Best cantina in Junktown.
Aurilie Alde

Re: Riss' Kind of Excitement [Day 2, ME]

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Riss wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:39 pm
"Oh, I do," she says with a wink as Aurilie speaks. Turning her attention to the other woman with her head resting in a raised hand, palm cradling her cheek.

"Would you look at that, Beezlediz is getting all sorts of attention today. I hear he might just be who can offer you something around these parts," she says, and glances around the room. Focusing on Aurilie a little more with a squint to her eyes, "I am surprised though."

"Gamblers do like taking risks though, don't you think?" she asks, looking back to Red Blade.
"I figured that it shouldn't just be you who turn up in the darndest of places, I'm quite capable of making an appearance." She said with a proud air about her as she adjusted the collar of her coat. "More to your point, I wanted to keep busy and I know that these White Maw types have been plenty busy. It's only fair that they share a bit of what they're up to and share the benefits."

She looked between the two. "I take it that this conversation is relating to that sort of business or shall I be on my way?"
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Red Blade said nothing.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Riss

Post by Riss »

"This one isn't," Riss says, glancing over Red Blade a moment as she faces Aurilie. A flash of a little smile, "This one is over a gal who is far too curious for her own good and a man whom spouts the most fatherly of wisdom," she says with a little wink directed at Aurilie. Two fingers tapping against the table, a shrug, "But I just met Beezlediz. Seems a shifty enough Rodian with a plan, not the type I would have expected of you but who am I to judge?" she asks, and gives her one free hand a raise and a lift of her head for that dramatic shrug. Resting back into place she settles to look at Aurie for a good long second.

"If you need me, mm?" she suggests, and leaves it at that before looking more fully to Red Blade.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"He's a scoundrel and a crook, but he isn't dumb, and if he has a score, it might be worth looking into," he added.
Riss

Post by Riss »

With a slightly played up doting tone, "From the lips of the Red Blade himself, mmm?" she says, and then looks back to Aurilie with a smile. Digging into her jacket pocket she flashes out a playing card so that Aurilie might see it and then tucks it nearly away.

"We'll have plenty of time to chat, mm? Seems like I can watch over you a little," she adds with that hint of a tease because that's not usually how this friendship of theirs has probably ever gone.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie narrowed her eyes and looked between both the person and Riss, getting the feel of some rather familiar notes in Riss's storied history. Seeing it as a continuing saga should be no surprise, although this was the oddest of places. Did Riss have plans within plans now?

She frowned faintly before answering. "No, I suppose it's not the sort of company that I typically associate with but people here are in short supply. I was thinking that a pragmatic approach would be best, considering that's the pervasive theme around here. Let's see if something can be negotiated. I won't be too far."

With that, she gave a nod to both Riss and her company before walking off to find this rodian.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She finds the rodian playing a card game and he looks up and said in Huttese, "Have to wait for the next hand."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:45 am
She finds the rodian playing a card game and he looks up and said in Huttese, "Have to wait for the next hand."
The language didn't catch Aurilie completely off guard, as she had an understanding of it. "I'm patient enough, I can wait. It would be a shame to have you distracted when I'm here for business. However, I'm still up for a game."

Riss

Post by Riss »

For the moment, as Aurilie walks off to meet with the individual known as Beezlediz the conversation between Riss and the Red Hand takes a back seat off-screen. Faded into that background Riss has the occasional teasy look to herself, and just before falling off screen can be seen waving down the bartender for a round.

Assuming, of course, the Red Hand seems to be in agreement for such a shift to a more casual and less screen-worthy conversation.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 pm
The language didn't catch Aurilie completely off guard, as she had an understanding of it. "I'm patient enough, I can wait. It would be a shame to have you distracted when I'm here for business. However, I'm still up for a game."
The game ends and he deals her in speaking in Huttese, "So stranger what brings you to my table? Or you just looking to lose some money?"
Riss wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:32 pm
For the moment, as Aurilie walks off to meet with the individual known as Beezlediz the conversation between Riss and the Red Hand takes a back seat off-screen. Faded into that background Riss has the occasional teasy look to herself, and just before falling off screen can be seen waving down the bartender for a round.

