everyone here, Layne was by far the superior duelist, something her posture made very clear.

"I have no intention of fighting you Tethys. Or any of you, for that matter. Yet here you are, talking about doing exactly that. That would be *your* choice you'd be making. You are right about one thing, only *I* can decide my fate. My destiny. Not you. Yet here you are, trying to do just that. Just as I had foreseen you would."

She sighed.

"Well then. Do what you must."

She wasn't going to fight them, if she could avoid it.
Katarzyna Panteer

A strange spin for someone who had reached for her weapon earlier, Kat thought, but figured it was whatever imbalance the woman was suffering from was making her try to justify things to the point of absurdity. Such as killing an innocent person being just swept aside as a nescessity.

Some tension left Kat's shoulders, though not completely as she still maintained that ready posture of an experienced warrior herself. "There is no need for conflict, but you must be kept away from hurting yourself and any other people, Layne. The Dark Side is clearly influencing your thoughts and decisions." At least she did have the wisdom to come peacefully now, even after her previous bluster about not coming peacefully. "You will be held accountable for what you've done."

----

OOC: Feels like we can scene to Layne being apprehended?

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

((OOC: Fine with me, I think Tethys doesn't need to get in any further last words. She's said her bit.))
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...As you say."

She had no intention of staying confined, of course. But this was the way. Even gripped by the Dark Side as she already was, she didn't want to hurt them. And this way, at least, she got to say she was doing as Baras instructed, a while longer. Playing the part of the conflicted Jedi; the truth wrapped in a lie wrapped in truth.

[OOC: whatever you guys want to do with the rest of the scene is fine by me]
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth, sensing the tension lighten just a little, stepped back in. they'd probably reached a conclusion of some kind. "What's the story?"

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''We are going back to base'' she replied to their visitor ''My colleagues have taken upon themselves to apprehend Layne and she has chosen not to resist''

Baes ordered the ship to return

She looked in Layne's eyes one last time asking Are you sure?
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She simply shrugged. This was the way.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth looked distant for a moment, tapped out a message, and settled in. "That's acceptable. I won't interfere in what you need to do."

Katarzyna Panteer

That Baesal was this chill with Layne's confession to murder was another issue, but not one Kat felt like dealing with right now considering the more pressing issues on their hands.

"Thank you, Luth. I'm sorry that we seem to meet under difficult circumstances each time." She glanced around at those gathered. "I believe it was mentioned that we had other matters to discuss, while we're on our way back?"

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She had only one more thing to say before they'd put her in... whatever could double as a brig on this weird ship.

"...Use that time to talk to her. Like I asked at the start of this."

And that was that.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"Just about gathering information. It can wait. It doesn't seem quite the... moment," she replied, looking toward Layne with a shake of her head. Then she paused. "Actually, maybe it should wait, more to the point. I have a specific thing I wanted to ask Tethys about later, but I think it's coming time soon that we'll want to arrange to collaborate as a whole to collect everything we have on both sides about this separate Empire."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"That is almost certainly true," Tethys agrees. "Too many different people are having strange visions and communications from this Zakuul since we set out for Hoth. Without coordination, others besides Layne may be deceived by these dark powers into acting foolishly and alone."

---

That being established, shall we /FTJ (Fade To Jail)?