Baesal Zyn

Day 2 EE: Lending a hand

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The truck had been put outside for Hoth proofing so the cargo area was now mostly empty except for what she needed to work. Focused on her bench, sparks flying and with R-5 by her side, she was slowly but surely creating a new hand for Daz.

She was confused herself about the situation. There could be several reasons why Daz would not speak to her now but...

Shaking her head she returned to her work

Force Attuned cybernetics for Daz: inventor, R-5 help, Master Artificer, Manipulate, bench(+1 sucs), toolbox: 4eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage total: 5 successes, done in two hours
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Breela Po

Re: Day 2 EE: Lending a hand

Post by Breela Po »

Breela had seen Baes earlier when she was coming back with Nudi. After touching base with the powers that be she decided to stop in and see her.
"Hey Baes! We really haven't spoken all that much in a while." She looks at the apparatus under construction curiously. "Is that... a hand?"
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Hello Breela'' she raised the beginning of the core structure closer to the light to inspect it

''Yes, it has been a while and there was not much time after the crash. Also...yes, it is a hand.'' she replaced it on the bench ''It is for my former padawan...he lost his hand this morning''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:27 pm
''Hello Breela'' she raised the beginning of the core structure closer to the light to inspect it

''Yes, it has been a while and there was not much time after the crash. Also...yes, it is a hand.'' she replaced it on the bench ''It is for my former padawan...he lost his hand this morning''
"Daz?" Breela blinked, "Daz lost his hand? How did he lose his hand??" Her mind races with worry and frustration.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The craftswoman put removed her goggles and gloves, turning to face her guest. Her face was not one of worry but of resolution.

''He is dizzy from medication but he will recover fast, even more so with this force-attuned prosthetic. He did not speak of the encounter for his own reasons. I respect his call until he is ready to speak.''

She forced smile

''But that is not why I asked you here...please take a seat: I want to know about the message you posted yesterday.''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Baes..." Breela said firmly. "This is going to ratchet up the tension in the base. He has to come clean. I can't focus on what I need to do if I have to worry about everything going to shit back at base." She pulls up a crate and sits. "Unless he knows that and it was a Sith her at the base. Maybe the leadership are keeping it hush hush." She reasons.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''He is not a kid anymore, Breela, an he is the one who got victimized. The least we could do is give him the time he needs to make his mind.'' she countered, laying back

''How is the search proceeding?''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Maybe I should go talk to him. Why on earth would he keep it quiet? I could be rushing to conclusions. No Baes just said victimized, he was attacked. Dammit who did this? Maybe it was a pirate, maybe...

"Huh? Oh, it's well." She really didn't know how to answer that. "In my vision I saw Tor with-" she felt nauseous, "with a s- sl-" She swallowed and breathed. "A rodian was leading my son like a dog on a leash somewhere. I don't know where. But I do know the Rodian by sight." She says coldly. "As for Zan'ja. She's stuck in an ice mine. I have a lead on that one but unfortunately I'll need to go undercover to get intel."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She frowns and nods

''Those are your cubs, correct? I just want to make sure I am not mistaken.'' she paused ''What lead do you have so far? I had an idea on how to get intel but it's risky and I wanted to hear what you thought.''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Yes." She says when asked about the cubs.

"There's a thing called the pits. It's kill or be killed apparently, but fighters get paired up with whatever this 'Queen' of Junktown finds amusing. I'm pretty confident in my martial abilities so I'm game to smack around a few gladiators to gain an in to her majesties confidence." Breela scratches her nose, "Also I have a location on the pits. And I'm not above a quick raid."

"Lastly, I intend on using the merchants in Junktown to be my eyes and ears. Even low-rent doctors utilize friends in low places in that place, so I doubt anyone would care all that much. My low rent HUMINT operation would easily go unnoticed there."

She shudders at an icy draft and pulls her coat in tighter. "What do you got?"

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''I can make a trojan virus that can be hidden on any technological device.'' she explains ''It might offer us a backdoor into their systems so we can gleam some more intelligence. The problem being that their spiders could see them over time and I am sure at least one A.I works with them.''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Excellent... Excellent!!!

Breela heard spiders and techno talk. "I hate spiders. But if it's tech stuff I know a guy." She gives Baes a thumbs up. "It sounds like a good idea to me! If you do the thing with the omni tool and the programming, I'll put the thing in the thing. Or have Nudimsu do it for me." :D

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal stared for a second

''You...did not quite understand what I was talking about, yes?'' she asked, raising an eye brow. She ended up just shaking her head then she made a strong push with her legs to send her chair rolling backwards towards a cabinet. She picked up two items before giving a swing to roll back into place.

