Best cantina in Junktown.
Breela Po

(D2-EA) Every planet has a Cantina (Ask)

Post by Breela Po »

She'd been sitting at the bar for sometime lost in thought. When asked to order she bought a whiskey. Once poured she just stared at it. Contemplated it. She had cut back after the raid, after she'd found hope. With yesterday's revelation she'd seemed to have lost her taste for it entirely.

"Ello there, mind if I join you?"
The man looks at the bartender. "Pint of the usual."
Turning back to Breela he says, "'Bit early in the afternoon for the hard stuff, innit?"

"Kriff off," She said moping.

"Kitties got a chip on her shoulder. Don't worry love, I got a tune that'll melt away all your troubles."

She scoffs, "I doubt that seriously."

"Ohh yeah, just the thing to perk you right up. You'll see." The man downs the pint and springs towards the stage. He picks up his 7 string and starts playing.

At first she rolled her eyes. Then after a few seconds found herself watching him. Not because it was working of course! Just... cause...

Coming back to reality she found herself staring at the glass still. Everyone else payed more attention to the girl on stage singing. Breela took out her canteen and took a swig of water, instead pushing the glass to another nearby patron. "You can have it."

She'll find a seat over in a corner booth with a good view instead, looking for either the Rodian or someone who might turn into a good lead.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Dapper Dog

Re: (D2-EA) Every planet has a Cantina (Ask)

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jiyara.jpg
Jiyara.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 904 times
A woman entered the folks in the cantina give her a wide berth, she heads to the bar and orders a drink, she seems to have the respect or fear of the locals.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

(If there's a waitor about she'll flag them down. Otherwise she'll sit in silence for a moment and observe quietly.)
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Breela Po wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:16 am
(If there's a waitor about she'll flag them down. Otherwise she'll sit in silence for a moment and observe quietly.)
A dug comes by and asked if she wanted a drink otherwise get the kriff out.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Yeah I wanna drink! Another whiskey, be quick about it." Before he gets away, "Oi! Wanna tip mate?" She lowers her voice, "Tell me who miss attitude over there is."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The dug woman said, “That’s the local sawbones hunny, Jiyara, best we got around here. Someone tried to run a protection racket on her, ended up dead in a week. Queen gives her a pass after that. She’s trouble, but she’s also good, here she even does face and body sculpting too…”

She holds out her foot for creds.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela sneers then hands over a couple more creds. "Yer know wot, I changed my mind. I want something a little stronger. Got any Tihaar?" Then pays a little more.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The dug complied and went on her way.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Once the dug brings her drink. She admires the clear liquid for a time longingly. Then after sighing she surreptitiously waters it down before heading over.
"Mind if I join ya?" She asks testing the waters.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Breela Po wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:12 am
Once the dug brings her drink. She admires the clear liquid for a time longingly. Then after sighing she surreptitiously waters it down before heading over.
"Mind if I join ya?" She asks testing the waters.
"Not at all, I mean you spent some creds to find out about me, might as well make it worthwhile," she mused.

"Jiyara, local doctor."
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She grins, "Got good hearin luv." She chuckles, "Well I'ma stranger in town, inna? Can ye fault me for being cautious? Breela, local brawler." She knocks back the drink. There's still enough of a kick to make her hate herself for drinking it. "So tell me then, what's yer story? How is it you got this lot to behave in yer presence?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“That and Sheka always lets me know when someone is interested. Have to keep friends in the low places around here. Local brawler, huh?” she said as she sipped her booze.

“Story is the same as most around here, had a life before but things went sideways, and now I am here living on the edge. No real perks, must always watch your back, but it’s mostly free as long as you don’t piss off the Queen.”
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 am
“That and Sheka always lets me know when someone is interested. Have to keep friends in the low places around here. Local brawler, huh?” she said as she sipped her booze.
"Brawler, ruffian, wastrel. At yer service. Then I s'pose it'd be in my best interest to keep tippin well then." She smiles easily.
Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 am
“Story is the same as most around here, had a life before but things went sideways, and now I am here living on the edge. No real perks, must always watch your back, but it’s mostly free as long as you don’t piss off the Queen.”

"Anythin' you can tell me about the queen, anythin' I should know?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Breela Po wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:11 am
"Anythin' you can tell me about the queen, anythin' I should know?"
"Thought you were a local brawler?" she questioned.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"I also said I'm new. Only jus arrived a bit ago with a few of my mates." She sighs, "Fine, if we're bein all technical, ima "new" local brawler. And I'm hopin' to avoid pissin' off the big boss lady whilst plyin' my trade. Nevermind that I'm hopin' for deets without spendin' quid and ending up on her kriff-list."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“Don’t get on her radar then,” she said turning back to her drink as she spoke to Breela. “She’s lax but if you do anything to threaten her money or bother her entertainment is the quickest way to get fed to the wampa. Do well in the pits, could get you noticed.”
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:57 am
Do well in the pits, could get you noticed.
"The pits?" Breela's eyes light up. "You mean fightin'?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“Yep, fighting whatever she decides would be entertaining,” the woman said. “It’s kill or be killed though.”
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Wot isn't?" She asked, "Where are these pits at?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Not hard to find go where the biggest crowd is, have fun," she said going back to her drink.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"One last thing, say I survive - where mights I find ye? Since you're the best in town according to yer friend."
I'll ask about the Rodian tomorrow, no sense in drawing to much attention to myself. She reasons.

Afterwards she'll go check out the Pits as an observer. Looking at layout, security, keeping an eye out for the Rodian, all that good spy stuff. Also she is wearing her concealing robes.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I keep my place not far from here," she offers basic if somewhat confusing directions.

The pit was easy to find and is as advertised, a large pit with makeshift stands around it and people cheering at brutal bloodsports, and around it are posted up the remnants of the losers in cages. Security is not high but it looks like every p[irate there is armed. On one side is an empty throne where the Queen probably sits.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She notes the queen's throne and has more than a few ideas about it. She moves on and looks at the cages in grim silence. If she doesn't see her kids in any of them she'll move on to the crowd and look for the Rodian. If she doesn't see him there or anywhere she'll go and look at where the gladiators sign up at.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She does not find a sign up, it looks like the Pit is a form of punishment. But she can ask the White Maw if she is interested.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Dammit, if there's no fighter registration then that definitely means I'd be painting a bullseye on myself if I volunteered to join in. Regardless though this is an in, and a damn good one. She ruminates some more on what she should do. Today is not the day to take action. But tomorrow...

She'll leave the pits behind and take another look around town. In the late morning she got a gist of where everything is. Now she'll be looking for people in need, people she can recruit to be her eyes in the town like beggars or desperate shop/stall owners.