Best cantina in Junktown.
Aurilie Alde

Re: Morning After (Not Like That) [Day 3, EM, Closed]

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie sighed softly seeing Riss struggle through her headache to talk about the aching topic was more than enough to coax her back into the care of her friend. She scooted near her again and placed an arm around her shoulders with her other hand placing itself gently on her head. While she was no Jedi, she hope the gesture would some throbbing there. She did find herself frowning pensively as she looked at her friend. There was a thought but not one she was going to think or say at the moment.

"...You're right to say that he's too attached to this to have sound judgment, especially when his sister is a criminal in possibly one of the highest offences in Alderaan. However, it is the Alderaan way to put her on trial to answer for her crimes. You needn't be too harsh on him for wishing that, at difficult as that might be, Riss." She attempted to put it delicately.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Riss

Post by Riss »

"No.." she breathes in slowly, trying to fill as much of her lungs as she can. Feeling that need for more air as if it would support her alone. Though she needn't have it support her alone as she leaned into Aurilie's gentleness. Still, with a shudder, "But.. I can't stop thinking about it whenever I look at him. I- it makes me so angry, looking at his stupid beautiful face. I've never had someone I actually cared about die," she swallows hard, "die like that. In my hands Aurie.. I felt him go," she shudders again, just a little as she tries to maintain herself somewhat.

"All I can think about when I look at Omandri is Vidara, his stupid kriffing sister who ruined everything. Who killed so many good people," Riss' tone turns a little colder, a little more fueled. Though she lets it go as best she can, the somewhat soothed by care throbbing still limiting her from getting too passionate in her hate.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie shifted slightly in her seating and turned so that Riss could rest her head on her shoulder if she wanted to. Her hand soothed her back as she felt partially responsible for opening that can of worms. "I really wish there were happier coincidences in your life, Riss. I was going to say that you're unfortunately close to this too...Justice isn't very fair to your loss but I'm not so sure if killing her will do much to help you either."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'm not running out to go kill her or anything," she half-chuckles, there's very little spirit in it. Resting against Aurilie just as was offered Riss looks a little more peaceful, almost a little too peaceful for the conversation truly. Like there was a layer between her and the topic forming slowly as they spoke. "I'm trying to ignore what I know. Trying to ignore that she's here. But if I were in the same room as her? It's the best way I know how to stop her from getting away. Someone in her position would wiggle out of anything we try to do legally I- I wish I didn't know that, but I do. I know way too much to trust that any sort of confinement for her would stick."
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie frowned at that. "...Riss, I get the feeling that you might be second-guessing yourself too much, especially with someone who must be mortal as we are. If she were so cunning and omnipotent, are you going to worry about how you've found her in the first place? Maybe she wanted you to find her at that place and time. Maybe, it is actually her plan to have you shoot her. If you give yourself too many layers, I'm sure someone will outsmart ten steps ahead. I'd err on the side of just doing what is right."

It was perhaps a bit idealistic but it seemed right to the Alde.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Yea well.. that's why I'm keeping myself away from it," she says, and slinks away from Aurilie. Sliding down onto the bed she cozies herself up with the sheet that was their excuse for a blanket in this place. Huddling up as if the act of doing so would help her shut out the world a little while longer. "Maybe others can see the right thing to do better than me. I can't. And one of the last things I want to do is kill Omandri's sister," she says, inhaling deeply and then exhaling rather slow but with a shudder to her breath.

"He could probably use someone though," she says, sighing and burying her face a little more so that the rest was muffled. Whatever she said, only the cushioning of the bed would ever know.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie let Riss go and resign herself to the cover of sheets. She placed her hands on her knees and watched her friend attempt to hide from the world. While she was sure something like that might have worked when they were children, that was unlikely the case here. "I don't blame you for wanting to stay away...and in some ways, good. Especially, when you've found a way to get yourself with unsavoury types around here, including some enterprising first mate of a gang of pirates. Wait, make that us, now. Once you're over the hangover and dig yourself out of those sheets, don't forget about your own troubles too."

She gave a shake of her head, muttering a bit to herself. "Also, now I feel a bit silly about suggesting Omandri as a relationship partner..."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"You couldn't have known," she says a touch more softly, only having moved her head enough to get the words out from underneath herself. "Woulda.. was a.. you would have been right, maybe, in almost any other circumstance you know?" she chuckles softly but there isn't any real amusement behind it. Something much more numb was present in that tone. "Omandri is a real good guy, in the end," she mutters almost, shifting only because she's reminded of her wakefulness a touch.