Assuming, of course, the Red Hand seems to be in agreement for such a shift to a more casual and less screen-worthy conversation.
He turned to her and said, as he followed the other woman's walk to the game room, "Friend of yours?"
Riss

Post by Riss »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm
He turned to her and said, as he followed the other woman's walk to the game room, "Friend of yours?"
"An old friend, mm. Not one I expected to see out here really," she says with a look off in the same direction, even moments after Aurilie had been gone for some time. Looking back to the man opposite her she quirked a brow, "Why, interested?" she asks with a far too teasing grin.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I just like to know any wild cards in the mix," he replied. "First rule of Junk Town, trust no one."
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Every crime hole across the galaxy has that rule. I never did learn to follow rules too well," she says, a little roll of her fingertips along the top of the table. Glancing toward Aurilie's last seen location, a thought spared for others, a shrug, "But I at least have some people I can trust here, it seems. Though, suppose they aren't much for Junk Town so I'll just have to make sure they stay safe mmm? Can't let folk take all too much advantage of them," she says, and glances over toward the bar, "Least not in a way they can't afford to be."

"That a rule that extends outside of Junk Town for you, Mr. Red Blade?" she asks, a slight teasing to her smile.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"You seem well traveled for a noble from Alderaan," he responded.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Did I say I was a noble from Alderaan?" she smiles bright, tilting her head more to the side in the palm of her hand. Letting it go she also lowers the hand and raises her head up on its own merit. Shrugging, "Well, every family needs their problem child hmm? That one that really doesn't like playing by the rules? The bad girl?" she raises her hand again to her chest, two taps with the full of her palm over her heart.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Didn't have to, your face gets around. Not sure what brings you out here, but I have a few guesses. So what's your angle here?" he asked.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"It does, doesn't it?" she says, both elbows coming down onto the table and leaning her head forward onto the backs of her hands which are left a little limp in the center. Creating just another stage of this little show of hers, "I am ever so curious about what your guesses might be first before I tell you. Though, I will give you the little hint that your guesses are likely far more interesting," she smiles and waits with all attention granted toward him.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Too many ears for polite conversation," he threw out some aurum coins on the table.

"You have a place more private?"
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss' eye hit the coins, then the table, then simply held for a moment as she processed. A small smile, a smirk, she nods toward the center of the room, "I was about to rent a room here, wanna stay local enough. I could expedite that if that's good enough for you?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm
The game ends and he deals her in speaking in Huttese, "So stranger what brings you to my table? Or you just looking to lose some money?"
"There seems to be no shortage of ways to lose money around here, what's another opportunity?" She smirked faintly returning to be serious once more. "More to the point, I was directed to you for work by your Queen."

She gave a look around the place, perhaps curious to see how well the Rodian was defended before looking back at him.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:09 pm
"There seems to be no shortage of ways to lose money around here, what's another opportunity?" She smirked faintly returning to be serious once more. "More to the point, I was directed to you for work by your Queen."

She gave a look around the place, perhaps curious to see how well the Rodian was defended before looking back at him.
"Depends, just what will you do?" he asked. "More importantly, won't do."
Riss wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:33 pm
Riss' eye hit the coins, then the table, then simply held for a moment as she processed. A small smile, a smirk, she nods toward the center of the room, "I was about to rent a room here, wanna stay local enough. I could expedite that if that's good enough for you?"
"Be my guest," he replied.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:16 pm
"Be my guest," he replied.
"Be right back then," she says, granting a wink before sliding out of her seat and moving over toward the bar. Signaling them down to see about paying for one of the rooms here.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:16 pm
"Depends, just what will you do?" he asked. "More importantly, won't do."
She looked sternly at the Rodian and didn't budge so much at the question. "Let's not focus on the negatives and more on what I can do for you. I'm a good tracker and shooter. I'd say negotiator but I get the feeling that you're in charge of the negotiating here. Surely, you're the one who runs everything for the Queen here? Keeps her town running?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I do, I clean things up for her, keep things running smooth. It's dirty work, and that means it's your dirty work if you are looking for a job," he responded.

"I always need a good gun, for side jobs and personal projects."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Riss wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:25 pm
"Be right back then," she says, granting a wink before sliding out of her seat and moving over toward the bar. Signaling them down to see about paying for one of the rooms here.
She can get a room pretty easily.