''In the meantime, I have this.'' she showed two metal spheres with a clear activation mechanism
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"I'll be honest, I'm the least computer/mechanical whatever savvy person in the galaxy. If my fists can't solve the problem then I convince other people to solve it for me." Breela just stares at the spheres, "So... what are these?"

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Remember he black sludge? I weaponized it.'' she explains, showing the devices properly ''These are sludge grenades: totally non-lethal but can snare a victim in a black bubble of the expending smelly stuff''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

XD

"Baes... you're a genius! A hot, crazy genius!!"

Oh the mischief I could cause with these!

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Thank you, I do have my moments'' she replied with a grin ''I give you two for now...I have two more but I do not know how much...or even if I can make more.''

Sludge grenades
Skill: Ranged, Light. Range: Short, Encum: 1, HP: 0 ,Cost 150 (crafting 75) Rarity- NA Qualities: Ensnare 4, Limited Ammo 1, Stench (victims gets 1 setback dice due to smell for the encounter)

The ensnare and stench quality triggers automatically on any target the weapon hits, with no need to spend advantage results.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Two is plenty!" She grinned, "You're the best Baes!" Her tail sways gently.

(If this was a dating sim you'd get +3 points for that gift, and +3 for the other one.)

"Listen, I- I wanted to thank you." She smiles, "I know it probably came as a shock, me not telling you. It's hard for me to lean on others sometimes." She blushes. "Everyone stepping up like they have. I don't know. I just... part of me just wants to run away you know? Just run off, pull a Layne. Not look back." Feeling a touch vulnerable she sways awkwardly. "I should have told you first, that's all I'm saying. You had my back on Alderaan after all."

But this isn't Alderaan either. I've got a reason to live. A mission, a drive.

"I guess I wanted to keep the order out of this one? Back when this was set to be a negotiation I figured I was going to cause problems. So at the time my decision made a certain kind of sense. If you think about it." She rubbed her neck. "But that's an excuse." She fumbled for the right words.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The togruta listens and smiles

''I understand Breela...You have suffered a deep trauma and these things do not heal easily... I cannot fault you from still being hurt.''

She leans back on her bench, pondering

''A lot of people are worried for you, they fear that pain might make you do something reckless...but just know that we have your back: there is strength to be found in each other.''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She relaxes a little. "I'm trying my best to reign in my emotions. For the most part It's working but..." she sighs, "...I'll admit that there's a limit, and never before have I come so close to it."

She shivers. "That fear they have is justified. I'm living proof why we shouldn't have kids, shouldn't get attached. My attachments are going to pull me down. It's not a question of if, but when. I'm going to fight with everything that I am to keep above the dark, but the fear is still there." She pulls her arms in tighter against the chill. "I ask myself all the time: What if I fall? What if my recklessness gets the better of me? These questions are like a nagging noise in my periphery. Constantly chewing on my confidence."

"I'm," she winces, "scared."

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Do not be afraid'' she simply said

''Do not reign in you emotions, delve in to them. Seek to understand them and what they bring. It is not easy but conflict and peace are not exclusive to one another.''

Silence

''Find your peace within the conflict.''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She sighs, "The eye at the center of the tempest."

She sits for a time in silent contemplation.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''There is no ignorance, There is knowledge'' she begins in a soothing voice to help the meditation

''Emotions are inevitable but they are not absolute. They have roots in both reason and heart...find them and understand them. It will hurt to face the fear, the despair and the loss but if you acknowledge them and let go they will have no more power over you.''
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She doesn't really want to meditate. But she does it for Baes.

"No ignorance," she breathes, "Knowledge."

She lets the world fall away. Lets her worries fall away. Until it's only her and that dark accretion at the periphery.

Then from below, that twisted ugly tempest from before? Except this time she falls into the center of it. 'Baes?' She looks around at the dark and twisting tendrils that slither up into oblivion. Darkness and lightning, What is this? Baes!

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Normally Baesal would not try to read someone else emotions but it seemed like Breela needed her help. Even without reaching into the Force she could sense it.

She took a breath and extended her senses (assuming Breela let her in)

''Breathe. Storms are many things, Breela, and one thing that they always are is passing. They rumble and thunder above our head but in the end they come and go. The moon, sun and stars will always remain.''

She paused

''Can you seen them, Breela? Your sun and moon? Can you see your stars throught the storm? They are there.''