"Also," she starts. Extending her foot to touch Aurie's side from under the sheet, "don't think we're done talking about that one. You're swimmin' for the first time in the middle of an ocean filled with sea critters. You better know that."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Good people often seem to find a way to get wrapped up in trouble nowadays," she said as she gave a glance at Riss after her line. "If it wasn't for the unfortunate relation, you might have had something in common. That said, I don't think courting anyone is something that would be on either of your minds at the moment. It was an amusing thought exercise, even if a brief one."

"I'm guessing it will be a simple job, or at least I hope it will be," she gave a shrug. "I'll agree that I'm very much out of my element here but I'll just have to see if my outdoorswomanship can guide us out of it. It hasn't failed me so far."

She offered a faint smile. "Then again, is this situation so unfamiliar? I distinctively remember our various misadventures as children and more than a few of them were your idea. It seems only right that we do a bit of catching up after all these years of responsibility."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"For the record," Riss reservedly chuckles, "this one is your idea, and you might be all well and good at steering us out of trouble in the outdoors, but- this is my territory. We're in the thick of it with all sorts of people, and I am chief when it comes to people," she says, half muffled by the people but her smile pokes through.

"So when they're all like, 'How did you two manage?' I get to be the one who claims I got you out of this mess, mmm?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie's shoulders sank and she nodded soundly at that, letting out a chortle. "Right, then. My apologies, I suppose I forgot that I actually sought after the first mate for a job. My decency might have tried to rewrite history there. This isn't supposed to be a competition, Riss, but if you want to turn it one then I'm happy to concede to you. Remember, you can only brag about such a thing if you actually manage to get us out of this mess. I'll stand silently with my rifle and you can steer us through this pirate quagmire."

That was more or less what she did later that night, anyway.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Follow me, don't do what I do. Like my charming companion said.. Trust nobody except for me- good start," she says with a half-smile before sleep starts creeping at her again. That need for a little bit of rest giving her a distance to the way her words sounded, like she was already speaking with half a step in dreamland. "Second step- keep Cynella in your brain, and those cute little kids of yours they.."

".. they come first. Leave everyone else with the bag.. if you have to.."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"They're on my mind, always," she said with truthfulness on that point. Even when she wasn't about to commit a crime and they were on some other system away, she thought of them. Right about now, she was already thinking about Cynella and how she was going to explain why she didn't come home last night. Needless to say, she was going to be upfront with Cynella about what transpired here and what will transpire later on. Their relationship wasn't one with secrets.

"They and you, Riss," she said with narrow eyes as she realized that Riss was drifting off. "I don't want you losing your life to or for some pirates. I'm going to make sure you stay out of trouble...albeit, trouble that I'm partially responsible for."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'm a big girl," she mumbles, shifting a little with the covers. "Can take care of- self. Hey Aurie? You did really good for yourself ya know? Glad. You seem.. you got good things. Deserve them. Mmm. Just keep 'em mmm, with whatever else is gettin' you lately," she rolls her shoulders a little. "Not sure what it is but- you'll manage whatever it is. I'm sure of it. Got me- if.. need."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie let out a happy sigh and nodded. "I suppose I've done well for myself, yes. Perhaps I've been blessed with a few happy coincidences on the way to make that possible. I'm not fully convinced that I've done that much good to deserve it all..."

She gave a glance at Riss in bed and gave her a small pat. "I think you're finding your sleep. Much better than sleeping on the floor, yeah? I'd better go before you say more silly things. Rest up, I'll make sure there's some breakfast waiting for your when you wake up...or lunch, for that matter."

With that, she stood up to get dressed and put on her boots.

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Much better than.." she sniffles, rolling over on her side a little bit more. "Floor.. yea," she murmurs the rest of a sentence which is entirely unintelligable. Though there were some softer pleasant notes to it where Aurilie could almost guess there was some compliment thrown in there about something.

"Thanks, Aurie," she says, softly and much more quietly as Riss Lanar, Countess of the Lanar family, drifts back to sleep.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie smiled back at Riss's sleeping form and nodded. "You're quite welcome, any time. Get some rest now."

After putting on her jacket, she would quietly make her way out hunt for some breakfast and maybe fetch some filtered water for Riss once she wakes once more...

/exit

Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss would sleep for a while longer, poor girl has had quite the rough time of it of late.

/scene, thank you!
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."